It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All these outbreaks of virus's in UK farms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I was watching the bbc news tonight, and now they talking about culling badgers to stop the spread of TB, and I thought bloody hell I would hate to be a farmer these days, what with CJD, now TB and the recent blue tong virus, and the terrible effect its having on these farmers.

Then a different news item came up that the population of UK is going to be 70 million in 40-50 years or something. Then I thought hang on, wouldnt it be something if these virus's are being released into the farms so that farmers and their eventual sons say sod it and sell up, giving up their land for houses to accomodate these people, and we can then have a nice european contract with a eastern european country for beef, lamb etc which would not mean we need anything grown here.

So basically, the land is being forced off the farmers, for indusrty and housing and the money being spent in the economy on sale of the land and the gov win always.

Food for though isnt it!

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by multichild

Yes, it is a possibility.
Now I'm not saying that I think it will happen, it most probably won't but I think it's more likely that one of these viruses will cross over to humans and act as a population cull.

Wouldn't be 70 million around then would there?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The question was posed (if it doesnt move over to humans and kills us all that is), that with 70 million now in the Uk where were they all going to live, and thats what made the story more prevelant.

But Ive read on these forums that the news sometimes puts stories like these together so that we in a funny way relate the two and in our minds say somehting liek this, "Well with all those animals dying, there no need for the land so just build on there, there plenty of it about", so sub contiously we are almost being lead to answer the problem ourselves, and when it does happen we almost think we are clever for thinking it years ago.

Clever humans arent we

new topics

join