It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush's Approval Rating Hits New Low, Congress Even Worse!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Bush's approval rating has now fallen to 24%, but believe it or not, Congress only got an 11% approval rating.

Voters Unhappy with Bush and Congress

Bush's job approval rating fell to 24 percent from last month's record low for a Zogby poll of 29 percent. A paltry 11 percent gave Congress a positive grade, tying last month's record low.

"There is a real question among Americans now about how relevant this government is to them," pollster John Zogby said. "They tell us they want action on health care, education, the war and immigration, but they don't believe they are going to get it."

It's hard to believe these are the people that we voted into office, there is nothing getting done that is positive for the country, all they do is argue with each other, then at the end of the arguing, somehow our constitutional rights are infringed upon more.

The country is in far worse shape then it was in 8 years ago! And our elected officials are doing nothing to change the direction that the country has taken.

Nothing is getting done that adds up to anything.

The 2008 elections just seem too far away.

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Do you really think the 2008 election will make much difference ?
It looks like to me that the only thing that will be changing is the camouflage in front of the corporate puppeteers. Rudy the Republican front runner is seems to be la la land when it comes to policy and on the other side of the fence the candidates that seem to be made of the right material don't a chance at winning the nomination.

If Bush leaves office three points lower in the polls he will have beaten Truman record low poll ratings that would be quiet an accomplishment. Although poll numbers are not connected to how well presidents are ranked in the future.

[edit on 18-10-2007 by xpert11]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
well i for one still love bush. Out of all the famous people in the world he is the one i would like to meet most.

he is however kinda soft some times when dealing with "threats and Terrorists".

but that is just my oppinion.......

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Wow, that's an unusual opinion of Bush to hear around here. It's one that I share though. I think he has a done a wonderful job of keeping our country safe. I do however still think he could be a little tougher on situations such as Iran. I know I will get a harsh backlash at ATS for these views, but that's fine; that's why I love America.

Again though, these polls don't reflect how well a president has done or is doing, it's simply a public opinion poll. Much like children who cry and throw tantrums when they don't get toys at the store, the public doesn't always know what's best for them.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well, I'm not surprised about either number. Bush, even though I personally like him, hasn't really done that good since his re-election.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, I'm not surprised about either number. Bush, even though I personally like him, hasn't really done that good since his re-election.

A good point. I do think however years down the road we will look back on his tenure as a successful one. He hasn't done a spectacular job the last 4 years, but overall he has done a lot of good things.

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I've been racking my brain to think of all the good conservative things Bush has done and come up with a very very short list.

Actually, if you put a D next to his name his choices would make more sense. Personally, as a conservative who isn't just another Neo-con (another name for Democrat from 30-40 years ago), I can say that Bush officially sucks huge.... well I'm sure you know.

Many reasons are for what he has done.

Many more are for what he failed to do, failed to say, and failed to engage or at least try.

As for the thread topic, it's obvious that they are low, will be low, and have a low chance of really changing.

Why? Because few in Washington care about the Constitution, freedom, and allowing people to live with the inconvenience of liberty. We are soft whiny people aside from our own personal matters more often than not.

Republicans-Fiscally liberal, socially conservative

Democrats-Fiscally liberal, socially liberal

Being that social matters were and are supposed the purview of the state, the vast majority of social matters are irrelevantly on the federal scene.

So what remains? Economics. When they two parties that dominate our country are of the same mind economically, we are screwed, as is evident by the current malaise and dissatisfaction of the American people.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by KrazyJethro]

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
We need a political "reset" button for times like these....

As everyone that knows me knows, I was an ardent supporter of the President and still I do not hate him, but after the amnesty fiasco, I am just pretty well done with RINO'S

Republican
In
Name
Only

Semper

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I like that RINO analogy Semper.

It's incredibly accurate for what is going on today. I tend to side with you on this, in that I supported him when he was elected, and I still don't hate him like so many others.

Either way though, there is no denying that it's time for some drastic changes in our government.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
I've been racking my brain to think of all the good conservative things Bush has done and come up with a very very short list.

Jethro, I knew Bush wasn't a conservative when he dragged out the term "compassionate conservatism." I am not saying that conservatives aren't compassionate, but that's not really what we are a bout. True conservatism is about pulling up your laces on you OWN work boots and picking YOURSELF up off the ground.

new topics

top topics

join