It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosnian American Family's Home In Florida Burned And Sprayed With Anti-Muslim Slurs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Bosnian American Family's Home In Florida Burned And Sprayed With Anti-Muslim Slurs

www.worldtopix.com

SARASOTA,USA - Islamic activists are calling on the FBI to investigate a hate crime in which a Bosnian family's home in Sarasota,Florida was burned and spray painted with anti-Muslim slurs.

"These people aren't even Arab," Bedier said. "They are European. That shows you how smart the people are who did this."

Bedier said it is the worst case of anti-Muslim discrimination he has seen, and he wants to know why it has not received more public attention.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.heraldtribune.com

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/10/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This hurts me the most, i know exactly how these people feel. Hell i remember when i first came to America from Bosnia, thought it was gonna be a new life. And now every time i meet someone that didn't now me before 9/11 and they find out that my family is Muslim ( i am not...don't believe in religion) i dunno they get a weird look you know. This is a classic example if ignorance and racism, and its funny because if this family was like mine than they are anything but Muslim...in fact i have yet to find another Bosnian that actually prays 5 times a day and goes to a mosque...hahah the only thing we are good for is drinking beer and watching soccer.

The funny thing is that we don't even look arab, i am freaking white, and Why wasn't this put on the news like CNN or FOx. GEEE i wonder why!!!

www.worldtopix.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/10/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Local story...

www.heraldtribune.com...

Looks like there hasn't been any progress on the case...

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Well, firstly, you don't have to be Arab to be Muslim. So, maybe these people aren't as "ignorant" as you all are trying to portray them as. Yeah?

Anyway, on the subject... It's really too bad that this is taking place. It is unfortunate that the many have to suffer for the actions of the few. However, that's the way it has always been and I don't see that changing any time soon.

:shk:

new topics

top topics

join