It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Police Executes Man On Video No Charges

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Links to Various Articles:

Killed On Camera

Kid Killed by Cop Car

Police kills blues player

Unfair Detention by Chicago PD

Officer beats man at hospital

This is disturbing, many stories out of Chicago about police corruption. The guy should be charged with at least manslaughter if not murder.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I am really shocked at the claims made in this video. From watching the video, none of the "suspects" did anything wrong or did anything to deserve being shot in the head. I didn't see anyone going after the gun, I didn't see the officer "surrounded by 4 or 5 suspects" the shooting itself is completely unjustifiable. I need to do a bit of research to look into the claims made in this video, if the situation is as it is being reported in this video, that is completely unacceptable and downright scary.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This is an excellent example of Police misuse of power not to mention the corruption of the force following the senseless killing.

I found some news articles to help back up the video:

Officer Suspended After Fatal Shooting

OPS recommendation not followed in 2003 fatal shooting

Mother talks about son's fatal shooting by police officer

30 day suspension? Then a PROMOTION?

This guy is a criminal and should be sharing the showers with other murderers.

Thanks for bringing this to light jhill76.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Pathetic, unbelievable, he shoots the guy like its nothing.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Sickening.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Thanks for the links!

I am just surprised this has not reached national news.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The poor killer pig will no doubt claim disability from the trauma of having been forced to do what he did..and get a nice fat check every month for doing nothing. At least that way he would be off the streets and not likley to do it again.

It makes me want to do some very uncivil things when I read about this: Only force will end up making a difference to cops like that. until someone gets street justice, nothing will be done. our lives mean NOTHING to the cops; we are just civilians to them, victims, people to be ordered around and searched at will. It has gone too far. One can only hope that someone will decide to even the score in some effective way.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I was so shocked by the video that at first I was sceptical so I decided to dig for some info and was kind of surprised by what I found.

In years past, this type of thing was usually some town's dirty little secret

Now with the internet, folks like you, and the person who provided the video, along with ATS...

It will be increasingly difficult for this kind of police corruption to continue unchallenged.

That is a good thing,

Still I wonder how any of those involved with the coverup of this obvious murder have not been ceremoniouly removed from their various assignments in the local government.

They are supposed to stand for law and order and the public safety of the local populous are they not?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
where was the kill shot??

I saw nothing wrong?

You all are so fast to blame the ones who protect us!!!!

Ya lets keep blaming the police, instead of the criminals!

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

The man even tells you when he gets shot on the video, are you blind and death? lol no offense, but I don't see how you don't see it.
abclocal.go.com...
Heres a article about it, that has ALREADY been posted.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well, of course there are good cops and bad cops out there. Not all of them are bad, but then again there are alot of bad ones out there as well. In most cases you can't defend yourself against a gun, in other words you can't usually take a gun away from someone and would be foolish to try it in most cases unless you are maybe 1.5 - 2 feet from the person wielding the weapon.

However being a martial arts guy and a strong proponent of styles that teach you how to disarm people and take away weapons ( even guns ), this is why I highly advocate for everyone that can to learn a type of martial arts that would allow you to not only defend yourself against certain styles ( cops are often taught mainly hapkido or combat hapkido or some form of karate or brazilian jiujutsu .) There are certain styles out there that do teach how to disarm weapons and even focus on pressure point paralysis/ knock outs and such. Those martial arts styles are predominantly Chinese although Kenpo is known to have some of those things ( kenpo is Japanese )

So what I'm getting at is maybe you can't always disarm someone or take away their gun ... but America needs to fight back, and if using martial arts to disarm a rogue cop is a crime ( that would make self defense is a crime when you aren't in the wrong )

I highly advocate anyone interested to do research into styles that teach you how to take away weapons. Oh, and I wouldn't bother with trying to merely detain them because eventually you have to let them go and no amount of psychological talk is going to un-brainwash a cop.

Once you let them go ( if you did get them in a joint lock ) they'd call for backup or something.

You need a style that focuses on knocking them out so you can run and run far ....

I'm not advocating beating up cops, but I am advocating self defense and protecting yourself against someone who is abusing the system and abusing power.

If you do something like this, be prepared to be the subject of a manhunt or some type of exaggerated story or bias by the cops, the media, and the city it occurred in.

But on the bright side at least you'd live to see another day.

I think that some cops will continue to abuse their power and hide behind their badge until civilian citizens start making examples of bullies.

There are tons of ways to do that without killing anyone and without getting yourself killed.

So be creative... as citizens of our country we need to stand up for ourselves and the judicial system will side with a cop way way way before they will side with you.

You are kind of screwed if you do and screwed if you don't.

Either way though look at it as something that could possibly save your life.

Another thing is that one day guns will be taken away from us and so will all other forms of weapons ( contraband .) When that day comes, I want to be my own weapon. That's something that can't be taken away.

The brain is the greatest weapon of all.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Sickening.

Can we once, just once, have one page, without this quote when we discuss the overuse of power, please

As for this story, it's disgusting, the sad part is either this story gets coverage, then gets over covered for 2 days, with Nancy Grace and Glenn Beck making a mockery of it, or as is usually the case, it will fade from memory

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Another thing worth noting is that Bush long long before ever becoming president was being interviewed by a reporter and was asked "Bush, how do you intend on improving the country ?" One of his answers was "I intend on putting a cop on every corner on every street"

Bush was a big part of the reason that things are now in the police state status and even though he seems like a total moron ... he knows what he's doing and it goes right along with his agenda and the agenda of certain other bildebergers.

If we were smart as a country we'd be printing up petitions to impeach Bush for treason by dodging the draft during Vietnam and lying to us as a country, and we'd also wanting to have him committed for crimes against humanity for leading us off into fictitious wars where there were "so called" WMD's ( for all we know that could have been planted by people within our own govt. )

All the people that have died so far in Afghanistan and Iraq... well I dunno about anyone else but I'd say that's more than the number that died during 9-11.

So that's the answer... we loves 1000's during 9-11 and then he leads us into a fictitious war and we lose several more thousand overseas because Bush wants to play cowboy.

We should make up petitions on the net as well as physical petitions on paper so that we can ask as many people as possible in this messed up country whether they think Bush should be impeached or not. Personally I think he should be impeached before the end of his term so he loses all benefits he has and would no longer pose any type of threat to humanity.

I know Bush isn't the only one like that but America needs to set an example. The best way to do so is to lead by example and have that guy impeached!

The method for exposing lies is the same as the method for getting rid of cockroaches... just flip on the lights and expose em...

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
By the way pardon any mispellings before I get flamed .... loves was meant to be lost in the last post. I've been up for a couple of days fixing computers and tending to business at home. I haven't had a moment to rest until now.
Anyway ... just thought I'd throw that out there ahead of time so the flame comments don't start.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I wonder who exactly these police think they're supposed to protect and serve? Don't they realize they're one of us, and they're being just as screwed by the elite as we are? I guess giving them a badge, a gun, and an unwarranted feeling of superiority is all they need to lose their humanity, if they ever had it.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I remember when this video first came out. It's relatively old, but that just shows you how biased the media is. I learned of this from Alex Jones, who went BATpoo when he saw this video. The rest of the media refused to touch the story.

Also, and this is just my opinion, but a police officer who has not clocked in yet, has no police identification on him nor a uniform on should NOT be policing, let alone pulling out a pistol in public without said credentials. How were either of the men to know that he really was a cop and not just some crazy guy with a gun?

Total incompetence. The man should be fired, lose his pension and rot in prison. Let the inmates, some of whom I'm sure this idiot treated unfairly, take care of him.

[edit on 22-10-2007 by ModernDystopia]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23/10/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Let it be known:

Anyone who tries to defend the police in this thread about this incident will be added to my foe list and no longer have any respect from myself, and many others who champion life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Anyone who says the guy got what he deserved, that it was his fault that he is dead, or that the cop acted justifiable, you will enter my foe list and I encourage all others who find such justifications deplorable to add them to their foe list as well. This is to make easier the effort of finding your ignorant threads (those who support this kind of killing) and deny them.

Let it be known, here, on each person's opinion, on where they stand. Do they stand for life, liberty, and justice? Or do they stand for over-action, guns, killing innocents for no reason (even in confusing circumstances -- hey dummy, thats why you're a cop! you got training!), and this horrible, horrible homeland terror attacks being inflicted on our own people by our own people.

What difference was there, allow me to ask, between what you saw and heard on that video, and what happens everyday in 'Third World' lawless countries, where there is no "good guys", where the police follow no codes or statutes, where people have no rights, and are gunned down mercilessly, or for being of this ethnicity or that, of this sect of religion or that? Absolutely no difference here. A clear abuse of authority resulting in murder of an innocent by someone wielding authority and a gun, without any particular uniform to designate him as someone worthy of the such authority.

This happens in Gaza, Iraq, West Bank, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Thailand, Sri Lanka, and elsewhere every single day. Sometmes over even less of an altercation.

So go ahead, stand with Fascists, Dictators, Terrorists, and Murderers, and we'll make sure you don't get a chance to spew your drivel in any other threads, through civil and direct counter measures on your threads deemed Fascist, Dictatorial, in support of Terrorism or in support of Blatant Murder. By civil I do mean within the rules of ATS service (through intelligent discussions and posts), and so there is no threat being made here that breaks TOS.

And so it is. Choose your stance wisely, when the evidence is for all to see and very, very close to proof, it acts as a filter for those who are naturally skeptical, and those who are naturally evil, or racist, or worse, and actually think these acts are a-okay.

[edit on 10/22/2007 by runetang]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Wait, since when can police go around being police without uniforms? Or at least a badge? He shouldn't have even been on duty at the time.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

I totally agree with everything you just said. I feel 200% the same way ( no that's not a type-o I really meant 200%

We need more people who think like this.

Keep the good posts coming

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
What we have here isn't murder, folks, and it's not, despite what you might think, "an abuse of power". What we have here is a cop who, to coin a phrase, screwed up by the numbers.

He went into a tactical situation without any of the basics. He dropped the bag with his kit in it (in itself, an understandable event), which left him out of uniform and without a badge (thus removing his authority), and without his pepper spray (a non-lethal way to break up a fight, despite what your sinus cavities will tell you).

He was outnumbered at short range. Either one of those is bad, the combination of the two is enough to make Harry Callahan sweat. Once he put himself in that tactical position, it's fairly easy to see (at least from his point of view) how things went from Very Bad to Catastrophically Worse. While we, sitting calmly at our computer monitors, can see that there isn't a real threat, he sees two men who obviously know each other, and appear to be acting in concert. One of the men has a jacket held in such a way as to hide his hands. Jacket-holder starts to move, and nervous cop in bad situation jumps to the (not always unfounded) conclusion that there's a gun under there, and acts accordingly.

What he did was wrong on a variety of levels, but it wasn't abuse of power, nor was it murder. It was massive mis-handling of a tactical situation combined with a panic response. I'm not excusing him....far from it...but this wasn't a cold-blooded, random execution. It was an A-Z cluster(bleep) of cosmic proportions. Nothing more, nothing less.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join