It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nick Pope Article FYI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I just read this interview article with Nick Pope and just posting it here in case you might have missed this:

Opening the X-files: inside Britain’s UFO Project

Are we all alone in the universe? Nick Pope, former head of the government’s UFO investigations, isn’t so sure. He talks to Raf Sanchez about the great ‘unexplained’.

To conspiracy theorists, Nick Pope is the right man with the wrong answer. The former head of Britain’s UFO Project has had years of unparalleled access and resources to investigate the significance of unexplained visitors to Britain’s airspace. Since leaving the MoD in 2006 he has taken up a high profile career as a writer, lecturer and consultant. He seemed to be a man preparing to impart revelation. If anyone should be able to confirm that the government knows of the existence of extraterrestrial life, it should, in theory, be Pope.

It's a pretty good interview and Nick explains how he went form a sceptic to a ufologist.

edit:sp

[edit on 2007/10/10 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have read and heard Nick Pope and he sounds as convincing as Stanton Friedman and the rest.

The fact of the case is not if Mr. Nick Pope is convincing. Many defense lawyers convince the Jury that a guy is innocent even if he is not.

What is important is the topics and cases that Mr. Nick Pope is talking about and trying to convince us all.

The "Rendlesham Forest" Incident was one of the key UFO cases in Britain. And I have heard how Nick hammered on that cases saying it is the "Best" example that "UFOs are real"

And now look what happened to that case.

BBC Inside Out - Rendlesham UFO hoax

Now what do we say of Nick? How good was his acumen in investigating this case. OK the die hard ufologist will say, "It is a massive cover-up" but then this happens with most famous cases.

I also read and heard about the "World War" cases from RAF pilots. What if those too have some earthly explanation. A hidden dossier that surfaces on Microwave or laser technology that the Germans tried testing.

In the "Rendlesham Forest", there was some radioactivity discovered at the site of the incident. But why would advanced civilizations be using spacecrafts that pollute the environment. Or is it one of our own blistering experiments trying to re-invent the wheel!!!

I admire most of the UFO researchers out there merely for the courage they show in exploring the unknown.

But to say that because someone says "UFOs are real", we cannot just take it as conclusive proof of their existence. We need more "REAL" cases.

join