It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Mods correct typos in our ATSNN articles?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I was just wondering if the mods correct our typos in the articles we submit for ATSNN?

I don't think they are correcting them, either that or they are doing a lousy job in correcting them.

I personally think they should.

Surfup

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I personally think members should submit material that has no typos. www.abovetopsecret.com... "And most important, the quality of your writing, grammar, syntax, and spelling is very important. Please compose your stories in an external word processing program with a spell check function. Unfortunately, we are focusing on english-language only stories at this point, and will be looking at your grammar from that perspective. As we grow, more people will find ATSNN, and the perceived credibility of this effort rests solely on the quality of the material. Material may be rejected on the quality of your submission's writing."

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
IMHO surfup, to answer your first posed question....as far as I am aware of, mods are not responsible for making typo corrections in the commentary's posted with articles in ATSNN postings.

Secondly, I'm failing to understand why it should be 'a' mods or 'the' mods responsibility to make typo corrections. The responsibility should rest with the poster. Think of it as submitting a research paper for history class. You write it, you make the corrections, and you submit the final corrected paper to the teacher for grading. If you did the initial writing and then had someone to check it over for you...the person checks it, makes suggestions, you correct it and adjust it to what was recommended by the person who checked it, you then turn it in and get a grade of 'F'....whose fault is that you ultimately got the 'F'? You or the person you asked to read over it and make corrections and/or changes?

No, the mods should not be responsible for making typo corrections. Ultimately, this would cause some to think that they could submit crap commentary's, with no worries, because it will be corrected, right? Sounds like a lazy man's excuse for not taking responsibility for what they are posting.

regards
seekerof

*edit for typo correction*

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'm with the mods on this one...I think it would be really cool if some folks learned to spell a little better...
actually I think there is a conspiracy to keep people from spelling properly...what about it mods...a good new thread? ahhh I see the title now...
Why the Phuk cant we spell?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I don't believe its the mods job to be spell checkers, however I do feel they should reject anything that has a fair amount of spelling errors. IMO it makes ATSNN look less credible.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
My spelin and gramer is perfict. So noboddy needs too editt my artickles.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
1. Correct your own typo's, we're editors not babysitters.
2. As of Feb 1st any submissions with less than 50 original words will not be upgraded, they will be canned.

We're trying to improve the overall standard gradually not all at once.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
I'm with the mods on this one...I think it would be really cool if some folks learned to spell a little better...
actually I think there is a conspiracy to keep people from spelling properly...what about it mods...a good new thread? ahhh I see the title now...
Why the Phuk cant we spell?

There is a thread on BTS along those lines. There are a few of us that do really think that something has happened to effect the spelling of ATS members.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It's systemic pantha.

Before I got here I could spell and use proper grammar...about 2 months into the ATS experience I noticed an incorrectable condition with symptoms that include (but are not limited to):

severe homonymal dyslexia (I due knot no why!)
complete spelling dysfunction (or is that disphunksion???)
and an infuriating tendency to completely drop words. I drop in almost every I make!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   

1. Correct your own typo's, we're editors not babysitters.

That is right...editors, meaning it is part of your job to correct our mistakes.

That is mistakes we make unknowingly...even spell check sometimes goes wrong.

top topics

join