It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private US military contractors move into Helmand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Private US military contractors move into Helmand

news.independent.co.uk

Large numbers of US private military personnel are expected to arrive in Helmand, the focal point of British involvement in Afghanistan, as part of a new effort to promote reconstruction and development in the war-torn province.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
This is ridiculous. The Brits spend so much time talking to the locals and encouraging trust in Helmand province and now we have the Gung-Ho, kill-em-all Non army riding in shooting everything that moves.

news.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I gotta agree with you on this one Chorlton.
Thats the last thing they need over there.

I sense this could have something to do with blackwater getting booted out of Iraq.
They need those contracts,maybe they have just swapped over into Afghanistan-although I think the Karzai Gov would also like to boot them out.

Probably will too,after a few more innocent families get riddled with bullets.
This could be the biggest Taliban recruiting tool since the war began.It will undoubtedly make the job of the Brits a lot more difficult,which bring me to a second possible reason-The US are cheesed off that the Brits have halved the Basra troops-this could be repayment...

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Its heartbreaking realy. The British troops have been doing some realy hard work in Helmand and I now suspect its all going to go backwards.
Still it could be a good excuse to pull our troops out?.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
The Marine Corps want to leave Iraq too and go to Afghanistan. The US has finally persueded the Afghan government to air spray poppy crops. All in Helmand provins.

Danish troops are there too, with more killed in combat there than in Iraq. Hope this will be the reason for our US friendly, neocon government to get them out. Or better still, it will fall.

Insane, a conspiracy to make the war going.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chorlton

The Brits spend so much time talking to the locals and encouraging trust in Helmand province and now we have the Gung-Ho, kill-em-all Non army riding in shooting everything that moves.

well, If the larger reconstruction projects are put on hold or scrapped!
then the extra security contractors being sent there to protect
the engineers and volunteer humanitarians & relief workers
will not be needed! end of problem !

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
But you would have thought the US would have learned a lesson in Iraq, letting civilians loose with weapons?

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 14-10-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Possibly the lesson they learned was "Hey these armed groups are helping to generate more chaos,which is great for us as we the Military industrial complex are making a very nice lump of cash from all of this...If we can just keep it up until Iran we will do very well."

top topics

join