It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Clock Is Ticking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
For the past several days I have had a numbing type feeling that our country is going to be hit again. Is it just me or is there anyone else having the same nauseous feelings?

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20/10/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
.That nauseaus feeling may be a touch of fear. It is certainly understandable.

Every morning when I wake and check the news I fully expect to hear of an attack on our country.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Posts like these are common in this forum. What exactly causes this feeling of dread I am not sure, not a psychologist here, but rest assured, because I've seen posts like these over and over again and they never come to fruition.

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The feeling of fear, or dread/anxiety/apprehension, is a direct result of...

FEAR!

That sounds like a smart-ass comment, but actually it is fact. FDR was perfectly wise when he said that we have nothing to fear but fear, itself.

That is because energy is a self-replicating force - positive energy leads to positive and negative energy does the same - no bastard children on the level of simple opposing binary forces!

I truly believe that the whole idea of terrorism is the true root cause of terrorism, itself! And the way in which we, as humans, have continually reacted (REACT as opposed to RESPOND) to world events in recent years, both on American soil as well as abroad, has essentially grown into a state of mind that is, by far, our biggest obstacle to overcoming violence, strife, and uncertainty in our every day lives!

We must learn to redirect our negative thoughts; something which I have heard many people claim is not possible. But it IS possible! And it doesn't require anything out of the scope of human ability.

The ultimate issue is that if we cannot control our own thoughts, then we are totally out of control in every way - because the only thing we really CAN control is our own mind! And from our mind and thoughts comes our actions!

FEAR NOT!
Fear creates danger. Courage dispels it.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I must agree with every person and say it is fear. I have always said; As an individual you must learn to conquer your fears. Once you have conquered your fears, then fear has nothing else but to fear itself.
Does this even make sense?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Are you saying "if you fear about something then get over it". If the world is about to be nuked away I guess there is nothing I can do about it so go about my daily business. Right?

No harm meant by my reply here, just my little statement on BTS.

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

Should we live in fear because everyday that passes we are closer to death?
Who knows, you might be walking down the street and some drunk driver runs you over. Death? I do not fear. I know my time will come someday, yours will too. So why should I live in fear, if I know my time is coming?

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DbleOh7

the only fear u should have is u are going to be hit by your own country if there are any terrorists going to hit u guys thay would have done it since the last attack 7 yrs ago

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SoFunkyMe

THe length of time since last attack ( 6 years ) is not significant to me. Some serial killers have waited longer before their next victim! Attacks have been regular around the world, just not in the USA.

I feel that we are not looking at a major city getting attacked... I have a sense that smaller ones will be the target and it will be soon!

top topics

join