It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

..and the Republican Candidate is!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Who is it going to be?

Giuliani looks to be the most in control of his campaign right now, but i wonder about how he'll be accepted on social issues, a platform that has been used in recent elections to get Republicans elected (i.e. Abortion, Gay Marriage, Terry Shiavo). It may be difficult for him to carry southern states, especially if the conservative christians really do decide to vote for a third party candidate. This means they won't vote Giuliani in the primaries, and that's a big chunk of voters.

Mitt Romney definitely seems the most presidential to me. He speaks with authority, confidence, and looks the part. I do think his religion is going to hurt him in the primaries for the same reasons Giuliani's stance on abortion will hurt him with christian conservatives.

Fred Thompson should drop out now. He was most popular before he declared his candidacy, and that popularity has been waning ever since. He is out of practice and doesn't seem to take it seriously enough. His constant mouth twitching is about as fun to look at as Nader's lazy eye, and that twitch will come into play later!

John McCain doesn't have much money, but i think he has experienced a bit of a resurgence with last nights debate on Fox News. He definitely seemed the most patriotic and while he did shoot back at his opponents, it didn't give the impression of juvenile like the others.

Tom Tancredo and Duncan Hunter are not going to combine to get 5% of the vote. They haven't made an impression yet, and they're not going to. There aren't enough opportunities to speak for a lower tier candidate, and they won't be able to make up the vast amounts of ground.

Mike Huckabee seems simple. I don't care for him, but i think a lot of christian conservatives may launch him into the nomination. I think his stance on religion is ridiculous and will not help this country transition to the 21st century.

Ron Paul. He shows the most courage of any candidate in either party, and he's fighting a major battle against mainstream media for exposure. Passing his support off as "Internet Support" is stupid. As the internet grows, so then do the users. He could have millions of internet supporters. I also have a hard time believing these polls where he's got such a tiny percentage of the vote because i dont know ANYONE who has EVER been polled for something like this. I find that strange and i don't know why i've been trusting it all these years. I think his questions were aimed at exposing his stance on broader foreign policy, and that goal was achieved. He wasn't accepted well at some points in the debate by the audience, but you have to speculate when it comes to his performance in a debate hosted by Fox News, because you know they're not going to focus on him any more than they have to.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Fred Thompson.

He's an actor
He's going senile
He's dumb as a sack of moose crap
He has absolutely no ability to run anything
He's non-threatening to the "kill the fags, shackle the women" branch of the republican party
He will spend more time sleeping than performing the duties of the office
He has a wife young enough to be his granddaughter

Incompetence, Lack of intelligence, and borderline pedophilia. How can he not win the Republican primary?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Fred Thompson has bombed. Where is Newt Gingrich??? That was the plan...Let's see how Fred does, and if he becomes a dud, then enter Gingrich! There is still time!

Here are my current ratings

Romney is starting to stand out, would be great going head to head vs Mrs. Bill Clinton.

Guliani has some left leaning social problems. But if he goes with a strong conservative as VP he might have a chance.

McCain would compromise too much with Democrats.

Tancredo, Hunter, and Huckabee are all VP material.

Ron Paul is a spammers dream. The fantasy continues....This is the same guy that ran in 1988 and got 1% of the vote. His anti-war stance is the only thing getting him any recognition. If he runs as an Independent again...he takes votes away from Mrs. Bill Clinton, not the Republican candidate. Combine this and another Independent run from Ralph Nadar and they both take away from Mrs. Bill Clinton.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by RRconservative]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
There is an existing discussion on this subject here .
Cheers xpert11.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I think it’s going to be Judy Ruleiani. He’s a sure fire looser in national elections, and that’s just what’s needed to get the anointed Hitlery into power.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
It's between Huckabee and Romney for me as of yet. Either way, as another poster stated, I'm all for anyone who can take some more votes from Hillary.

As far as I'm concerned, even the lowliest Republican candidate is a vastly better option than any of the top Democratic candidates.

The "Stop Hillary Express" keeps on moving….

new topics

top topics

join