It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiohead - In Rainbows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
As some of you may or may not know, the new Radiohead album went on sale for download only on their website. The catch is, you choose how much you want to pay for the album - be it 0 cents or 100 dollars. The album doesn't hit stores until December, but you can download it now for free if you so choose - I personally would hope you support the music scene and give them the money they deserve. They already sold 1.2 million downloads of the album on the first day alone.

For those of you who are Radiohead fans, it's an AMAZING album. Perhaps their best since OK Computer.

www.inrainbows.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
A truly stunning piece of work. Reckoner is awesome. Doesn't seem to be a weak track at all.

On Hail to the thief, you could easily show 'we suck young blood' to be quite sucky, plus the production was a bit meh. But it's hard to pick holes in this collection of tracks. I did have issues with videotape for a day or so, quite liked the live version.

Amsterdam 28th August 2006:

Certainly the best since Kid A. Hard to know if it will have the staying power of OKC and Kid A.

Knocked 'Boxer' by The National off my best of 2007 list.

Just waiting for the boxset now with the second disc - Down is the New Up, yummy

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I had my doubts at first, but this is a great album! Also, I found this:

Link

What do you think? I've posted some comments there. Now I think it's crazy, but a couple of days ago I experimented with it and I did find that some songs were mixed beautifully (there's a MP3 recorded by me on the comments).

BTW, I think Arpeggi is one of Radiohead's most beautiful songs to date.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Just fyi, radiohead are doing a webcast this friday 6-9pm (GMT).

Fun & music.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
i've seen a lot of articles lately about the radiohead album only grabbing about $2.50 per album on average. i ahve to wonder why that's a bad thing considering that's probably more than they would get if they had a label to feed. while it's not bad music and some of the tracks are pretty enjoyable, i'd have to say i'm glad i didn't pay $10 for it.

i liked the bends and ok computer. the others are mostly "meh"

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Heh, methinks Kid A is a masterpiece, but each to their own.

Anyway, the webcast will be at the link below, I think you'll need quicktime to make it work best:

www2.radiohead.tv...

They've been doing testing the last couple of days, good times. Last night Thom played 'unravel' by Bjork.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Couple of video clips from the webcast last night. It was great stuff:

Cover of the Smiths 'the headmaster ritual'

Faust Arp

[edit on 10-11-2007 by melatonin]

top topics

join