It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last night, I videotaped a shape shifting planet?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Last night(10-11-07) at about 2:30am, I was minding my own business when I saw an extremely out of this world very bright yellowish light going on and off while traveling like a plane at a low altitude while heading slightly down and then it disappeared behind the trees in the distance. I was right next to the only airport in the city so I waited for this plane to land. I waited and waited and waited but still no plane in the area. I thought that was strange that the "plane's" light was acting weird and then it didn't land at the airport or fly out of the trees in the distance.

I've seen very strange light phenomena in that same area ounce in a while in that same exact area, but when it happens it only lasts from about 3 seconds to 12 seconds ounce in an entire night. As usual, I didn't have enough time to take out my super zoom Sony digital video camera. I decided to take out my video camera anyways. I noticed a very bright planet and then later zoomed in on it to make sure it was a planet. I was surprised to see that it was changing shape so I starting recording it. I have like 990x zoom with auto focus and record it so that fills up most of the view finder screen. The footage clearly shows an old shaped planet like light holding it's shape and then slowly changing to be roundish. I plan to upload the footage when I figure out the easiest way to do it. I'm not used to uploading video.

Here are some similar phenomena videos:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

The first video is closest to what I recorded, but mine is much more clearer, upclose, and in detail with color. What I saw was something that sometimes shows a detailed pattern while most of the time goes back to being just a solid light. At times, it showed pointed indentions in it's mostly circular shape. There was light shining a bit more in some areas of it than others. After it stopped acting weird like this, I just stopped filming.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by realanswers]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
YouTube

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Get that video up there OP, sounds amazing! Last poster is right, the easiest way is Youtube to upload. They can basically walk you thru it once you sign on w/ them. Can't wait to see it!

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga

Get that video up there OP, sounds amazing! Last poster is right, the easiest way is Youtube to upload. They can basically walk you thru it once you sign on w/ them. Can't wait to see it!

Yes, I have a Youtube account. It's easy when the video file is already on the Internet, but my dilema is getting it uploading to a computer. I may have to go to a Kinko's to do it. I was also going to video tape the same location in the daylight to show that there were not any trees to hinder to footage.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
...well, try to post this video this weekend should you get to Kinkos to
transfer it off your computer.... you don't have a USB connection from
the camera? Sounded like you got a new-type of camera and could do
it yourself.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by realanswers

I have like 990x zoom with auto focus and record it so that fills up most of the view finder screen. The footage clearly shows an old shaped planet like light holding it's shape and then slowly changing to be roundish.

990 times zoom? With auto focus? I can tell you if this information is even remotely close to accurate whatever you were attempting to record is going to be so heavy in camera artifacts that you will be able to see damn near anything you want when you view it, lol.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I know IgnoretheFacts, that's an awesome camera - should they not
be able to upload without having to goto a copy center? Seems like it
should be no problem....

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The first one to me it looks like to does to a lot of users on YouTube, lights off, torches on the wall camera in hand

[edit on 13-10-2007 by eRauzed]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I've seen something that looks very similar to that. In fact I have watched it until the sun

rises and light is shed upon what it is. I saw a grey triangle shaped object. I believe it

to be some type of high altitude surveillance object. The constantly shifting colors may

have something to do with the energy that keeps it aloft. I have observed an object

like that at night that tends to go move in tight clockwise circles and counter clockwise

circles. Also you tend to see these objects in mountainous areas. I definitely believe

these things are up there but I don't believe they are from outer space. Whatever

it is everybody is seeing is from earth. Just my opinion, I hope this helps out

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

I have like 990x zoom with auto focus and record it so that fills up most of the view finder screen. The footage clearly shows an old shaped planet like light holding it's shape and then slowly changing to be roundish.

990 times zoom? With auto focus? I can tell you if this information is even remotely close to accurate whatever you were attempting to record is going to be so heavy in camera artifacts that you will be able to see damn near anything you want when you view it, lol.

Yes, I use my video camera to see things very far away instead of my binoculars because of the super zoom. I tried uploading it on Youtube but it failed because not many places can upload VOB video files which is what it is. I just downloaded a VOB to mpeg video file convertor so I should have this footage available online soon.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Indeed, what I saw in the first video (as I didn't bother to see the rest) clearly showed a focus "artifact"; I know how stuff looks like when they get out of focus. But I'm still looking forward to see the OPs video.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I had a very hard time converting, sizing, and moving the video file around to get it on Youtube, but I finally did it. It will take a while for it to post, at least it will be ready tomorrow. The Youtube video title is called; "Shapeshifting planet or UFO?"

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
EDIT: i misread post..

[edit on 10/13/2007 by 3rdeye]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Is the zoom on your camera the 20x optical, 990x digital?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
prolly a mini dv or one of those small dvd ones

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Here's the OP video: .

[edit on 14/10/2007 by internos]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Looks like the moon to me. Just goes to show how crappy you're video camera is.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
Just goes to show how crappy you're video camera is.

how nasty

maybe we are not all rich like you and can afford the best equipment

his video camera is not as crappy as your post

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
His video camera is of low quality, that's reality. I can afford a nice one, but that is not making me say that. To claim what he wants to claim, then present evidence of this quality degrades the claim. Poor quality camera, focused on a light at night, with horrible video compression by someone who clearly does not understand computers or correct video shooting, editing, or even photography and DV video basics, makes this a wash until he can get better evidence.

Go ahead, hate me for stating the obvious.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

His video camera is of low quality, that's reality. I can afford a nice one, but that is not making me say that. To claim what he wants to claim, then present evidence of this quality degrades the claim. Poor quality camera, focused on a light at night, with horrible video compression by someone who clearly does not understand computers or correct video shooting, editing, or even photography and DV video basics, makes this a wash until he can get better evidence.

Go ahead, hate me for stating the obvious.

i do agree that his camera is not of good quality
but i think someone saying "just goes to show how crappy you're video camera is" is a little offensive.
we all have to start some where

as for hating you for stating the obvious, no, that is why i joined ATS
but i believe there is two ways of doing things
the crappy way, which is becoming the norm on ATS
and then the nicer way, the way you done. at least you let him know "why" and not just run his video camera down.

chickenfeet

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join