It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I saw a planet with naked eye(need confirmation)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jbird
reply to post by koenw

I didn't read it that way...

He posted a diagram two post before your first post, which clearly depicted the bright dot in relation to the horizon and Orion

Keep in mind the pic I posted was for 2 am, so by dawn, that section of the sky would be, higher in the sky.

Perhaps ZikhaN, can clarify.

i161.photobucket.com...

This picture displays the position of the celestial bodies at Stockholm 6:30am, you can clearly see that Sirius is still near the horizon (the bright star in the Canis Major constellation).

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yeah you're right. I didn't see the horizon, I only saw a little light coming from there. It was very far above the horizon, it wasn't even touched by the orange light.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

On what day/night did this happen exactly? I myself live in Finland and I was driving to get my sister home at sunday night (the night between saturday/sunday) around 4am (local time). I saw excatly the same thing, we both were amazed to see a 'star' this big and bright. It was quite yellow in color and I could see it without a problem over the trees, so it wasn't very low at the horizon. I can't be sure of what direction it was, but I can check that out from some map, I think. We also came to conclusion it was either Venus or Mars (aka some planet) at it was so huge. I don't remember never before seeing something this striking on the night sky, even though I do drive a lot at night times. We felt like it was some kind of end of the World -movie

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Yeah it was at 4-5 a.m gmt+1 sunday^^ Maybe we saw the same planet

top topics

<< 1   >>

join