It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope told 'survival of world' at stake if Muslims and Christians do not make peace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Pope told 'survival of world' at stake if Muslims and Christians do not make peace

www.timesonline.co.uk

The "survival of the world" is at stake if Muslims and Christians do not make peace with each other, leaders of the Muslim world will warn the Pope and other Christian leaders today.

In an unprecedented open letter signed by 138 leading scholars from every sect of Islam, the Muslims plead with Christian leaders "to come together with us on the common essentials of our two religions" and spell out the similarities between passages of the Bible and the Koran.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Are the Muslims getting a little worried about the backlash thats growing against them, or is this just a ploy to get some 'normal' publicity??

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
They are trying to avoid Armagedon. Don't even know if Islam has such a concept.

I do know however, that the idea of any religion is peace (hypocricy is also part of any religion) and most of them also have a 'last day', an end of the world.

So my guess is they just want to push the end a little further.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   
First there was Pope Pius XII and his concordant with Hitler. So, now we have a NAZI Pope who is going to be allied with Muslims!?!?

Catholicism is a shoot-off from Judaism thats why they have an Old and New Testament. Jesus Christ was a Jewish man.....that fact is not brought up too much. In my opinion, this is just another way of perpetuating a strategic tactic against the Jewish Community as well as ALL Americans.

The Koran mentions Jesus Christ many times.....but the few passages I've read do not paint him in a good light. Although the Vatican may simply be interested in the fact that Jesus is mentioned in the Koran and, therefore, proves his existence.

There is more to this story than simply, "let's all just get along!"

I believe that all religions have their personal value to the individuals that are members of each sect. I do not believe that one religion is better than the next. BUT, I would never want to be a party to the Vaticans trying to do away with the Jewish Religion or Jewish men, women, and children as well as Americans!!!!!

The reality here is that the Vatican is its own STATE. The Vatican has Catholics in every nation. I've stated on another threat that my belief is that the Vatican is a business first.....their interest is power, control, and wealth!!! They have dominated any other religion in terms of changing government policies, lobbyists, etc. They are corrupt! Where is their ties to the Muslims? Why are Muslims suddenly contacting the Pope? It makes me sick at the atrocities that the Vatican has done for decades against humanity and all supposedly in the name of God!

The Catholic Churches around the globe may or may not know the Vaticans intent but they are informed of what to do and what not to do. Hence, the cover-up of pedophille priests and who knows what else that none of us are aware of as of yet.

I hope that American people don't fall for this so-called act of peacemaker by the Pope. America has enough trouble with Bush as president. We may never be able to help ourselves from the Bush secret dealings that will shatter all our lives. For me, the Vatican wants Americans on their knees not in prayer, but to beg him for mercy after the truth comes out of what he has done to undermine America right under our noses.

History repeats itself one more time!!!!!

Rubyteacup

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubyteacup
The Koran mentions Jesus Christ many times.....but the few passages I've read do not paint him in a good light.

Care to post those passages?

Would you also like to tell us why two faiths coming together to promote peace and understanding is a bad thing?

Originally posted by Chorlton
Are the Muslims getting a little worried about the backlash thats growing against them, or is this just a ploy to get some 'normal' publicity??

Yes, anytime a Muslim asks for peace, it's a ploy to get on TV.
Seriously, moderate Muslims rarely get a chance to speak out against violence and promote peace in any media (the internet being the sole exception, and that's not including the main news websites). News networks would much rather post a video of crowds shouting anger in the streets and burning flags, rather crowds shouting for peace in the streets and waving flags.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubyteacup

I always thought Islam regarded Christ as a somewhat important prophet ? Not exactly in the Mohamed stakes, but a prophet nonetheless...

Peace ?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
I always thought Islam regarded Christ as a somewhat important prophet ? Not exactly in the Mohamed stakes, but a prophet nonetheless...
Peace ?

Jesus, like all other prophets in Islam is held in the same respect and regard as Muhammad. This means from Adam to Muhammad, all prophets are viewed as the same in honor, none being above the other in hierarchy. Only difference between the prophets is the time in which they revealed their message. Muslims believe Adam was the first prophet, and Muhammad is the last.

[edit on 12-10-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubyteacup

Birth from a virgin:
Jesus, against laws of the nature, was born from a virgin, without having an earthly father. Qur'an states that when Gabriel spoke to Mary regarding the birth of a son, she said: "How could it be possible while I am still a virgin, and had no contact with any man?(4)". And it continues: "God put his spirit in Mary and she obeyed God and became pregnant."(5)
Completeness and Holiness of Jesus:
Qur'an confesses Jesus to be sinless and holy. It portrays him as perfect and sanctified. Gabriel told Mary:"His son is without sin."(6)
Jesus as preemptor of the world:
As Quran states: Jesus is the only one who can intercede with God about people.(7)

Acts which can be done only by God:
According to Quran, only God can give life to creatures. Human being can not even create a fly. (8)...It talks about Jesus:" He breath into a mud and created a bird". (9) Quran states that only God can bring life to a dead body. (10) and later it points out that only Jesus had such a power.

Above is what the Koran is saying about Jesus.
Not in a very good light?
Yes please tell us.

kacou

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Ohhhh...ok

I realised Christ was an important prophet to Islam, as were all the Judaic prophets...I didn't realise they are all equal in standing and Muhammad was the last...

Thanks for that DJ, would never have learned that if not for ATS

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
They are trying to avoid Armagedon. Don't even know if Islam has such a concept.

Yeah, it's called Qiyaamah. worldwatcher has got a thread on it here.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Well obviously you have read more passages from the Koran than me. Happy to know that you believe in your faith.

However, I will stand by what I have said! History repeats itself!

And as far as the Koran......I may have read through around 30 pages or so, it was many years ago....

I think the Americans of the U.S. have enough to worry about. I would like nothing more for Bush to come on TV today and announce that our troops are being pulled out of the Middle East.....unfortunately, it won't happen.

By the way, I have never gotten into posting passages from the Bible nor any other religious book. I don't believe it backs up your argument or mine.......facts in any religious book have changed from their original intent whatever that may have been. I am more likely to believe a persons opinion based on their experience and based on an individuals spirituallity or faith.....so if it brings you comfort and peace....then that is a very good thing!!!!

Rubyteacup

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubyteacup
Well obviously you have read more passages from the Koran than me. Happy to know that you believe in your faith.

Rubyteacup

I don’t know who you are referring to but I am not Muslim.
You can see a thread that I have posted there www.abovetopsecret.com...
I do agree about the rest of your reply.

Kacou.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Originally posted by Chorlton

Yes, anytime a Muslim asks for peace, it's a ploy to get on TV.
Seriously, moderate Muslims rarely get a chance to speak out against violence and promote peace in any media (the internet being the sole exception, and that's not including the main news websites). News networks would much rather post a video of crowds shouting anger in the streets and burning flags, rather crowds shouting for peace in the streets and waving flags.

Hmm well I dont know whereabouts in the world you are but they sure get an awfull lot of publicity here in the UK.
I recently had a friend from the South of France stay with us and he was totally amazed at how much publicity they get, along with their festivals and national days compared to the UK.
In England if you are English you get discriminated against.
A pub in the UK got an extended licence a few years ago to celebrate St Patricks Day. When a nearby pub asked for an extension to celebrate St georges day it was refused.
At the moment we have the Muslim festival of EID and the prpeparations all over the TV where I live. Considering the total percentage of Muslims to non muslims in the UK they get an inordinate amount of publicity

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
the Pope is just making Theatrical-Posturing...
the statement was made on the eve of the Nobel Peace Prize Award

talk about either grandstanding for this years prize
or
getting name recognition & name association with an amazing unity of religion meme...
just when Al Gore's 'global warming' spiel shares the 2007 Peace-Prize,

making the Pope's message more credible & substantial when
compared to the half-truths & spinns of Gores' movies & carbon credits schemes that won a share of this years prize.

it's all just politics, & one-upsmanship, to my perspective....
its posturing for the 2008 prize since the 2007 Peace Prize eluded him

[edit on 12-10-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I do believe if there is a end to our civilization for reasons other than natural causes, religious fundamentalism will play a major factor. Bush did, right after 9/11 and the invasion of Afghanistan called it a crusade, it would be the forth such crusade against the Arab world.

The Arab world is on the brink of becoming a Nuclear Arab/Islamic world, Pakistan already is there, who knows how long it will take Iran to reach that level. I would wager that other Islamic states have secret nuclear research programs going, I have no link its just my opinion.

Iran kept it's nuclear programs secret for 18 years before their current president announced to the world what they were doing.

Christian and Islamic fanatics wish to bring about the End Times, and they will kill billions to make this happen. Ask any Christian if they wished this world would end, and watch their eyes light up, and how excited and happy they would be if this happened.

join