It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Moday!! Stocks Plunge in wake of terrible economic data!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Right now, it's Sunday night... so this has not happened yet. Tomorrow, however, i think is going to be very, very bad! Now, it doesn't take a psychic to figure out we've been going through some serious economic turmoil over the past few months. I feel obliged to warn you all, however, that the hairs are standing on the back of my neck!

Now, I'm not one to bring kooky psychic predictions into posts, i think this is the first time i've ever done it. Even i am skeptical when somebody tells me of their psychic predictions.

I really hope that i am wrong.

Odds are pretty good that there will be a bad day on wall street tomorrow. But I think it could be historic! There's a lot of bad news out there; dollar at record lows versus euro, oil at record highs, tensions in the middle east, poor earnings reports, sub-prime mortgage mess, credit crunch, etc.

We could be looking at the proverbial straw tomorrow.

There are automatic 'circuit-breakers' in place that will shut down the market if the volume is too high and the prices are too low. This was a measure implemented almost 20 years ago today, after the last black monday, to prevent chain-reaction market crashes. If these kick in, its a bad sign! And if things look bad enough after they close the markets they might not re-open them! That will make all stock essentially worthless!

There's nothing in place to stop the dollar from crashing! There's also nothing to stop oil prices from skyrocketing!

Stay tuned...

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think it is possible. Maybe not tomorrow, but in the coming days or weeks.

[edit on 10/21/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I should probably give you guys a little background on me, and why i believe in something so crazy as believing that I am a psychic. I don't think there is anything special about me, i think anybody could do this if they really began to examine it.

First off, despite my custom title over there on the left; NO, i was never involved in the government's remote viewing program. That title is just a joke.

I am just an average guy. You would never think anything unusual if you met me. I work in an office and unfortunately i must keep a number of my beliefs secret. If anybody that i worked with ever saw this stuff i post on ATS they'd have me committed.

From a very young age i have had unusual experiences. I can remember trying to discuss it with people when i was a kid and they made the weirdest faces at me. I learned never to discuss it with anyone.

My skillz are fairly mediocre. It's nothing like you see in the movies. Sometimes, out of nowhere, i begin to think of a subject right before somebody says something to me about it. Other times i think about somebody right before they call me. Other times i think i hear a phone ringing, and people look at me weird... then a second later it rings. I'm sure we've all had similar experiences?

Over the years my experiences made me very curious. I did some research but the general consensus was that it was all nonsense. And for a while, i convinced myself that all of my experiences had just been some weird coincidence. I just dismissed it all as kookery. There are definitely a lot of crooks out there taking advantage of gullible people.

I didnt really start to examine this stuff seriously until the mid 90's when i began to hear about the governments own research. I read some of the former spies books, and i also read Dr. Dean Radin's The Conscious Universe which is really an excellent book full of all sorts of scientific data. Dean Radin has a Ph.D. in psychology from Princeton, so he's not just some crackpot. I highly recommend his book.

Since the 90's i've done some experimentation into RVing and i've had some success. When you really get a hit, it's mindblowing.

Since then i've continued to experiment. There's a misperception that psychics know everything, and therefor if you don't know everything you're not a psychic. Well, this is a horrible generalization. Being psychic means that sometimes you know things that you have no explainable way of knowing.

The problem i have is that when im seeking an answer, i always get an answer. But answers generated by your imagination feel exactly the same as answers that come from the ether. I really have no good way to distinguish. Even when i do get good information there's usually some part of it that is inaccurate.

I've also run into some problems with trying to keep this secret. Like i said above about hearing a phone or doorbell ringing before it rings... People begin to ask questions when those things happen.

[edit on 10/21/2007 by sp00n1]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Is this a psychic prediction or is this based off the breaking news on CNN that says Asian markets are taking a hit? It's monday in Asia and things aren't going so well in the markets:

edition.cnn.com...

Obviously this wont bode well for wall street, but you really feel this is going to be the major collapse we've all been waiting for?

I disagree. My psychic intuition is telling me this isn't going to happen for another couple of months...

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vipassana

Asian markets usually follow the US markets, and not the other way around. And like i said, there's a lot of info out there saying things are pretty bad and you dont have to be psychic to find it.

I really think tomorrow will be bad.

[edit on 10/21/2007 by sp00n1]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

True, and this is a reaction to Wall Streets issues last Friday. Sometimes it can work both ways though. It certainly doesnt help wall st.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Make this prediction a month ago and it would had been a great psychic prediction, but making it after a Friday with over 350 drop is nothing at all. I would not worry about it for the chances are good there will be another good drop this next week or even Monday.

Does this make me a psychic too?

Here is my prediction... Monday will have a steep down swing, but the market will finish plus 100 or more by the afternoon...

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Somehow I feel as though we're through the worst. Furthermore, the fact that the rest of the world is suffering worse than America is comforting to me as an American. It's not that I don't care about the rest of the world, it's just good to know that this isn't just an *American* problem.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I predict my dog will wake me in the middle of the night again demanding potato pancakes. And dangit the candle I lit didn't help the Indians win tonight! I am so stoked! Stupid Boston, putting 'r's' where they don't belong. I never listening to 'Cah Talk' again on NPR. Stupid, stupid Boston. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

[edit on 21-10-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I'm not talking about a couple of hundred points here... I think we are on the verge of an economic disaster of historic proportions. This is something we'll all be talking about.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   
LOL, Collapse? no, a major correction is however in store for the U.S markets. Everybody has been reporting lack luster 3q reports, and investors still had been quite bullish. Time for the reign of the bears.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Spoon, I've seen this coming for the last two months. Anytime the market is vastly overinflated in the 15.000's like it has they are pumping and soon to be dumping. It's long overdue.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDudeAbides

Indeed, in fact many economists would argue that a true depression in the United States is now in fact impossible due to reforms after the last one.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Seriously, guys, this is the sammmmeeee olllldddd gloom and doom predictions about the U.S. economy that don't pan out that you see practically everyday in this forum. It's almost as if we need to create a "chicken little" subforum.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I checked some of the after hours trading on a few stocks and most were up a little bit. I think if true economic doom was coming tomorrow, that it would already be reflected in the after hour report. I don't doubt that stocks could go down more tomorrow, but I doubt the bottom will fall out.

Well see what happens, but usually after a big drop like we had on Friday, we will get a bit of a rebound the following day. Here's hoping...

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00n1
I'm not talking about a couple of hundred points here... I think we are on the verge of an economic disaster of historic proportions. This is something we'll all be talking about.

Lets flip a coin and see... Its been what a year (s) of total gloom for the DOW and then it hits 14,000 and boy it going to fall anyday now. I'm sure if we keep it up one luck person will pick it right...hehe

[edit on 21-10-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It is now 13:00 hrs GMT. The FTSE of london is down 1.71% so far today.
All the major European markets are also down, the CAC 40 is down 1.85%, the DAX down by 1.39% and so on. Figures taken form Reuters at 13:00 hrs GMT.

All the financial sections on the major UK news web sites are running doom and gloom stories about the US economy, this is in turn driving investors to sell.

Some articles below which illustrate the doom and gloom.

uk.reuters.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

I hope this illustrates that it is not just the US economy that will suffer in the credit crunch.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Furthermore, the fact that the rest of the world is suffering worse than America is comforting to me as an American.

LoL

With enough panic there is always a chance for a collapse. I liquidated my portfolio in september so I'd have a good laugh if Wall st. took a dive. It's going to happen sooner or later, possibly triggered by the central banks to institute the Amero...

[edit on 22-10-2007 by freakyty]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Asian markets got completely hammered today...Early European bourses are well down...

According to Yahoo Finance, futures point to a much lower opening on all indices...

Is this the beginning of a meltdown ? No, I don't believe it is...Firstly, the fundamentals underpinning most markets around the globe are far from those of 1987 as far as P/E ratios and corporate profits go...

Secondly, these "corrections" we've had the last few months haven't seen the kind of "I give up there is no hope" selling we say in 87...

They have been measured...Just as the last few trading days have been, sure we've seen big sell downs, but no free fall..

Given the state of global stock markets, losing 15-20 off the top of the market is healthy and no big deal IMO...

I still think markets world wide will achieve nice 10%+ gains by years end, overall...

Peace

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
i have the HSI HangSeng Index on my watch list,
at 7:50 AM EST, it was down 3.7% or 1,091.42

it looks like a good ~2% whooping is gonna happen to the world today

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join