It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a Reminder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This Friday October 12

Just a reminder for all you ufo (and Springer) fans. 9:00 pm. EST

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
A little late, AND A BETTER TITLE WOULD HAVE HELPED, but I am on it now. It is on again at 1:00AM EST for those who are late.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by Grey Basket]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Thanks, I guess I'll have to wait till 12 AM to catch the entire program.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
For those that miss it, the show, on Travel Channel, appears to be repeated tomorrow morning (Sat 10/13) at 10AM.

I must say I'm amazed that the TC is airing a 'new' show.

Mark Allin shows up at the show's beginning and then again at 0:25-0:28, and briefly at 0:51. He looks good and comes across very well. Kudos!

(minor quibble)
At the beginning Mark makes a comment that many others have echoed, but that I find mildly annoying since it confuses the issues. That is the oft repeated phrase 'it's arrogant to assume that we're alone' or words to that effect.

Sure there's other life in the Universe, but it's a far cry to go from other life (bacterial, pre-biotic, etc.) to suggesting that ET visitation to Earth is probable and denial of same is arrogant. (I doubt that's what Mark is suggesting, it's just a pet peeve).
(/minor quibble)

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
It should also be on again @ 10:00pm pacific time for us people on the west coast.

If we get alot of new members from this we need to welcome our new members with open arms and show them the way, but lets be carefull not to scare anybody away either.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Basket
A little late, AND A BETTER TITLE WOULD HAVE HELPED, but I am on it now. It is on again at 1:00AM EST for those who are late.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by Grey Basket]

Setting my computers DVR now to record it... thanks for the info!

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Just finished watching it, Go Springer!!! Go ATS!!!

Great job Springer, you told it like it is and with enthusiasm. You where not as stiff as the other guys.

Was that really Bob Lazar?

I thought that he was hiding in a shell or something.

It is a very exiting time to be a member of ATS.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
(minor quibble)
At the beginning Mark makes a comment that many others have echoed, but that I find mildly annoying since it confuses the issues. That is the oft repeated phrase 'it's arrogant to assume that we're alone' or words to that effect.

Sure there's other life in the Universe, but it's a far cry to go from other life (bacterial, pre-biotic, etc.) to suggesting that ET visitation to Earth is probable and denial of same is arrogant. (I doubt that's what Mark is suggesting, it's just a pet peeve).
(/minor quibble)

Oh, that is a pet peeve of mine, too.

A few years ago a buddy of mine came over while some of us were watching a program about UFOs. He asked me if I believed any of this stuff and I said that I haven't seen any credible evidence of extra-terrestrial beings having visited Earth. He, of course, then asked: "So, do you really believe that life doesn't exist on any planet in this galaxy other than on Earth?" I stared at him for a moment and he said: "I guess those are two very different questions, aren't they?"

Yep.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuning Spork

Exactly. Some neophytes tend to conflate 'Universe' with galaxy when reciting the Drake equation, also. In addition they mis-quote the tenant, which is the probability of communicating sentient civilizations in the Milky Way Galaxy, not the probability of visitation.

Thus, when you realize Drake's computed probability of communicating civilizations ranges from less than one (per galaxy) to about 10-100, the potential for -visitation- drops off quite rapidly.

I hurry to add that this does not take into account visitation by dimensional beings or beings from the 'future', (or underground beings, yada, yada).

Again, being human-derived, it's not without flaws but it's a starting point.

Thanks for the backup!

new topics

top topics

join