It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The influence of Television.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
How many of you have considered the fact that the government may be using certain signals to manipulate your thoughts greatly just by sending them through your TV sets?

I haven't owned a Television set in over 20 years, so I am curious as to how many of you own one.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
A good television has it's radiation shielded. That prevents electromagnetic radiation from influencing you. The only other other 'signals' you might mean, is subliminal messaging. There is absolutely no empirical evidence that supports subliminal messaging.

How do you the government doesn't use the internet to influence you as well?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Better crawl back under that rock you were under...its MUCH safer, Dr Smith! TELL-A-VISION, the name should provide the first clue. I, myself dont think its likely they are sending "signals" through the t.v. sets because they
seem content LYING to us in the "OPEN". If you have enough money its perfectly ok to mis-lead/mis-speak...
really...........i aint liyin'!

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Knowing exactly how a tv works, as well as the transmission and reception of signals, I can say the likelyhood of this is near nil.

Dis-information is the real likely choice, whether on TV or the Internet.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
yeah, all that I could think possible would be subliminal messaging. But there cant possibly b subliminal messaging, otherwise epeleptics all over the world would suddenly have simultaneous fits while they were watching the TV. Bit fishy? Yeah, government probably lies openly, or uses subtle ways of suggesting things (like through cartoons etc.). I also have a little sister - she gets completely braniwashed by any advert she sees. An advert comes on - when its finished I suddenly hear 'Mom!! Can I get...'. Every time.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
Knowing exactly how a tv works, as well as the transmission and reception of signals, I can say the likelyhood of this is near nil.

You only know what you are allowed to know.

Don't underestimate the power of a highly powerful government.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dugzdanglindiner
Better crawl back under that rock you were under...its MUCH safer, Dr Smith!

Why resort to insults? Are you truly that weak?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I don't think tv is being used for subliminal messages, but rather simple bombardment with certain ideas. We see the political ads on tv, road signs on the highway, hear it on the tv, and see it in the news papers. Surely that bombardment isint meant just for the heck of its, its aiming at getting people to vote for this candidate or that. Add in imagery associating a person or item with a certain feeling or emotion, and then hammer that into the brain over and over. Eventually it becomes a groove in your brain, and when you hear the name of the product or candidate you make the unconsious connection with the associated emotion or feeling, and voila, suggestion has occured. After all, the best place to hide something is in plain sight, so why not do it in the open for everyone to see and dismiss?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
"How many of you have considered the fact that the government may be using certain signals to manipulate your thoughts greatly just by sending them through your TV sets?

I haven't owned a Television set in over 20 years, so I am curious as to how many of you own one. "

To late dude I think they already got to you

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smith
You only know what you are allowed to know.

Don't underestimate the power of a highly powerful government.

I understand what you are suggesting, but a highly powerful government cannot change the knowledge I have of electronic circuits, and a TV is very limited in what signals it can process. The filtering and tuning circuits involved in the RF and IF sections of a TV do not pass but almost exact frequencies it is designed to receive, and anything outside of a narrow band will be filtered out electronically as noise.

Now a 20 year old TV may be more tolerant of rogue signals, but there are not many of those around anymore.

[Edited on 25-1-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

but if screens like this come out its cool.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Oh mighty TV, master of all, I give to you this sacrifice of tapioca pudding, which represents my brain, bathe me in thy light! Let your poetic marketing fill my brain cavity. Rejoice in the name of Extended Cable. Amen!

doh hit reply on accident...

Anyways, yeah I agree the TV has unlimited amounts of subliminal signals, everything you see and hear on TV is a product BEGGING you for your Dollars.

Mark, now thats a TV worthy of Worship!

[Edited on 25-1-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think the primary problem with television is selective programming. I own a television, but I use it for video games and movies. I do not watch tv or the junk that 'someone' wants me to watch. I have four or five fuzzy channels, so that's another reason not to watch.
It's funny that you posted this topic, since I just purchased a badass new TV for my games and movies. WOOHOO!

top topics

join