It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You an Unknown ATS Superstar? -- Post Here and Introduce Yourself.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
As we all know, there are a few members around ATS who have achieved an almost "star" status through their great posts and excellent insights on a variety of topics.

However, there are also a lot of you guys out there who are equally as articulate and have your fair share of GREAT threads that have received little or no views because you are either new or the threads just happened to slip through the cracks.

So, what say you?

Are you an Unknown Superstar of ATS who is itching to have your words heard and your input acknowledged?

Do you have a thread you feel is extraordinary and important that seemed to have slipped through the cracks?

If so, please feel free to introduce yourself here and direct us to your great, if not wildly popular, threads.

There are plenty of us here who try our best to give every intelligent thread we run across a read and, unfortunately, some manage to go the way of the dodo because of the sheer volume of "must read" material on the site.

I look forward to hearing from a few of you guys and getting the chance to read any great threads that I may have missed along the way.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Hmm great idea!! Thats awesome! it should most definetly lead to a boatload of new information for us to learn and spread!

I'll give it a shot

This thread aint nothing spectacular but i think i would want it to be shared.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And for the demonoid link for further information (not for illicit activites!! i dont condone it!!)

www.demonoid.com...

Thanks (flagged and starred for brilliance)

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jarheadjock

Do you happen to know of another place that torrent can be found, demonoid is being blocked in canada right now.

Edit to add-

We received a letter from a lawyer represeting the CRIA, they were threatening with legal action and We need to start blocking Canadian traffic because of this. If you reside in Canada, that is the reason you are being redirected to this message. Thanks for your understanding, and sorry for any inconvenience.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by pshkwamy]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pshkwamy

Oh yea sure imma PM you one right now.

Damn, unlucky break for you canadians. sorry bout that man

EDIT: And what say you about your threads, SimiusDei? Or are you already *ahem* a suparstar? lol , i havnt read too many of your posts or threads but i am sure you have certainly given contribution to ATS.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by jarheadjock]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jarheadjock

Hahaha, I am the original "UnKnOwN SuPeRsTaR"

I have some good threads and some REALLY crappy (40+ hours with no sleep) ones....hahaha.

Feel free to click my name and peruse at your leisure.

I am on my way to check yours out now.

Thanks for the flag and the contribution.

Jasn

EDIT TO ADD: Upon contemplation, perhaps "Superstar In My Own Mind" would have been a more fitting title hahaha.

I hope this thread gets plenty of activity as I hope to meet a few new people and hope to be exposed to those diamonds in the rough that I missed.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
Upon contemplation, perhaps "Superstar In My Own Mind" would have been a more fitting title hahaha.

asking people if they are a superstar would really imply "in their own mind." If y'all knew of their superstar stature, they wouldn't need to alert the masses to their being superstars.

Crakstar

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I thought the same thing. I think his heart is in the right place. Mabey you should accept nominations for ATS superstars or super threads that have gone un-noticed...that seems much less...um egotistical!

Great thread idea!

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Nothing like...

Proclaiming your own "status."

I do take exception to any allusion to threads slipping through cracks... I believe I been rather diligent in "steering" you contributions to the appropriate venue...

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

In case you didn't notice monkey man, I wasn't talking about my threads. I believe most of mine that DO deserve feedback get it. As I said, a good number of my threads suck for one reason or another and they fall into obscurity as they should.

I was looking for other members that I (and others) may actually find to be EXCELLENT writers and contributors who had threads that did happen to slip through the cracks.

I posted this thread after digging through a few pages of several forums and finding some wonderful threads that never garnered any replies either because they didn't have the best of titles or because another thread or two happened to be blowing up at the time they were posted..

You have indeed done a great job of sending my threads to ATS hell when they needed to be there. So, no reason to take exception. With the exception of a couple that I personally felt were sent there when they didn't need to be, I have always respected your decisions. I have even went out of my way to try to develop of working friendship with you via u2u based on stubbornness and an like smart arsishness on both our parts.

The "Unknown Superstar" title wasn't, in any way, meant in a conceited fashion. I would think that, after this time, you guys would recognize that it's just "my way" (if you will). Also, please notice that I wasn't trying to promote myself. The only reason I mentioned myself at all was because I was asked.

My goal for this thread was exactly as stated in my OP.

I still welcome any of you guys who had a post or posts that you feel didn't get the attention they deserved to post them here.

Thanks for reading and contributing,
Jasn

EDIT TO ADD: The "superstar in my own mind" comment was directed at my personal title that I purchased in the ATS store, not at the thread title. I still stand by that one. There are a TON of ATS contributors and posts that sometimes "fall between the cracks" as the result of "timing" and such that would normally have been front page material.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by SimiusDei]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nL1ghtened

Possibly. However, that would receive even more undeserved judgement based on opinion.

A thread of that nature would quickly degenerate into a "that thread is CRAP why would anyone post that?" situation and then into more unnecessary nastiness.

I personally see nothing at all wrong with an author being proud of their own work. As a matter of fact, it COULD be argued that you shouldn't post ANYTHING you aren't proud of.

Jasn

NOTE: I am well aware that my personal humor is "Gong Showish" at best. However, there is nothing that I can be labeled if not persistent. My PERSONAL TITLE (under my username) was an attempt at that humor and in no way conceit. Instead of looking at it from a "god this guy is full of himself" point of view, try looking at it for the oxymoronic humor it was meant to be.

Unknown Superstar, a contradiction of terms.....

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Yea, that's why I said it.

Jasn

new topics

top topics

join