It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Above Area 51

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I've always heard stories about Area 51 and such, especially since I have family in Henderson, NV, and Las Vegas, NV. Everyone I talk to has seen something going on up there, and I'm talking about respectable individuals with everythhing to lose from being branded liers. I recently stayed across from the McCarran International Airport, where you can witness Government Employees heading off to work, flying North. I have come to a conclusion not all that long ago tough. Area 51 is obviously not the most secret of bases or installations. As of matter of fact, I belive it to be a true decoy, in order to keep peoples attention on it, while the true secrets remain elsewhere. It's easy to come to this conclusion, seeing as everyone knows about this base, and the Russians have satellite photos of it to sell everywhere. I have a very close aquaintance, who now holds a Security Clearance of Classified, always varying depending upon his current work assignment, but once held a Clearance of T ++, or Top Secret + +, Basically, Above Top Secret Times 2. I once said to him, "Ya' know what, I don't think that Area 51 is the most secret of bases", he simply, and matter of factly replied, "It's not". I'm a very open minded person, but I also try not to believe everything. This however, is very believable.




posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
I once said to him, "Ya' know what, I don't think that Area 51 is the most secret of bases", he simply, and matter of factly replied, "It's not". I'm a very open minded person, but I also try not to believe everything. This however, is very believable.

It probably isn't...
With a fair understanding of how DARPA and related entities operate, they are very compartmentalized.
So from the little that can be gathered about A51 one can conclude that it is an aerospace facility, dealing with prototype and secret operational aircraft and related technologies... and probably not much else...

Lockheed and Northrop have both hinted that the B-2 and F-117 were tested and developed at the groom lake facility. (I'm not going to take the time to find a link, I think most reading this are already aware of this anyway)
It should not be thought however, that A51/groom lake is the only secret aerospace facility, just the most reknowned.

Any technology more exotic is probably at some other facility.

Just my thoughts~



posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well, you don't pour billions of dollars into a site and then NOT use it. It is STILL very away from prying eyes (especially with the recent land grabs). It is STILL made to have certain areas hidden from passing satellites, and it STILL has a substantial subterrainean base.

Regardless of how many know about it, it is STILL fully capable of being used for just the thing it's always been used for. The testing of the US's most advanced air vehicles...

Some members are already perfectly aware that construction has been going on a lot lately, and there are several new facilities at the base. Not to mention, JANET flights still continue on a regular basis....

No, it's no decoy, and yes, there are other bases...but Area 51 is still WELL suited to fit the needs it was designed for.....



posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Yes, it may NOT be a decoy, in the sense that it is NOT in operation, and I do believe it started out as the United State's most secret of facilities, but, I believe that now-a-days, it's fame or noteriety, is used to it's advantage if you will. I believe that whatever people may see at Area-51, does not represent our most hidden and secret technology. I guess it could better be referred to as an active decoy, or a distraction, meaning that it is still in operation, and there are still unknown, highly guarded secrets within it's walls, but that these secrets are what one may simply call, the tip of the iceberg. The best comparison I can make, is when a six member NAVY SEAL Team blows up a beach head to make the enemy believe that there is an enormous beach landing/ invasion occuring, thus distracting the enemy into focusing all of it's attention and resources onto that one particular location, meanwhile, they are outflanked to the rear, and destroyed.

By the way, I appreciate the inputs so far, and I hope there are more to come. This is my first post on here.

[Edited on 1-26-2004 by TheAgentNineteen]

[Edited on 1-26-2004 by TheAgentNineteen]



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
While I wouldn't necessarily consider it a "decoy" the setting, as mentioned previously (recent land grabs) only improves upon the secrecy this base has been shrouded in since "unique and special" flight testing began. Like many things with the military/government, we will never know the true use or meaning of a facility like Groom Lake/Area 51, whatever you would like to call it.



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here is my interpretation of what she's trying to say.

Pretend that I am the United States government. Area 51 is simply a misdirection to the people of the United States. It is nothing more than a setup. A massive elaborate hoax to make them believe we are hiding something in Area 51, when really, our actions are elsewhere. We make the people believe that what we are doing is at Area 51, and when the entire world believes that's the location of what we are up to, they will never think "what if it's somewhere else, or something else?". To them, there is no somewhere else, it's Area 51. We'll put up signs, tell people it doesn't exist, tell them not to go there, restrict land past it, therefor creating a bigger and bigger interest in Area 51. If you really wanted to keep someone out of a certain place, would you tell them not to go there? Doing so sparks their interest. People will naturally do what you tell them not to do. Misdirection. We will have our secret operations conducted over here, and at the same time we'll point the people over there.

This theory states that the government is hiding something, but it's not Area 51, but a clever misdirection to mislead and blind the public from the truth.

Pretend again that I am the United States government. We are hiding something at Area 51, something we do not want the public to know about. We chose a remote place in the desert, created a top secret military installation and claim it doesn't exist to keep everything about it secret. We know the public is going to use satellite imaging, we know they'll try to wander past the restricted area signs to get arrested, we know they'll have their suspicions, and possibly even get some close pictures of our installation, but they will never know what goes on inside Area 51, and what we do there, so let the public keep guessing.

This theory states that the government is hiding something at Area 51, and realizes the research that people have been doing on it, but don't care because nobody will ever be able to get inside, get a glimpse, or have the slightest idea what goes on there, so they let the public think and do what they want about it.

You choose which theory to believe.



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
At one time, you could buy satellite photos of Area 51 from Russian sources. If you look on any map or computer mapping program, Area 51 is just shown as a blank area. Also, any site that shows views of areas from satellites don't include areas that are top secret like Area 51.



posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
I once said to him, "Ya' know what, I don't think that Area 51 is the most secret of bases", he simply, and matter of factly replied, "It's not". I'm a very open minded person, but I also try not to believe everything. This however, is very believable.

It probably isn't...
With a fair understanding of how DARPA and related entities operate, they are very compartmentalized.
So from the little that can be gathered about A51 one can conclude that it is an aerospace facility, dealing with prototype and secret operational aircraft and related technologies... and probably not much else...

Lockheed and Northrop have both hinted that the B-2 and F-117 were tested and developed at the groom lake facility. (I'm not going to take the time to find a link, I think most reading this are already aware of this anyway)
It should not be thought however, that A51/groom lake is the only secret aerospace facility, just the most reknowned.

Any technology more exotic is probably at some other facility.

Just my thoughts~



Not to mention air bases Nellis and Edwards.



posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I wish I would have been around before they restricted Freedom Ridge so I could have taken some panoramas of my own, Freedom Ridge was the closest point you could get for clear images of the base with a high powered camera.



dreamlandresort.com



posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Yea speakin of area 51, I watched a couple of x-files episodes last night all about dreamland (well sorda). It was on tnt if anybody else watched.



posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
anyone else notice that chopper on that closeup of the hangers it looks like to me to be a commanche chopper but could be a lynx i dunno anyone take a guess. intelgurl what do you think.



posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey
Yea speakin of area 51, I watched a couple of x-files episodes last night all about dreamland (well sorda). It was on tnt if anybody else watched.


I didn't like that episode except for the fact that it was funny. First of all, men in Cammo Dudes do not wear army Camoflauge gear. They wear police uniforms. Don't they? Plus, do you see men in black riding in those white jeeps? Also, the buildings portrayed in the show look nothing like the ones in real life. At least from the pictures I've seen. Oh and the Little Alien Inn? That looks nothing like the actual one in real life either.



posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
mrmulder, if you're talking about at A51, most of them do wear camo otherwise they wouldn't have that name, and the white Jeep Cherokees they started driving in 1995 and their vehicles have changed a lot since then, in 99 they started using champagne golden Ford F-150s, and began to phase out the old white jeeps. Finally in 01 they started using another new truck, the grey Chevy 2400 4x4 pickup. The white jeeps arn't used much anymore, they were the first Cammo vehicle. All of them have white US Government license plates, the first two numbers on the plate being the last two digits of the year they were put into service.

I need to watch more tv, I miss episodes like these that depict A51


[Edited on 29-1-2004 by Morrison]



posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morrison
mrmulder, if you're talking about at A51, most of them do wear camo otherwise they wouldn't have that name, and the white Jeep Cherokees they started driving in 1995 and their vehicles have changed a lot since then, in 99 they started using champagne golden Ford F-150s, and began to phase out the old white jeeps. Finally in 01 they started using another new truck, the grey Chevy 2400 4x4 pickup. The white jeeps arn't used much anymore, they were the first Cammo vehicle. All of them have white US Government license plates, the first two numbers on the plate being the last two digits of the year they were put into service.

I need to watch more tv, I miss episodes like these that depict A51


[Edited on 29-1-2004 by Morrison]


Well the jeeps, that definetelly was accurate at the time the episode was aired. Are the cammo dudes wearing desert camo gear then? That would explain to me that they just looked like police uniforms with Kaki pants and Kaki shirts.

This picture www.adsamaj.org... looks like they're wearing all Kakis to me.



posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
yes it must be desert cammo because in all the pictures I have or have ever seen, it is always a uniform of that color

I think EG&G Technical Services had cammo dudes assigned also to the Golden Gate Bridge although it is said that they were national guardsmen, they drove Hummers and wore cammo, when the bridge is bright orange

[Edited on 29-1-2004 by Morrison]



posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I echo the same thought, wish I could have made a trip to the now closed ridges (Freedom and Tikaboo) were available to the viewing public. Back in 1996-97 I stumbled across Desert Rat on UFOMind.com. Had some interesting reads for those interested...



posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
I've always heard stories about Area 51 and such, especially since I have family in Henderson, NV, and Las Vegas, NV. Everyone I talk to has seen something going on up there, and I'm talking about respectable individuals with everythhing to lose from being branded liers. I recently stayed across from the McCarran International Airport, where you can witness Government Employees heading off to work, flying North. I have come to a conclusion not all that long ago tough. Area 51 is obviously not the most secret of bases or installations. As of matter of fact, I belive it to be a true decoy, in order to keep peoples attention on it, while the true secrets remain elsewhere. It's easy to come to this conclusion, seeing as everyone knows about this base, and the Russians have satellite photos of it to sell everywhere. I have a very close aquaintance, who now holds a Security Clearance of Classified, always varying depending upon his current work assignment, but once held a Clearance of T ++, or Top Secret + +, Basically, Above Top Secret Times 2. I once said to him, "Ya' know what, I don't think that Area 51 is the most secret of bases", he simply, and matter of factly replied, "It's not". I'm a very open minded person, but I also try not to believe everything. This however, is very believable.


You're right Area 51/ Groom Lake is not the most secret base, not by a long shot. The only distinction the base holds is "Most Well Known". The Most secret base might be one none of us have even heard of yet.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance



posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morrison
Here is my interpretation of what she's trying to say.

Pretend that I am the United States government. Area 51 is simply a misdirection to the people of the United States. It is nothing more than a setup. A massive elaborate hoax to make them believe we are hiding something in Area 51, when really, our actions are elsewhere. We make the people believe that what we are doing is at Area 51, and when the entire world believes that's the location of what we are up to, they will never think "what if it's somewhere else, or something else?". To them, there is no somewhere else, it's Area 51. We'll put up signs, tell people it doesn't exist, tell them not to go there, restrict land past it, therefor creating a bigger and bigger interest in Area 51. If you really wanted to keep someone out of a certain place, would you tell them not to go there? Doing so sparks their interest. People will naturally do what you tell them not to do. Misdirection. We will have our secret operations conducted over here, and at the same time we'll point the people over there.

This theory states that the government is hiding something, but it's not Area 51, but a clever misdirection to mislead and blind the public from the truth.

Pretend again that I am the United States government. We are hiding something at Area 51, something we do not want the public to know about. We chose a remote place in the desert, created a top secret military installation and claim it doesn't exist to keep everything about it secret. We know the public is going to use satellite imaging, we know they'll try to wander past the restricted area signs to get arrested, we know they'll have their suspicions, and possibly even get some close pictures of our installation, but they will never know what goes on inside Area 51, and what we do there, so let the public keep guessing.

This theory states that the government is hiding something at Area 51, and realizes the research that people have been doing on it, but don't care because nobody will ever be able to get inside, get a glimpse, or have the slightest idea what goes on there, so they let the public think and do what they want about it.

You choose which theory to believe.


I apologize that it's been so long since I last checked out this thread. Yeah, the first paragraph of what you said, is what I was implying. Thanks for explaining it in another way. Also, I appreciate all of you who replied and put some of your thoughts and info into this. I've always wanted to visit Area 51 ever since I began going to Las Vegas, when I had family move there, many years ago. I usually never have enough time though. Seeing that my father has a Security Clearance of Lord knows how high, I'm not sure if that would make it a bad idea to attempt to view it, or a not so bad idea. Has anyone on this board been there before, or have any tips?



posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
A couple things..if your friend works for DoD..there is no clearance labeled classified..I am a secret clearance holder..and that is the lowest u can get..as for Russia bein able to sell pics of area 51..that doesnt mean that area 51 is a decoy. My job in life is to guard nuclear ICBMs and there are satelite pictures of every one of our nuclear sites on the internet..hell u could prolly pull up pics of our LFs, MAFS, and the WSA..even though there r pics of all these sites..I can assure you..they really do work and are not decoys..take it easy



posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
well, i heard that the new "area 51" may have been moved to arizona. hearing this, over this summer, me and some friends of mine are going to go up there and see what we can find.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join