It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus Crucifixion karmic justice for the genocide committed by God?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zephyrone
So you do have an agenda. Did not see that one coming.

Let's see. You do not believe in the bible yet you state that the words in it as fact. Which is it?

Really now you are making this to easy.

The words are fact in the sense that they are contained in the bible and were attributed to god. That does not make them true, only a fact that they are in the bible.

And for those that think the bible is the word of god then you have to deal with those words contained in the bible as fact.

Then according to the words in the bible if you believe them you are worshiping a god that condoned murder, committed murder, approved of slavery and subjected women.

Now as for the bible being the inspired word of god, I do not think so.

A true God would not commit the atrocities contained in the bible.

[edit on 10-10-2007 by etshrtslr]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
sorry double post

[edit on 10-10-2007 by zephyrone]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr

Really now you are making this to easy.

The words are fact in the sense that they are contained in the bible and were attributed to god. That does not make them true, only a fact that they are in the bible.

And for those that think the bible is the word of god then you have to deal with those words contained in the bible as fact.

Then according to the words in the bible if you believe them you are worshiping a god that condoned murder, committed murder, approved of slavery and subjected women.

Now as for the bible being the inspired word of god, I do not think so.

See there you go stumbling again. You are trying to compare apples and oranges. Just doesn't work.

If you want to know the truth and understand the truth then you must first believe then it will be revealed to you.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by zephyrone
See there you go stumbling again. You are trying to compare apples and oranges. Just doesn't work.

If you want to know the truth and understand the truth then you must first believe then it will be revealed to you.

I know thats what all the believers that have blind faith say.

You cant explain away the passages in the bible where god kills, approves of slavery or subjugates women.

So you are left utterly desperate trying to defend that which cannot be defended with the rhetoric of; to know the truth I first must believe with blind faith and do not question the atrocities committed by god because we cannot understand god then all will be reveled to me.

No thanks....Ill chose the real creator over the child scarifying murdering god in the bible every time.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I know thats what all the believers that have blind faith say.
Who said it was blind faith. If you are a believer things will be revealed to you. Nothing blind about it my friend

You cant explain away the passages in the bible where god kills, approves of slavery or subjugates women.
So you are saying you are more knowledgeable than an omnipotent being? You know all the facts? I bet you could part the Red Sea without even raising an eyebrow.

No thanks....Ill chose the real creator over the child scarifying murdering god in the bible every time.
You are really missing the point. Just because those died in one instance does not mean the did not live on elsewhere.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zephyrone

I think you and I both agree that our spirits never die and we will go on. And if you check some of my post on this site there are plenty of instances where I site scientific studies of the existence of life after death such as those being conducted at the University of Arizona.

veritas.arizona.edu...

Were we disagree is whether or not the bible is the word of god.

I have family members that are fundamentalist Christians and I have these debates all the time with them and they use the same arguments as you do.

The bottom line being we are never going to convince one another as to who is right or wrong. I have been through this to many times.

Belief is the basis of the fundamentalist whole argument, not facts. And when confronted with discrepancies or atrocities contained in the bible all they can resort to is have belief and the truth will be revealed. Which by definition is blind faith.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

reply to post by zephyrone

I think you and I both agree that our spirits never die and we will go on. And if you check some of my post on this site there are plenty of instances where I site scientific studies of the existence of life after death such as those being conducted at the University of Arizona.

veritas.arizona.edu...

Were we disagree is whether or not the bible is the word of god.

I have family members that are fundamentalist Christians and I have these debates all the time with them and they use the same arguments as you do.

The bottom line being we are never going to convince one another as to who is right or wrong. I have been through this to many times.

Belief is the basis of the fundamentalist whole argument, not facts. And when confronted with discrepancies or atrocities contained in the bible all they can resort to is have belief and the truth will be revealed. Which by definition is blind faith.

You see the thing is the spirit is in heaven before it comes to earth to be born of the flesh and has a choice or not to live the life chosen for them and our life is our test. Pass or fail. Heaven or hell.

Think of it as in terms of a computer game. If the character in the game dies that does not mean the person playing the game dies also. Same thing applies our flesh may die but not our spirit. Difference is we have concious thought and the character in the game does not.

Gad has spoken to me. So it is not blind faith in my instance. Don't expect you to believe me but that is ok, we all have our own paths to follow. Good luck on yours.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by etshrtslr

I agree with your pts on blind faith and believing something because someone told you so. I hve read cover to cover three times. I admit there are things I don't understand. They are fair questions for God.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I don't think so. Here is a thread that will give you somewhat of an idea of how I look at Jesus, the Old Testament god, and the ultimate God.

Yahweh, the storm god

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by etshrtslr

No it wasn't. Jesus's killing was the direct result of his challenging the religious views of the day. In challenging authority, especially religious authority, Jesus stirred up the hive.

It is my opinion that his message about being a savior was that everyone, through faith and love, could become their own Messiah. Jesus was born into a world where an oppressed population wasn't doing anything to help themselves because they were waiting on a mythical Messiah figure that they'd waited centuries for. Jesus proved that through love you could become the Messiah and save yourself instead of waiting around for some genie-like God to grant your wishes. Jesus also taught that everyone was a son and daughter of God.

I understand what you're getting at though, the God of the Old Testament was a psychotic murderer who enjoyed wanton slaughter and often directly killed innocent people (first born of Egypt, etc etc)... Hopefully those that cling to the Bible as the direct word of God will wake up to just how evil the God of the OT is portrayed as, quite different from the merciful God shown in other passages. This is because the authors writing each book interpret God differently...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join