It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T.I. the arrested rapper was target of a politically motivated round up!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777

No if they targeted him for a non crime the everyone would see what I am saying, targeted justice. They use a real crime so everyone only thinks, yup he broke the law, and do not think of targeted justice.

redge, what are you talking about?

'they' used a real crime....who are 'they'?

are you saying that T I did NOTHING wrong?

he paid his bodyguard to go buy a friggin arsenal for him. that is a serious crime dude....

you're tyring to play the 'since he was not there game he should not be facing charges right'??

i really am having trouble here understanding your stance here...maybe it's me, i don't know...
people think yup, he broke the law cause, yup, he broke the law....

posted on Oct, 19 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBLESSINGofVISION
there is something profound in the subconscious enmity toward blacks in this world. It seems to transcend the minds that harbor it. I'm fascinated by this.

to all genuine truth seekers, i'd love to get your take on this

I did not ignore this question, at first I gave it a couple days to mill around in my mind to see if I had a worth while opinion on this. I see the point, and the actions of so many, but I still have not zeroed in on the root causes, I am thinking on it still, and will post later if it becomes more clear.

I know it has something to do with people forming groups for allocation of empathy and resources, it is related to self desire to accept programming that protects peoples current allocation and rationals to fight empathy encroachment on their current distribution. It may be defence mechanism that would force one to consider their actions regarding all of society. Acceptance of self declared superiority to handle insecurity or rationalize behaviors, But there is much more, and I do not have my brain around it yet.

edit
I keep coming back to thoughts of social programming, established norms, however wrong, versus claims for justice encroaching on a current distribution that is beneficial to the individual falsely judging. With this is the defence mechanisms to protect current status of the top tier of justice.

It could be stereotyping passed on. so that people who rightly claim equality is seen as a threat to a status quo, one where the other group is currently at an advantage and wants to hold it. It could be that the act of claiming is an action that subconsciously is determined to require a giving and is protected by defences. Changing norms, is protected inside people, might be an image of demand for justice is seen as aggressive subconsciously. I am really not sure, but I agree it exists.

second edit
I am really trying to think of differences in interactions of SAfrica blacks, and American blacks, compared to blacks in other parts of Africa. Unfortunately I do not have enough cultural experience to form beliefs, but I would guess, past oppression shows through in both groups (minority/majority), one with firm defence of right of justice(blacks), the other in false superiority complex, and desire for preferential treatment(white). It would be nice to visit the places and see if anything makes more sense.

third edit
If someone is given preferential treatment, or by stereotype some consider them better, then claiming equality for all makes a person state there own value is less then it is previously thought to be. This I would think would be challenged by ego and insecurity, and selfishness and natural tendency to protect empathy distribution would keep a person looking for a reason to claim superiority. The false superiority society gave them through perpetuated norms.

Thats the best I got on the subject and is still missing much and could be totally wrong.

[edit on 19-10-2007 by Redge777]

<< 1  2  3   >>

join