It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Seen to Need 3-8 yrs to Produce Bomb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Iran Seen to Need 3-8 yrs to Produce Bomb

www.reuters.com

Iran would need another three to eight years to make a nuclear bomb, the head of the U.N. nuclear watchdog said in an interview published on Monday, warning against any rush to use force to curb its nuclear ambitions.

Mohamed ElBaradei, head of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), told France's Le Monde newspaper there was plenty of time for diplomacy, sanctions, dialogue and incentives to bear fruit.

Vice President Dick Cheney said on Sunday the world would not stand by and let
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Again, just like the inspectors told Bush & Co. about Saddams WMD. Not a Threat. At least not right now.

But, will this stop them from threatening Iran with military action? Probably NOT!

3 to 8 years is plenty of time to find out what Iran's nuclear intentions are, plenty of time still for diplomacy, but I forgot ...., they don't know how to be diplomatic, they just like to be the bully on the block.

Then there's the missle defense system. If the US set it up aroud Iran (if they do get nuclear weapons), wouldn't this deter Iran from firing nuclear weapons, knowing that their nuclear missiles would only get blown out of the sky?

Now is certainly NOT the time to start a war over this!

There's still plenty of time and other options.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22/10/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Doesn't this look like the same crap that was being shelled out before we invaded Iraq? It's starting all over again...

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm no more in favor of attacking Iran, than I was for attacking Iraq, so no flames, please...

3 to 8 years may seem like a lot of time, but it's really not that much time. Iran having the bomb, or the capacity to have the bomb, is a danger that the rest of the world simply doesn't need. Everything possible should be done to prevent that, that may unfortunately, also include military action as a last resort. If the rest of the world could be sure that the results of the atomic program were going to be used solely for peaceful purposes than I've no real issue with it, so long as other's of less peaceful intent shall we say, don't get their hands on radiological material.

I doubt anything much is going to happen before the next Presidential election cycle is complete in January of '09. After all, there are some GOP and Democratic candidates who are in the Senate and House that don't want that on the resume, pro or con.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Sounds like the same load of bs they said about North Korea being 10 years away from the bomb, then all of a sudden boom and in comes the aid money to Jongo Bongo.

I'd say they will do it in a less than a year and they will be smart enough to make sure they have plenty ready before they test one. Nuke genie is out of the bottle and he's not going back in.

Hello Musharaff? This is Mahmoud, I need to order 20 more nuke warhead casings pronto c/o baby milk for poor orphans.

Iran has produced 100 kilograms of enriched uranium in June of 2007

new topics

top topics

join