It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those who say Christ was based on Horus...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Where is the original egyptian text that proves all those things said of Horus are actually true? How can you say that it's all true simply based on what someone tells you?

I'm not here to defend Christianity, I simply want to see some proof that links Horus' story to that of Jesus. And I want to see proof of all of the similarities that are supposedly linked between the two.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a link for you.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm a Christian and I actually wished you hadn't brought this up. Zeitgeist has been heavily debunked here already, sure there are still some true believers out there, but I think a lot of people lost faith in it after the debunking and stopped bringing it up.

I would rather it die a quiet death from lack of attention.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This is a pretty interesting site.

I don't buy into the Zeitgeist, but there's definite similarities with some of the others. People act so outraged, not realizing that every religion from Paganism has been a building block to a new religion. Your beliefs may not be true, but you should respect it's interesting roots.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

I, too, respect the similarities between religions. I feel that the similarities tend more so to reinforce the validity of religion than to detract from it.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

no, it doesn't reinforce religion at all, it just shows how much of a product of our own psyche it is.
the similarities seem to have their roots in common needs of human psychology as opposed to reality

and zeitgeist is far from "debunked" as so much of it cannot be debunked

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
Where is the original egyptian text that proves all those things said of Horus are actually true? How can you say that it's all true simply based on what someone tells you?

I'm not here to defend Christianity, I simply want to see some proof that links Horus' story to that of Jesus. And I want to see proof of all of the similarities that are supposedly linked between the two.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a link for you.
www.youtube.com...

Agreed. I learn NOTHING about Horus from most of the posts on the subject except that those posting know nothing about him.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by roger_pearse

well, which horus? there are many

i believe that the horus zeitgeist uses is the cultic her'ur (i'm unsure if i spelled that right) or "horus the greater"
you could just look into stories on that particular horus

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I have read the story of promethus that somewhat reminds me of jesus story
images.google.com.au...://www.cs.utk.edu/~mclennan/BA/PT/M12-image.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.cs.utk.edu/~mclennan/BA/PT/M12.html &h=596&w=370&sz=115&hl=en&start=12&tbnid=30k5CO_YrpCkCM:&tbnh=135&tbnw=84&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtraitor%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26s a%3DX

good read.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I've watched the zeitgeist video. However, it only plays with similiarites and totally ignores the whole context of these religions. In order to understand, one needs to read the whole context of the whole story rather than hand pick similar words or sentences to fit one's view. I can also do that and pick two books and hand pick similar words and sentences and conclude that they have the same roots or origin where these 2 books have totally different context and topic like architecture and archeology. They only thing similar is that they are made of paper. lol.

One thing for sure is that they have poor understanding of the word "Sun" and "Son". They errorneously conclude that the "Sun of god" is the same as the "Son of God". The Sun is a spherical ball of plasma emitting enormous amounts of energy. The word "son" is a relationship issue. How hilarious this is.

Obviously, from the Bible's point of view, regarding Jesus birthdate, nothing can be found. However, on these ancient religions, December 25 can be found and was found out to be their deities birthdate, like Tammuz, Horus and the likes. No December 25 can ever be found in the Bible.

Another point, these pagan religions practices idol worshipping of graven images in which they bow down before it to burn incence and offer sacrifices. The Bible forbids it as it is an abomination to God. You can see many ancient ruins like the Pyramids and in Asia - the Ankor Wat which have huge statues of their gods. You can see these across all cultures of the world.

Another point, these pagan religions practices fortune telling, augury, magic arts, symbolism, supertitions, astrology, talking to the dead, and etc. The Bible specifically forbids this.

Another point, all these pagan religions practices reptitive prayers. They chant and repeat prayer formulas infront of an idol or a religious statue. These are guided by prayer or rosary beads in order for them to keep track how times they have repeated the prayer formulas. The Bible specifically instructs us not to be like the heathen for they think that their many repetitive words will be heard.

Another point also, these pagan religions have mystical symbols like the ankh, the cross of Shamash, the sun, chi ro, runes, swastica, aum, and the likes incorporated into their clothes, their prayer beads, their deity, their images, their icons and idols and their place of worship. In my research, these symbols are vastly used in witchcraft practices. The Bible condones this.

Another point, last one, there are no archeological evidences which supports whatsoever how Jesus Christ looks like. The common images we see is that Jesus is depicted as having long hair and having a nothern European facial attributes. First, Jesus was a Jew and it is forbidden for a Jew to have long hair. Second, Jesus came from the middle east and he should have middle eastern features rather than nothern European features. Third, it is very much forbidden in the Bible to depict God in the arts or stutues/idols made like in the form of a mortal man. Who's image is that, by the way?

So, the authors of Zeitgest and their likes fails to understand the context. They concentrate more and play the game of twister on similar words and sentences, like "sun of god" and "Son of God" rather than the acual context for context comparison and the actual practice of these pagan religions. It will be a vastly different thing if you compare the practices of true Christiany versus the practices of these pagan religions. You'll see who is the odd man out.

These authors likes to play with words, twist it, distort the actual intended meanings rather than study the actual physical evidences and practices of these heathen pagan religions.

Remember, evidences cannot be altered but words can. Be careful of just reading words that claims this or that if it cannot substantiate the evidences.

[edit on 25-10-2007 by amitheone]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

www.zeitgeistmovie.com...

Check their sources...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

Amitheone,

Wow, you are trying really really really hard to reject the truth about your religion, but it's pretty plain to see that religion is man made and is based on stories told over and over like a giant game of "telephone."

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Wow, you are trying really really really hard to reject the truth about your religion, but it's pretty plain to see that religion is man made and is based on stories told over and over like a giant game of "telephone."

That would appear to be *your* religion, tho, not anyone else's. Why else are you parrotting someone else's stale sloganising, in defence of a religious position -- conformity to societal values -- which few even want to state, never mind think about.

Think for yourself.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

[edit on 12/11/2007 by roger_pearse]

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
CHRISTIANITY IS FAKE. like that guy said at the top just because someone says something to you doesnt mean u have to beleive it. well why should anyone believe christianity. There is way more evidence disproving it then proving it. All christianity has is a book that could have been written by anyone and then when people try to get the truth out people get all defensive trying to prove their point with no legit evidence. The government has done a very good job brainwashing almost everyone. Guess what christianity is about power, control and money.

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I dont think that its so much that Christ was "based" on Horus but that the Gospel writers were well aware of the stories and traditions of Horus that had been passed down through generations.

It helped them lets say put a better "twist" on their newly invented "Super Hero" Christ.

[edit on 31-7-2008 by luxor311]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

Well there is proof but it is not "written" as "text" as you put it. However it is "drawn" on the walls inside The Great Pyramids of Giza. I think thats how you spell it.

The "proof" is drawn as Eygptian "Hieroglyphs", depicting the story of Horus, Virgin Birth and all the rest of it. Christianity has and always will be the biggest con ever perpetrated.

Go there and talk to the tour guides, they will explain it in English and you will then see the remarkable coincidences yourself.

Horus is represented there as a "Falcons Head" with an "All Seeing Eye"
not disimilar to the same all seeing eye also found on the U.S one dollar bill, which strangely enough is also drawn above a pyramid.

Coincidence........I think not !

The Ten Commandments for example are lifted straight from
"The Eygptian Book Of The Dead", with a slight rewording, for the dodgy Christian faith.

John

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The Christ: "Jesus" was really more human then most were willing to accept so much so that the early followers spun mythology into the life and times of the Christ. This was an error in judgement and it created the IDOL JESUS. The Jesus that most people worship today is a false golden idol. However, this doen't take away from the reality of the coming of the son of man/god.

Ioshaua (Roman named Jesus) was the coming of the christ.

JESUS is the idol made up out of the man that leads many "followers" down an empty road of spiritual misunderstanding.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This Site references the Temple of Luxor, in Luxor, Egypt, from the time of King Amenhotep III (1538-1501 B.C. as the original source of four of the elements of the Egyptian Horus story: The Annuncation (announcement), Immaculate Conception, Birth of Child-God, and the Adoration.

And HERE is another one that cites the original source as the “Book of Vivifying the Soul Forever” over 3,000 years before the birth of Christ and shows the 40 similarities between the life of HORUS the Egyptian Messiah and JESUS the Biblical Messiah.

Here is Another Site which lists The Egyptian Book of the Dead as the source and states that it was written 3000 years before Christ. The second link is a partial translation of the EBOD, including some hieroglyphics and some written text translating the EBOD.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Heike]

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

The first and third link you refer to has an answer here. The second you probably didn't read through, for is actually a rebut -- just scroll down the page a little. The last one is interesting, but also fail to prove anything.

Really, there is nothing new under the son... I mean, sun.

In short, all depends on what sources we choose to rely in order to support our beliefs. And of course, we tend to think that those sources are reliable. Otherwise, why bother?

vanort

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The year is 2009. Isn't it about time that we grow mentally into the new millenium. There is undeniable evidence that the testaments have purpose beyond truth. God is truth, justice, and love, not jealousy and vengeance. The European Image is unnacceptable since Europe was the last civilization to develop, and plagiarized what was referred to as simply mysteries in older civilizations. The god of Moses, and Constantine are about Politics, economics, and control, not love, truth, or justice. The God that has been talked about since my birth as an African American male born 1941 in the U.S. of A. has inspired every kind of evil. I prefer a god that inspires quality thought, and good tidings. Bilderberg, you must be kidding me!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join