It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I just watched this movie last night. I liked it, being that it has some of the paranormal stuff in it, like vampire, jekyl and hyde, invisible man. On scale from 1 -5, I give it 3.5. any thoughts on the movie from those who seen it?????

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I loved it.

I liked the part where sean connery had to get his glasses to shoot the running man, I could identfiy with that.

The only part that I didnt like was that tom sawyer was a kid before the civil war so he would have been older than sean connery

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
yeah I didn't the whole Tom Sawyer correlation. I would have preferred some outlaw like Jessie James, Wyatt Earpe or Billy the Kid.

the effects in the movie were good. I like the "Mr Hyde" he was better than the Hulk.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
yeah I didn't the whole Tom Sawyer correlation. I would have preferred some outlaw like Jessie James, Wyatt Earpe or Billy the Kid.

the effects in the movie were good. I like the "Mr Hyde" he was better than the Hulk.

It couldn't have been Jesse James, Wyatt Earp or Billy the kid. They were using fictional charicters of the 19th century. I haven't seen the movie but I have read the comics.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

They were using fictional charicters of the 19th century. I haven't seen the movie but I have read the comics.

They left out the best sherlock holmes.

They used his arch rival but not him.....weird

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
He probably would have overshadowed Allan Quatermain.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
duh

thanks nottoohappy
now I get the Tom Sawyer thing.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I saw it just before I came to the US last August - it's pretty good and kept me hooked. It is actually based on a series of graphic novels - I read the first one, which is the one the film is based on, but of course there were some changes. Mina's vampiric powers were only hinted of in the first book for example, and Cavorite was not mentioned in the movie at all, nor the battle in the air. Apparently Sherlock Holmes does appear in the later books, but I am yet to read those.

www.sherlock-holmes.org.uk...

members.tripod.com...

join