It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Fox News Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Is anyone else watching the Republican debate on Fox news?

Fox continues to deny the success of Ron Paul. Before the debate started the hosts mentioned how Mcain, Romney, Guiliani, Thomson, and Huckabee were the top 5 candidates. They completely neglected the fact that Paul has pulled in more dough than McCain in the last quarter. They speak about polls as if Ron Paul doesn't exist, despite the fact that he has won many straw polls with a clear margin.

Fox also continues to deny lower tier candidates time to get their message across. The majority of camera time is given to the Candidates that the media deems the most important. Fair and balanced?? Fox news is so blatantly unfair and unbalanced that I don't understand how anyone who works for that organization can feel good about themselves. The top candidates as well as the media are clearly engaged in a conspiracy against not only Ron Paul, but any candidate who would threaten major corporate interests.

Personally I support Paul because he is the only candidate who has the audiacity to admit how screwed up our government is. Hopefully he wins the post debate text poll like he did last time. If you like him text R5 Ron Paul to FNCTV.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I am watching it and it appears to be more of a "pep rally" rather than a serious debate.

Might as well have the American Idol judges moderate this fiasco.

As for Paul, his ideas may be fine but He does not impress me or give me the impression that he is a leader.

Having said that, it is appalling that the crowd would be allowed to moan and groan when Rep Paul is trying to make his point.

It is equally appalling that the crowd is allowed to cheer others.

This is supposed to be a debate.

McCain impressed me again, Thompson no, Giuliani dem bashing no, Huckabee ok, Paul ideas like bad medicine, something you don't like but know you have to take it to get better. Romney still unimpressive, puppet comes to mind. The rest were forgettable. IMO

ed:sp

[edit on 2007/10/21 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I definitely agree that this was way more of a pep rally than a debate. The format was absurd. Specific questions were aimed at specific people so as to create positive impressions for some candidates, and negative impressions for other candidates. The audience was clearly biased.

Debates are supposed to be argumentative. Participators are supposed to make their positions clear, and then have a chance to argue over them.

Instead Fox chose to give the most face time to their favorite candidates, and there were was no element of an argumentative structure. And this is really unfortunate because mass media has the ability to sway public opinion.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I'm watching the summary right now on Fox News but I didn't get to see the debate itself. I'm waiting on the polls to come out to see who won. I wonder what will happen.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Ron Paul wins by 34%! Hanity is po!! lmao

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vipassana

The whole arena of US politics is a joke right now, and you are right

Some people will think "Hey this was cool and that candidate was funny, I like him."

This format reminded me more of the party conventions where this kind of celebratory atmosphere exists than a serious debate of candidates for the highest office in the land.

I pray some nights that all of the US citizens turned off by the antics of our politicians actually show up on election day and vote to get rid of all incumbents, most importantly those in Congress.

What a nice change it would be to have a completely new and uncorrupted representative government.

Being realistic, this change has to start in every state and local government before a serious change could occur nationally.

The citizens don't care,

They will care when it's too late I am afraid.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Paul did it again. They just flashed some of the results and paul was at 37%, well ahead of the rest of the candidates.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Quick if you dont have cable! Quick text to FNCTV or 36288 and vote R5 for Ron Paul. R5 is Ron Paul. Text message to 36288 and text in R5 and send it now!

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
That's funny,

Where's Jerry Lewis?

I didn't realize this was a Paulathon

Carry on

You text messaging warriors

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
You can only send one text.

Hannity and Colmes just gave a hardcore interview to Mr. Paul, with some tougher questions then they gave any of the candidates. He rocked it though. Hannity, who has been asking us to vote all night, just questioned the legitimacy of his own network's poll because of Paul's win.

they asked some very dodgy questions in an attempt isolate him or trap him but it didn't work. You can't really argue against constitutionalist ideology without upsetting the nation. Nice try Hannity.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
Quick if you dont have cable! Quick text to FNCTV or 36288 and vote R5 for Ron Paul. R5 is Ron Paul. Text message to 36288 and text in R5 and send it now!

It's funny. Techsnow, you're playing straight into the hands of the neo-con ridden Fox News with comments like this. If you're not watching the debate, you shouldn't be voting in the debate. Legitimate Ron Paul supporters are honest people with sincere opinions on important issues, and this kind of comment helps the Hannity's and Limbaugh's to discount any significant Ron Paul support.

You're killing the revolution, man. Even though you can only vote once, you have to know the GOP would spin something like this in a way that hurts the campaign rather than helps it. It's not a game, it's the future of our nation at stake here. And you're treating it like some kind of game by not realizing the fact that our opposition is at a much better advantage than we are.

We have to play completely and 100% by the rules if we want to change voters minds.

On a more general note, here are my thoughts on the debate:

Mitt Romney looked like he was sick or something. Less tan, shorter hair, he seemed a bit distracted and i dont think he got his point across very well.

Giuliani disgusts me more every day. I was planning on voting for him because i know how much manhattan changed after he became mayor. But his arrogance is embarassing, and he doesn't seem to have an answer for Education which is a huge mess.

McCain, though i hate to admit it, won the contest. He seemed more honest and calm about his stances. He even made a couple of jokes that were funny, which is a big step for him.

Huckabee just looks like a door-to-door salesman to me. His suit looks too big and his delivery is so simple that i either don't believe him, or don't think he'll be able to do the job. I HATE his opinions on evolution vs creationism.

Tancredo did better than normal, but he is still jumbled when he talks and shouldn't squander what few opportunities he has to speak.

Duncan Hunter, i barely remember him talking. Sorry Ducan.

Fred Thompson does not have what it takes to win a general election. He is out of practice and doesn't seem to be taking his candidacy seriously.

Ron Paul was pretty much only asked about things relating to foreign policy, because Fox News knows that's the issue he's most vulnerable on. I was surprised to hear the boo's, because we're used to hearing cheers when Ron speaks. I thought he handled the criticism pretty well, but overall i think he was portrayed (and accepted) in a negative way.

top topics

join