It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA to build Military Base in Lebanon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
According to this video,the USA are trying to get the go ahead to begin work on a Military base in the north of the country,close to the border with Syria:

www.globalresearch.ca...

How would Hezbollah react to a US base I wonder?
First time I heard anything about this,not sure is the source is reliable or not.
Anyone else know anything about this subject?

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The video says the US are planning 3 bases in Iraq, 1 in Jordan, 1 in Saudi Arabia and 1 in Lebanon.

Video

They are part of the American campaign to remain in the middle east forever. But they already have plenty of bases around the world, specially in the middle east.

United States Known Military Bases (picture)

So why middle east? Well...

[edit on 18-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Hmm,I just can't see Hezbollah being too chuffed about this one in Lebanon.
They will see it as the USA helping Israel to turn the screw on Hezbollah.
At the moment Hezbollah are solely concerned with keeping Israel at bay-If the USA move into their country they could change tack.
They may see a US presence in Lebanon as a major provocation.
Maybe in a small way the US are attempting to bait Hezbollah into attacking them in their shiny new base...

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Not too many takers for this one,I thought it was quite important..

Not sure how accurate the video is as it appears to be from an Iranian source according to this Lebanese blogger:

"I found the story yesterday in the LF’s website, but I couldn’t find it today. It now surfaced again in -Iranian mouthpiece- Press Tv’s website, with an apparent confirmation by an ex Lebanese General:

“According to US plan six military bases will be set up, three in Iraq, one in Jordan, one in Saudi Arabia and one in Lebanon. It is believed that the Lebanese government is approving the establishment of the base and the name of the base will be the US-Lebanese Center for Rehabilitation of the Army in order to cover the real activity of the base,” Amin Hotait, a retired army colonel told Press TV.

The story is not impossible. The Sunni North is now USA friendly (you can tell by the 2 McDonalds restaurants that opened recently in Tripoli). But if it were true, you’d expect the mainstream pro-Hezbollah media (Assafir, Alakhbar, Almanar, tayyar.org) to pounce on the story like a bunch of starving wolves over red meat."

beirutspring.com...

And I found this bizarre piece,which may be Syrian/Iranian...not sure but its pretty anti USA:

yalibnan.com...

Also I found this from Rense.com-from 2005 by Wayne Madsen,2 years ago.

www.rense.com...

Anyone know if this base will go ahead or not?

Edit: link

[edit on 18-10-2007 by Silcone Synapse]

new topics

top topics

join