It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who say Christ was based on Horus...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
well its really simple..people keep holding to other religious figures who were born on Dec 25th, by a virgin with 3 wisemen finding them..and 12 followers...well, no where in the bible does it say Jesus was born Dec 25th, and no where in the bible does it say that there were 3 wisemen, it never gives the number of the wisemen, and it never gives the date of his birth..so there is no comparison, because the facts don't match.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

Actually, there are astonishing similiarities between Horus and Jesus. A great site to visit is

religioustolerance.org

Also, you may want to purchase the book "The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors" by Kersey Graves. (Christianity before Christ)

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

You are quite right my friend about December 25th, it is a date based on other deities' birthdays, and falls near the Winter Solstice to appease pagans, whom the christians were trying to convert. There are so many churches around here that said Happy Birthday Lord! and stupid things like that on christmas... it kind of made me sick, perpetuating a lie and all. I don't mind who celebrates, but to say its someones birthday when it clearly isnt... I mean are they trying to get free dessert at Boston Pizza?

But the Bible whether you WANT to believe it or not is an amalgamation of early Judaic beliefs and pagan beliefs, something for everyone to enjoy. It was really meant for mass appeal. You can find stories taken from the epic of Gilgamesh, plenty of Norse tales, Celtic, Egyptian, a globe's worth of stories.

And as for condemning idols, pagan use of symbols,incense and all that, Christians use all of this. I could find an image of the cross anywhere! Every Christian wears one, countless people have crucifixes in their house, they worship the image and statues of European Jesus (as you eloquently stated, couldn't have put it better myself!) and I have seen use of incense, prayer beads, all those "pagan" things used in church or at home.

But if you want to cite biblical text again, well, it condemns eating shellfish as well, so I guess most christians are heathens by that rite alone.

[edit on 18-1-2009 by Ridhya]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I worship the man who lives in the middle of the sun, you guys are going to hell...or at least Pittsburgh!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join