It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utility Fog: Our technologies future?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

If you can explain it better for me, please do. I'm interested in what you have to say on this topic.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Epic Wolf

I tell you what, as soon as I get a chance I'll send you a U2U with some relevant info. Too bad you weren't here as it's much better to witness this stuff.

If I were as good as Tom B. at explaining technical data we'd probably be ahead of the game.

One thing I can tell you is there is never a dull moment and there is always a new challenge.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I believe the power of humanities inventions must be accompanied with a correspondingly enlightened society or we will nip ourselves in the bud, so to speak.

All humans desire control, because it is that control of our environment which aids in our security. The security we get, however, depends on the method we use in obtaining it.

If you use selfish means: theft, deceit, or plunder, then you destroy the environment of security you are trying to erect around yourself by your contribution of negativity.

"You get less fruit picking apples than planting seeds."

If you learn temperance and wisdom, nature will provide for you, and the world around you will be safer than anything you could create by brute force.

As a society and as individuals we must all learn this lesson if we are to move forward.

I recall an experiment where a chimpanzee was given a nut to hold in his fist, but to reach the nut the chimp had to reach through a hole underwater. In the animal's desire to not let go of what it desired, it was unable to pull its fist out of the hole while it held the nut, and it drowned.

We cannot afford to be so stupid.

Although it seems contrary on the surface, there is really much more humanity has to gain through the enterprise of cooperation than any benefit of warfare.

When we fight, we lose.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Nano bots is such a new thing and everything you read about them is always positive. Don't get me wrong the positive benefits are infinite and like many, this one is a good idea. This idea is probably a long stretch and an unrealistic invention atm but its good.
The reality is nanotech has the ability to cure all diseases or create new ones that are incurable and imo we are not ready for such technology.

[edit on 29-10-2007 by Techsnow]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

I don't think it's possible for foglets or nanobots in general are able to cure all diseases. I just don't see how that would happen just by the nanobots themselves. But like you said, it's possible for them to create new illnesses. Not necessarily a disease. They might cause a 'sickness' in someone for various reasons; something as simple as their body just not being a hospitable place.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dionysius9

You are right that we have the (limited) ability to control our environment to secure the continuation of our species. But we CANNOT expect nature to give us everything for us. That, in my opinion, is the stupid idea. Nature hasn't provided anything strictly for our survival; we survived because we used what was available. Apples didn't become tasty and edible for our sake, we just happened to find out they were. Same with bananas, japans rice, and so on. Nature has a will of its own, and is not in our best interest, or any other species but its own.

To survive we have to adapt, and our next step at adaptation is the Fog, then moving on to another hospitable planet in the future so we won't be doomed to die like the species that can't adapt like we can. Faith in 'nature’s bounty' is the same as any faith in a religion’s sky fairy. You can't expect everything to just be given to you. In the experiment you quote, that sounds a lot more like stupidity and greed than of somehow relying on our survival to be given to us. Unlike us, the chimp couldn't make a tool or some other method of getting the food to adapt. We can.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I actually once envision such technology (no kidding), it's just I call it mist instead of fog.

However these days, I prefer magic instead of mist.
Oh yes, it's that high tech.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This man has some Nanoman or Chris Cooper
www.coasttocoastam.com...

Longeyes

top topics

<< 1   >>

join