It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter and plane over the Pentagon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
As usual I was looking around for photos to contribute in other threads.Since I didn't want to derail, I decided to start this one.
If these photos have been seen or this thread relates to another just let me know and I'll ask for it to be removed.

I've looked into the timeline of the Pentagon crash and I found three sites that put it at 9:37 a.m. One site put it at 9:40 a.m. and yet another put it at 9:45 a.m.This is relevant because all of the pictures except for the one with the helicopter have a time of between 8:33 a.m. and 8:34 a.m. Given this information I can only assume that the photographer had the hour wrong or the time zone with the timeline is an hour out from local time.
The photographer states these were taken from Fort Leslie McNair, Washington DC which is about a 2.6 mile drive to the Pentagon.This is according to Google Map.
You can find the high res pictures here:Source
From the link, go backwards.The pictures are in the page 40 range.The helicopter is somewhere around page 17, I think.It took me awhile and I lost track.Once you find the pictures, click on the details and it will show the camera type and time.
Given the timeline of the photos it would appear that the plane is flying away from the Pentagon.
Edited to add:The sites I visited for timelines state that air traffic was shut down at 9:25 or 9:26 a.m.
I hope this information is useful.

Helicopter

Plane-8:33

Plane-8:34

Plane-8:34 #2

Plane-8:34 #3

Plane-8:34 #4

[edit on 21-10-2007 by citizen truth]

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The plane appears to be a C-130...which would be the plane from the Minnesota Air Guard that was over DC at that time.

Helicopter....probably a medivac...

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply.If these aircraft were in the area, why?According to the times of the photos the crash just happened.There are more photos that show these aircraft have left the area, or at least the plane has.
They could get a medivac (not confirmed) and a C-130 (not confirmed) to the site before they could scramble fighter jets to the area?
I'm not trying to start an argument but these pictures raise a lot of questions for me.I haven't seen any other photos from the Pentagon on 9/11 that show these aircraft.There is a photo I saw of a medivac helicopter, I think.It had a red cross and was dark.If that's a medivac helicopter it could be the same but I have no way of confirming that.
There is one more photo which I did not post showing a blue and white helicopter flying towards the Pentagon at 8:38 a.m.
I just find it curious.
I appreciate your input.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen truth

The C-130 is from the Minnesota National Guard. It had just departed Andrews Air Force Base and was heading back to Minnesota. Air traffic controllers asked the pilot (Lt. Col. Steve O'Brien) if he could spot an airliner off to his left. He said yes. Then they asked him if he could follow the airliner and he said yes. Then he told them that that aircraft had crashed near the Pentagon.

He testified in front of the 9/11 commission and has given a couple of interviews to the press.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I guess I don't understand the importance of these photographs. The pentagon has all ready been hit, and the fly ban would not apply to military aircraft. Please tell me what it is about these pictures that raises eyebrows.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Thanks, I'm aware of what you stated.
This doesn't prove that this is the plane you are talking about but after a Google search it might be possible.
The secrecy surrounding this plane or it's flight is suspect.First it was denied, then it was admitted. ALL air traffic was grounded.
These pictures do show an airplane but what type is another story.
A C-130 could arrive at the Penatgon before an F-16 could?
I'll look into the C-130 more and correct myself if need be.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wsamplet

I'm sorry, I thought I made that clear in the original post.
The attack was said to have occurred at 9:37 a.m.
These photos were taken at 8:34 a.m. (perhaps 9:34) yet two aircraft are at the scene and none of those are fighter jets.
Given the time frame, these aircraft would need to be in convenient locations for such a quick arrival.
I have not seen any other photos showing these aircraft.Lots of speculation, but no photos.
There was also talk about a helicopter crashing into the Pentagon, even Cheney mentioned it.
I'm merely providing information I have not seen on ATS in hopes it contributes in the quest for answers.

Edit: It looks like these guys were the ones to the rescue: National Park Service

Judging from their site this helicopter looks like one of theirs.According to the NPS the helicopters left between two and three minutes after the crash which means the black helicopter and airplane were gone by the time this park helicopter was enroute to the Pentagon.The time stamp for this picture was 8:38 a.m. Four minutes after the first aircraft were photographed.
I had a look around and can't find any other photos of these from this angle or any other.
Am I the only one who finds this odd or questionable?

Edited so many times because it won't let me edit the huge image.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Let's try this again.Sorry for the back to back posts.i just want to confirm what I've posted.

NPS

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
First, military/medivac aircraft were NOT grounded. Second, from the one picture, it is easy to see the high wing and four engines marking the plane as a C-130. THird, the C-130 was ALREADY in the air and was the logical choice to eyeball the area. As for why would a helicopter be on the scene before a fighter plane...lets see.....wonder how long it takes to pull missiles out of the magazine and load them on the rails of a fighter as opposed to running out to a helicopter and starting the engines...hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

I think I understand now.A slow lumbering plane with no equipment was used to observe.
No jets could be fitted with ammunition from the time WTC1 got hit and the time the Penatagon got hit.
The Air Force never has planes "ready" for any emergency.
My mistake for thinking "defense" and "military" in the same process.
Sorry for posting a pointless thread.
Peace

top topics

join