It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Angels Exist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Wasn't sure where to post this.

When I was around 12 years old, I lived a few miles from the Meramec River south of St Louis. I had a friend named Matt, and we were always in the woods or a big creek that flowed into the Meramec. We had made the journey before; it would take a little over an hour and a half to get to the river. We grabbed our fishing poles and into the creek we went.
We followed the creek till we couldn’t go further without wading, so we climbed up the bank and started towards the river. The creek had woods growing along its bank all the way to the river. To our left around 100 yards there were a few homes, with some kind of wheat field between us, to our right was a corn field and you could see another tree line in the distance. Behind us you could here Highway 141.

Anyway, we continued waking and we could see a ridge, we both thought that this was a levy for the river. We started for this levy, when a young man, I’m guessing around 25 years old seemed to come out of nowhere and said what’s up guys. It kind of startled us at first, but he seemed cool and we said hi back to him. He was moving towards us passing on our right, going off toward the edge of the tree line towards the corn field. This guy was dressed to the hilt; he had on a nice dark blue suit, and shined shoes. It struck me as strange to run into someone so well dressed in the woods, well anyway, as he neared us he stopped and smiled and told us “boys, you need to watch your step”, he kind of glanced in the direction we were headed, then he moved off almost as fast as he showed up.

When he was gone we continued to the levy, but something was bothering me, I just couldn’t figure out what it was. It wasn’t the guy, we were comfortable around him, but there was something else. When we reached the levy or what we thought was the levy, there where many tree saplings growing on it. It was damp, and it had been damp since we left the creek, we had our fishing gear in one hand and we started up the levy, it was steep, but we were making it up clumsily, when Matt slipped and almost fell, his leg kicked up and almost hit me. That’s when I knew what had been bothering me, Matt’s pant legs were wet almost up to his knees, the guy had come from this direction, but he was Spotless, his pants were not wet, his shoes where perfect, I looked at my own legs, they were the same as Matt’s, but a little muddier. I dropped my fishing stuff, and grabbed Matt and we made our way up the levy, when we reached the top, we both froze.
This was not a levy just a hill right before it. Not 2 feet from where we were, there was a big sinkhole, the sides were very muddy, I’m guessing because of the river being so close. It was around 7 or 8 foot deep and full of snakes, I have never seen a sight before or since; thousands well maybe hundreds, but is was just full of snakes.

The clean clothes and shoes have vexed me to this day. It was humanly impossible to walk threw these woods and stay dry and clean. We ended up not walking the rest of the way to the river; we sat near the sink hole watching the snakes, and talked about what happened. We are convinced that if we continued up the hill alone, that one of us would have slipped in, and knowing us, the other would try to rescue the other. It would have been ugly.

After some time, we were both convinced that the guy was an Angel.

LDF

join