It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SSSC *** Enslaved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Here goes. I hope you all enjoy this as much as I have enjoyed the others.

The rain was pouring down so hard it hurt to be standing in it, But there was nothing I could do. Avoiding the largest puddles to at least keep my feet from getting soaked was a small thing I could focus on. A glance up revealed lightning blasting through the sky. It was a horrid sky with smoke and burnt trees. The man on the moon had a wicked grin now.

My hand touched and turned a knob to gain entry into something. It felt smooth, hard, cold and metallic. Air blasted out towards me as a door opened. I could feel magnetics below my feet working on me. As I walked the floor repelled my feet upwards and then back down. It seemed more like floating.

The stench of rotting flesh filled my nose and then my pores. It seemed to fill me as no smell ever had before. I wanted to tear off my nose , but the assault just kept coming, tearing at my mind and soul. Then my body sat.

Something came to rest upon my tongue that I cannot describe fully. It was alive and moving. Wiggling around with the foulest trail of sticky liquid that tasted of sulfur and tar. But like nothing I can truly describe for I had never tasted such a thing before. My stomach wanted to lurch and expel what was in me, but nothing came forth.

Voices I could not comprehend at first were chattering. Strange clicking and clacking, in between the words, caused me to jolt at each one, like a prod. Each sound forcing me to straighten and bend, like a water hose when turned on.

I had wanted many things that never manifested.
Who was I? A question I had not asked my self enough, was now moot.

My eyes came to rest upon a mirror. There was no face to speak of, only an oval shaped gravel laced egg. I could not tell which crater I looked from, there seemed to be many and aspects changed with each. Claws attached to a length of tentacle scratched at the mirror. They seemed to be searching for a memory of something that had been before.
Turning away from the grotesque monstrosity before me I lifted my... My legs had changed into something more like two snake tails. They allowed me to move but not to swiftly.

As the robot performs its programmed duties, I turned to the hillside. Using my tools I extracted the minerals from the planet and placed them in the crates to be transported to the Ship. Elevated platforms carried the crates off. What moved them I could not fathom. I turned back to the hillside. When the light came up we headed back to the place we slept.
I closed my many eyes and shut down.
There seemed to be a small light inside of me that begged the question: What is that? Why did I work? Who did I work for? Is there something more then than this?
Blackness followed but never fully extinguished the light. So that even in the darkest of places I traveled, there was a small amount of light, and a question.

mtmind

[edit on 11-10-2007 by mtmind]

[edit on 11-10-2007 by mtmind]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Wow, you've got a nice descriptive style. Very good story mtmind.

mojo

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Thanks Mojo :-)

I really enjoyed your Apophis as well. I have always had a fascination with egyptian stories.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I will be watching you in the future, you have a writing style that I love to read, thankyou for joining the party!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
You made me taste the sulphur and tar and smell the rotting flesh too

that being said, your story was very well written. Love your descriptive style. I enjoyed.

new topics

top topics

join