It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Revelations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by whirlwind
People will understand that what they have been told is true and they therefore accept God....souls are saved!

.........Whirlwind

What they have been told by who?
The pastors?

[edit on 23-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

People will understand that what they have been told is true and they therefore accept God....souls are saved!

.........Whirlwind

What they have been told by who?
The pastors?

[edit on 23-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

When I wrote that I was referring to end times.

What I'm doing now is planting seeds of truth by telling you that the anti-christ/Satan will come to earth pretending to be Christ. It may fall on deaf ears now but the seeds must still be planted. Later when he is here it is said that "the whole world will wonder after him." He will be very, very good at what he does.

Christ tells us (Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21) what will happen in those days and what is expected of us. He tells us not to fall for Satan's deceit - don't believe it is Christ. He also tells us that some of His elect (chosen ones) will be taken before Satan, in Jerusalem for a trial. What is said at that time will actually be said by the Holy Spirit through the elect.

What is said will make those seeds planted with others sprout. In other words what I'm telling you now will make sense when the Holy Spirit speaks and the ones that are supposed to will then understand and be "sealed" with God's truth. When all that are supposed to have been sealed then the true Christ comes.

...........Whirlwind

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

When I wrote that I was referring to end times.

What I'm doing now is planting seeds of truth by telling you that the anti-christ/Satan will come to earth pretending to be Christ. It may fall on deaf ears now but the seeds must still be planted. Later when he is here it is said that "the whole world will wonder after him." He will be very, very good at what he does.

Well, that much is true. He will be viewed as a "good man" by many. Another thing that most people don't realize is that his reign only turns for the worse AFTER he receives the "fatal wound to the head." So, there is a question that lingers in my mind about the Anti-Christ... Will his anger stem from being "possessed," or from the fact that someone attempts to kill him?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Well, that much is true. He will be viewed as a "good man" by many. Another thing that most people don't realize is that his reign only turns for the worse AFTER he receives the "fatal wound to the head." So, there is a question that lingers in my mind about the Anti-Christ... Will his anger stem from being "possessed," or from the fact that someone attempts to kill him?

There are two "beasts." One is from the "sea" and one from the earth.

Revelation 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

That first beast is a political system, what some term as one-worldism. Water, such as the "sea" is a metaphor for people. Horns means power and the seven heads with crowns means rulers. So....the beast rises out of the people of the nations, perhaps the seven continents and is very powerful. If all the world is part of the same political system it would be very powerful and this one gains it's power from the dragon (Satan).

That system is wounded somehow, such as the U.N. losing it's power and it is a "deadly wound" (13:3). Then....Satan himself arrives:

Revelation 13:11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth ; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon

He will have the power (horns) of Christ (the lamb) because he will be playing like he is Christ but he is the dragon - Satan/anti-christ.

13.And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.

He is supernatural and very powerful. The miraculous wonders he does, along with looking and acting like Christ will convince the world that he is Christ.....they will be taken, deceived and have no idea.

Then what we discussed earlier happens. The elect are delivered to Jerusalem, the Holy Spirit speaks through them and some will then see the truth........Then Christ comes.

........Whirlwind

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

it'd be impossible for me to swallow the idea of a loving god that gives infinite torture and pain for the crime of finite sin.

i want everyone to think about that comment... very good point... all of eternity we will be punished for actions based on sixty to eighty years.

DEUCE

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I love the part in revelations that things will get so bad there will be 'suicide boats'. Sort of trips me out.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEUCE N CHICA

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

it'd be impossible for me to swallow the idea of a loving god that gives infinite torture and pain for the crime of finite sin.

i want everyone to think about that comment... very good point... all of eternity we will be punished for actions based on sixty to eighty years.

DEUCE

First, you don't have to be one of those being punished for what you have done. The beauty of Christianity is if you love God and truly repent of your sins then they are forgiven.....they are blotted out.

Second, no one is tortured forever and ever (I believe).

Rev.19:2.For true and righteous are His judgments: for He hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of His servants at her hand."

3.And again they said, "Alleluia." And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.

The "Great Whore" is false religion. She corruptred earth because people believed in her, accepted her lies. She is done away with and all will know truth. The expression of her smoke rising up for ever doesn't mean she burns forever but that her smoke goes up and keeps on going....it is done away with, it no longer exists.

That same chapter tells us what happens to those that don't accept God as their Saviour and repent of their sins:

Rev.20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15.And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

This is at the end of the millennium, the 1,000 years when everyone will be taught without any influence from Satan. Satan has been kept locked up but will be released for a short period to tempt us again. This is the final test!

Where it says "this is the second death" that just means we have died physically but the second death is that of our souls.

Satan is thrown in the lake of fire and will never be back...he is death and hell. Depending on what we do during the millennium determines if we are in the book of life....or not. If "or not" then we are also thrown in that fire and we are no more.

........Whirlwind

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jarheadjock

Anyways, i do think there willl be a Great Trib. but i dont think it will be that extensive. The casualties from those calamities will kill billions. I dont think God would want to kill billions, maybe tens of millions but not that high. And i dont think that mulitiple asteroids would hit, maybe just 1, and that Wormwood would ignite the earthquakes and volcanoes.

Revelation 8 – RSV

10 The third angel blew his trumpet, and a great star fell from heaven, blazing like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the fountains of water. 11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died of the water, because it was made bitter.

--

Ok, with regards to Wormwood, I don't think it would ignite earthquakes and volcanoes.

According to the verse above, this star "wormwood" has a certain characteristic to it and that it made the water bitter. This is a very important clue to understand what kind of star this is. Another one characteristic to it, is that it blazes like a torch.

The only thing in space that has such characteristics is a comet. When you look at a comet, it has a tail and a coma.

Now, this looks more like a torch with a shaft and a fire on top. Remember, this was described by an ancient, so he described it as best as he can. There is no such word as a "comet" in the past. So, the best description for this is, "a star blazing like a torch".

Second characteristic is that this wormwood made the waters bitter and many died because of it. The word "bitter" here denotes poison. Wormwood - Artemisia Absinthium, is a narcotic poison.

Quote:

Pure wormwood oil is very poisonous, but with proper dosage poses little or no danger. Wormwood is mostly a stomach medicine. [1]

en.wikipedia.org...

Thus, the star was named wormwood due to its bitter poisonous content.

Interestingly, comets contain Hydrogen Cyanide, and Hydrogen Cyanide is a fatal poison.

Quote:

Hydrogen Cyanide Content of Comets

The ratios suggest there was a greater abundance of CN parent molecules in the impact produced ejecta cloud than in Tempel 1's coma prior to impact. That can be interpreted to mean that while the comet's normal outgassing originates near the surface, Deep Impact has excavated HCN-enriched material from farther below.

deepimpact.jpl.nasa.gov...

---

With all these evidences at hand, we can conclude that there will be a comet hitting the Earth and in mid-air, will explode into fragments due to it's explosive nature when in contact with air. These fragments will then hit most of our fresh water supplies and thus poisoning it. These fragments, I believe, is not massive enough to cause extinction, but enough to cause a lot of ecological damage. When Hydrogen Cyanide is mixed with water, it becomes prussic acid,

Quote:

"Prussic acid is a potent, rapidly acting poison. Signs of prussic acid poisoning can occur within 15 to 20 minutes to a few hours after animals consume the toxic forage. Animals are often found dead. Clinical signs, when noticed, occur in rapid succession. Excitement, rapid pulse, and generalized muscle tremors occur initially, followed by rapid and labored breathing, staggering, and collapse. There may be salivation (drooling), lacrimation (runny eyes) and voiding of urine and feces. The mucous membranes are usually bright pink, and the blood will be a characteristic bright cherry red."

www.ag.ndsu.edu...

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

There are two "beasts." One is from the "sea" and one from the earth.

Revelation 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

That first beast is a political system, what some term as one-worldism. Water, such as the "sea" is a metaphor for people. Horns means power and the seven heads with crowns means rulers. So....the beast rises out of the people of the nations, perhaps the seven continents and is very powerful. If all the world is part of the same political system it would be very powerful and this one gains it's power from the dragon (Satan).

True. I have said that for a long time. I think the "beast" is a form of government. The anti-Christ will be the ruler over that "beast."

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone

Ok, with regards to Wormwood, I don't think it would ignite earthquakes and volcanoes.

I always though that it was pretty much accepted that "wormwood" was the Chernobyl explosion?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

True. I have said that for a long time. I think the "beast" is a form of government. The anti-Christ will be the ruler over that "beast."

If the beast is a form of government, then wouldn't the mark be a form of ID that would identify every citizen the government has control over? Most everyone lives in a country controlled by some sort of government, and has to obey that government's rules.

When does the government ID become the mark of the beast then? Would be deceptive such as the real ID act that will be enacted in 2008 in the US? I heard it had to have a biometric form of ID such as a retinal scan or thumb print. Right hand thumb print or forehead retinal scan. Granted we will still be able to buy and sell without it. But it is dangerously close already, since people without it will not be able to go in government buildings, fly on an airplane, use a bank, or cross the border to another country.

I feel bad for those who refuse to have one, and are called in for jury duty. Think of it, they could very well be held in contempt of court for not being able to enter the building because they refused to obtain a Real ID card. Some states will not be participating in it. They may be able to walk to work or take public transportation, but how are they going to cash their checks without being able to obtain a checking account? Also, would those check cashing places also require real ID card, because the bank requires one? Not too many places pay with cash any more.

But, because I and others in other countries can still buy and sell without it, that doesn't technically make it the mark though. I don't think. I wonder if the banking part would count as not being able to buy and sell, because people wouldn't be able to cash their checks, wouldn't be able to obtain credit , or loans?

It would be dangerously close, or is it so close that it is the mark, and we just don't realize it yet? I hate to take the mark without realizing it. UGH!!! There were people back when who thought social security was the mark of the beast.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whirlwind

Can Satan decide to repent and ask forgiveness? I mean if he is an angel he gota be smart enough to know when the gig is up?

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone

I always though that it was pretty much accepted that "wormwood" was the Chernobyl explosion?

No. I totally disagree with that. First thing we have to take note is that ALL major calamities in the Bible are carried out by God through His prophets which issued the calamities.

Check every major calamities in the Bible:

1. The Flood - God through Noah
2. Sodom and Gamorrah - God through the 2 Angels
3. The Plagues of Egypt - God through Moses and Aaron
4. The End Time Plagues to come soon - God through the 2 witnesses

The end-time prophets that will warn the world will be none other than the 2 witnessess as written in the Bible. They will be the ones carrying out God's judgements and they will be the ones warning the world to repent.

Notice the pattern? God always issue the judgements through His servants.

We don't see any prophets issuing the command to destroy Chernobyl. We don't see any prophets issuing the command to destroy many parts of Asia during the Asian Tsunami. We don't see any prophets issuing the command to destroy the twin towers of 9/11.

You can see the pattern. We read about earthquakes last 200 years, we read about flooding in some parts of the world, we read about famines and pestilences eversince the black plague of Europe, we read about volcanic eruptions, we read about SARS virus, bird flu virus, and etc. We will make a huge mistake when we recognize this as God's specific judgements according to what is written in Revelations. We will get mixed up.

Whenever a huge calamity is happening today, we always attribute it to Revelation. We don't know where to recognize which is which anymore.

However, its so simple. Watch out for the 2 prophets which will make a lot of chaos, a lot of warnings, a lot of fears. They will be bold as lions. They will be public enemy numero uno. People around the world will hate them, will be offended by their messages and will try to kill them.

Then we will know that this is already God's judgements according to Revelation. The End-Time scenario.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hi all,

Sorry took so long to get back here; I will answer your questions as best I can.

Posted by 1337cshacker

I also have another philosophical question.

The bible says (at least mine in the index under heaven). It describes it as a place where you exist with god. That no sin action or sin thought can come to you as you are then separated from sin. Thus, it is impossible to sin in heaven. I would like to know how Lucifer decided to sin in heaven, as, my index makes it out to be impossible. Interesting Indeed...

This is quite simple, what allot of people don’t know or fail to understand is that God placed Lucifer/satan on earth to rule over it to begin with, this was before genesis, that’s where confusion comes in for people believe genesis tells of the beginning of everything, fossils prove this to be simply wrong. Satan was on earth at the time of the rebellion, he laid waste to earth and the surrounding planets hence genesis and God having to put things right again, don’t take my word for it, read genesis with this in mind and you will see the truth.

Mystery lady.
I'll have to disagree with you on Hell. According to Matthew 25:41 Hell is a real place prepared for the devil and his angels. Revelations 14:9-10 anyone worship the beast and accept his mark, that they will drink of God's wrath and be tormented with fire and brimstone. I believe this refers to the lake of fire mentioned in Revelations 20:14. This is a very interesting, and something I don't have a full grasp on as of yet. I may not until after I die. "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death."

From that verse, one is told that hell is different from the lake and fire. Hell and death are both cast into it. If death can be cast into it, then exactly what is death? Sometimes the Bible leaves us with more questions than answers.

Death is nothing to God, it is a fear that satan has used against us/man to turn us away from God, everyone that has died and gone over to the light are now being held in a kind of stasis until the time of the great resurrection. Satan has done a number on man kind, just think about the increase in the number of ghosts/spirits in the world right now, more than ever, this is how satan has tricked people into fearing death, they don’t want to let go so they hang in between the world of the living and Gods light fearing to enter it, confusion reigns supreme.

The second death refers to the time after the 1000 years of Gods rule on earth, satan will be unleashed from the pit with his angels to test man kind one final time, read rev 20, 14 (the second death).
The people who were first resurrected by God will be exempt from this second death (the 144,000 are part of the first resurrection).
Before the second death takes place there will be a great resurrection of billions of people, these will face the second death, they will have a second chance to experience and except Gods way of life and believe me there will be no third chance, and it will be finally over.
See how it states death and Hades (Hades in its correct translation from Greek to English is more liken to a hole in the ground, a grave) will be cast into the lake of fire, death will have no more meaning so people will not need to be buried in a grave or ever die.

Mystery lady.
Also, another interesting question to go along with everything. In Genesis 3:22, God said man is become as one of us... Exactly who is God referring to when he said us? Did he mean the trinity, or did he include the angels?

My answer to this is that satan knew exactly what he was doing, the foolish being.

If anyone would like me to clarify what I have said please just ask.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

AmItheone, I am sure that you will disagree, but you have to put all of those things in the context of when they happened. What our minds think the bible means by something and what it actually mean are all too often, completely different things.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
gee, it certainly makes you want to be one of the 144,000 chosen,

protons electrons always cause explosions.

lol, an old wu tang / rza throwback from 1992..

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

AmItheone, I am sure that you will disagree, but you have to put all of those things in the context of when they happened. What our minds think the bible means by something and what it actually mean are all too often, completely different things.

I made a lot of research on those and read all the mid trib, pre, post, etc. There so many things left out and they just don't connect with the other Bible chapters. In order to understand Revelation accurately, you need to get all the books of the Bible integrated. Don't leave one behind. The common thing that I read is that they concentrate too much on Daniel while neglecting Isaiah, Amos, Joel, Obadiah, and etc. These books, according to my research are all interconnected with Revelations. They are the keys to open the locked doors of Revelations.

If we don't include the books of the Old Testament, we will get the wrong understanding as one will force himself to formulate their own scenario because they stumbled upon a locked door.

I took up classes in Bible hermeneutics, so everything is in their proper context, not copy and paste make your own theology kind of thing. The Bible tends to have parallel verses belonging to different books and chapters, worded differently, but belongs to the same scenerio, each chapter or books when combined contributes and reveals the whole picture to enable us to understand clearly.

[edit on 29-10-2007 by amitheone]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
gee, it certainly makes you want to be one of the 144,000 chosen,

protons electrons always cause explosions.

lol, an old wu tang / rza throwback from 1992..

But, not all of us are ethnic Jews. I don't think you would want to be one of the 144,000 because they will be the ones left behind for a moment in the Great Tribulation while the true christians are already caught up in heaven.

After that, God will cut short those days because of them and will gather them up.

And then, comes the Wrath of the Lamb, the second coming. He will come with tens of thousands of His saints to battle with the forces of evil. This is a very terrible day as many will be slaughtered.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

IN each example you sited God removes believers as I believe will happen in rapture.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects

IN each example you sited God removes believers as I believe will happen in rapture.

Yes. There's one rapture and one gathering - rapturing of the true christians before the second coming of Jesus - from mortal to immortal and the gathering of the 144,000 ethnic Jews on the second coming of Jesus who believed in Jesus Christ and became christians as well.

The true christians will be removed from this Great Tribulation as the whole world will experience the worst cosmic disturbances where the Earth will burn like an oven. If these days was not cut short, no one will survive, but for the sake of the elect, He shortened the days.

The Rapture will happen just before the 7th trumpet blasts and the 7th Plague starts. Included in this rapture are the 2 witnesses who was slayed by the beast.

[edit on 30-10-2007 by amitheone]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join