It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof: Pyramids manmade

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ok I always thought the pyramids have to be alien influenced or even made. However if you look at the pyramid of Dashur, the bent pyramid you can see imperfections.

They had to change the design during the building because the structure was collapsing under the weight. I find it hard to believe that a race who has mastered intergalactic travel would make an error like this in the starting stages.

There is a evolution of pyramids also, the Pharoahs originally had a big slab of rock to house their corpses, then someone went "hey, I want alot of slabs on top of each other". This was eventually refined from a step pyramid to the smooth limestone covered ones.

People talk about the joins also, saying that you cannot put a credit card in the cracks. However, couldn't thousands of years of immense pressure possibly tighten the joins.

I really want to be proven wrong, however the evidence suggest that they're created from flawed humans.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I would agree that pyramids are man-made, and not created by some super-race of aliens. Still, they are magnificent structures and true feats of humanity. Would've been awesome to see the completion of one of the pyramids at Giza and partake in the ceremonies.

-Warlo

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Sneferu is responsible for Pyramid building. He was the first Pharaoh of the 4th Dynasty, and his sons and grandsons were responsible for building the three pyramids at Giza.

Before Sneferu, step pyramids were common, but he wanted something a little different, so beginning with the step pyramid at Meidum, Sneferu attempted to fill in the steps with limestone casing in order to make a true pyramid. Due to an architectural flaw, the limestone casing was not sufficiently anchored into the body of the pyramid, which rested on the surface of the inner step pyramid. The stones began slipping and resulted in the first technological disaster in history. After abandoning the site at Meidum, and noting the mistakes made, Sneferu had another pyramid constructed at Dahshur. Today, this pyramid is known as The Bent Pyramid for the reason that in the middle of construction, the architect had to change the pyramid’s incline from fifty-four degrees to forty-three degrees due to it being too unstable and in danger of collapse. Even after construction, the pyramid was still considered unusable as tomb for the Pharaoh Sneferu. Instead of abandoning the site at Dahshur, Sneferu had another pyramid built less than twenty miles away, which is referred to today as the Red Pyramid. This pyramid became Sneferu’s final resting place, and it is regarded as the first true pyramid; it would be the model for successive pyramids built by his fourth dynasty successors.

His son Khufu is responsible for construction of the Great Pyramid - which was only able to be built do to his father's trial and error routine. Khufu's son, Khafre built the second largest Pyramid there, (The one with the limestone apex still intact, it only looks bigger because it sits on 10m elevation compared to the other two) and the other one was built by Khafre's son, Menkaure.

It's all from the old kingdom, the 4th dynasty. The idea that the ancient egyptions couldn't carve straight lines is preposterous. They creating stone carvings as elegant as any from the Roman era.

It should also be noted that the classical fluted column design that is attributed to the Greeks and Romans was used by the Ancient Egyptians thousands of years before the birth of Greek civilization. The fluted columns themselves originally represented a bundle of reeds.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It was never said that every pyramid was not man made. Some are though.

edit:

Also, I dont believe the aliens built any/all of the pyramids themselves, but rather guided the people as to how to build some of them (hence the pyramid drawings of ufo's and aliens).

The humans could have simply made a mistake... also you say "I find it hard to believe that a race who has mastered intergalactic travel would make an error like this in the starting stages. " but that doesnt mean they would be 100% perfect in anything they make, they also cant choose whether certain stones have imperfections and the like.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by isitmagic]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think aliens were completely involved in (at least) the biggest pyramid. The other ones could've been a human monument to teh construction.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I don't believe aliens built any pyramids because of the vast distances they would have to travel. It's more likely that someone on earth figured it out and then taught others, IMO.

Is there definitive proof that the Great pyramid was built after the misshapen one (i cant remember the location)? It could be that the misshapen one is a poor-man's attempt at greatness.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by isitmagic
Also, I dont believe the aliens built any/all of the pyramids themselves, but rather guided the people as to how to build some of them (hence the pyramid drawings of ufo's and aliens).

Presumably, you're thinking from the "primitive Egyptians could never have done this" perspective?

Its rather funny really, cause it still apply today. Go to some US town and see a fat guy wearing only pants standing outside his dump of a house yelling at the neighbour and you can come to a simple conclusion: These people could never have build the Luxor hotel in Las Vegas (aka the modern great pyramid). Alien intervention sound pretty reasonable all of a sudden.

Its all about perspectives. Egyptians in general where primitive, living in adobes and worshipping Gods they thought was as real as anything. But there where engineers, scholars and artisans too. They are the ones that have left the legacy of Egypt, yet people only see the primitive masses instead.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by merka]

posted on Oct, 18 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.C.Benjamin
Is there definitive proof that the Great pyramid was built after the misshapen one (i cant remember the location)? It could be that the misshapen one is a poor-man's attempt at greatness.

It was built at Dashur.

There are records, stelae, in the Chapel in front of the bent Pyramid that tells it was created by/for Sneferu.

Remeber that the Bent Pyramid was created after Sneferu first attempted to fill in the steps of a step pyramid with limestone casing. His own name may have been inspiration for this, as in Egyptian, it means "To make beautiful." Merely 20 miles away from the Bent Pyramid is the Red Pyramid, which itself is almost just as large as the Great Pyramid and there is definitive proof that Sneferu was responsible for building it.

The Red Pyramid was around 343 feet high, while each side measured 722 feet.

The Great Pyramid was around 452 feet high, while each side was 756 feet.

It's only 109 feet higher and each side is almost the same length! People think you need aliens to do that! It's nonsense.

Look: If aliens helped create the pyramids, then they helped Sneferu create the first tecnological disaster by having the limestone casing of the step pyramid fall off, then they helped him build a screwed up bent pyramid, and finially the red pyramid. I guess the aliens were using trial and error! So they introduced that? Some alien technology! Whoopee, we got trial and error from the aliens!!

Everyone claiming that there are pictures of aliens in the Pyramids might be insane. They all picture the "aliens" (who resemble humans completely, except for a slighty enlogated skull - which was most likely just a headdress or a flaw of the artist, in a subserviant role, such as guiding a chariot for someone - hinting that it was a HELMET. There are only a few of these anomolies out of tens of thousands of glyphs.

The "alledged" picture of the Grey that is floating around - look here:
www.catchpenny.org...

As for the alledged UFO and Helicopter glyph - which is only found in ONE section of writing in ONE particular temple, look at this link:
www.catchpenny.org...

Hey, they talk about beings coming from the sky? They also worshiped the son as a god and thought he went into the underworld every night on a barge to battle demons - but only if he could get past the giant serpent trying to eat him!!

All 3 famous pyramids at Giza are from the Dynasty of Sneferu - his son, grandson, and great grandson. Evidence found in the mortuary temples and satellite pyramids confirms this. The Great Pyramid has all of its five relieving chambers inscribed with the name of Khufu - Sneferu's son.

After The Great Pyramid was built, the other two were built by Khufu's son and grandson.

The NWO is quite real, but sorry, no aliens in Egypt!!

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

So aliens could not have taught the egyptians to build as well?
The egyptians built some, but that was after the aliens built some as well... or at least after the ETs helped in some way or another.

BTW, the drawings of the aliens speak for themselves, there are many hints about it, not just a human with an enlarged skull...

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitmagic
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

So aliens could not have taught the egyptians to build as well?
The egyptians built some, but that was after the aliens built some as well... or at least after the ETs helped in some way or another.

BTW, the drawings of the aliens speak for themselves, there are many hints about it, not just a human with an enlarged skull...

hmzzz

www.thehiddenrecords.com...

and then

www.thehiddenrecords.com...

Lets say the Egyptians made them by hand. Then you maybe can say they knew something about mars too ?!?!

This is no hard statement of course. But well.. something is weird here. It also answer the question: Where does all the knowledge come from?
Most of the good investigations about the ancient Egyptians point to an advanced civilication BEFORE the egyptians. Read here for example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It only seems to hard for most people to imagine this possibily. We have to search on mars and not on the earth...

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I would like to continue along the lines of benign.psychosis.
Below is an systematic explanation of how the pyramids were built. I do not want to get into great detail (that would take many posts!) I will provide summary facts. Please read this before simply concluding 'the aliens built them'.

It is first important to mention the 3rd dynasty step pyramid created supposedly by Djoser.
This pyramid was built in stages:
It started off as a mastaba tomb, a common 1st and 2nd dynasty royal tomb.
It was then enlarged and the three smaller mastabas were built on top to make it a 4 step pryramid.
Then it was enlarged further and two more steps were built on top to make it a 6 stepped pyramid.
- See the picture with the different stages of building highlighted:

Other step pyramids were built after Djsoer in Dynasty 3, such as Sekhemkhet's (which wasn’t finished) and the pyramid at Zawiyet el-Aryan using the blue prints learnt from the construction of Djoser’s pyramid.

Then come the Dynasty 4 pyramids.
Snefru built the 'bent' pyramid at Dahshur, a time of continuing experimentation with pyramid building, as is evident with how the pyramid turned out.
The pyramid was built with 60 degree angles but was too steep and therefore the pyramid was enlarged to lessen the angle. Problems still occurred and about half way the masons changed the building technique due these problems so the sides slope decreased somewhat, which gives the pyramid its bend.

Snefru's other pyramid at Meduim was built in stages. It was first a stepped pyramid (like Djosers, but with much better engineering and a steeper angle). It was then covered and faced to become a true pyramid. Although today only part of the stepped construction remains.
-see the picture with different stages of construction:

Snefru then built the 'red' pyramid at Dashur. Learning from the mistakes of the bent pyramid, the masons built the pyramid at a gentler slope and by this time had a good plan of how to construct the pyramid.

Thus by Khufu's time (who build the great pyramid at Giza), nearly 100 years after Djoser's Step pyramid, the masons in Egypt had a blue print of how a pyramid should be built, they had enough experience and expertise with building pyramids that they could build Khufu's 'great' pyramid at Giza.

Through the above explanation I hope you see how the true pyramid 'evolved' through the Egyptian 3rd-4th dynasties. With such an evolution from Djosers pyramid to Khufu's and looking at the pyramids in between, it is very doubtful the pyramids were anything other then man-made because of the stages and experimentation the pyramid went through over these two dynasties to become what you see at Giza. If the aliens did build them, then why did it take so many pyramids to get it right? Sounds like human experimentation in building technique to me!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lemox
Sounds like human experimentation in building technique to me!

Yep. For some reason the "aliens-built-it" fans has forgotten the concept of experimentation. Today, people assume that ancient engineers instantly knew everything it seems, just like we can go and learn advanced engineering in like 3 years.

Most ancient constructions are the result of HUNDREDS of years of first hand knowledge, directly passed down from master to apprentice.

top topics

join