It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love is not a Religion, Love is the Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Does doing right become practicing " Abrahamic religions "? ( When I say Abrahamic, we address Islam as well as Christianity. )

Or...

Does practicing " Abrahamic religions " produce right?

What is righteousness, versus what is a label.

Christ said that he did not come for the righteous, but rather the unrighteous, meaning that there were some that were already doing right before he showed up.

Religion didnt create the right way. The right way was always there, and some people couldnt get to it any other way but to be instructed by a religion.

That being said, what determines what is right? And under what name?

Jesus came saying Love one another, a theme also generalized in other teachings. It is this consistency of Love one another, that I believe true right and the way is achieved. That a different world might shape, other then the one that you see today.

Somehow, the constitution fits into this way of being..when it says " We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal ". All men are created equal means love one another in parallel way.

Perhaps labeling religion in the name of love was the wrong way to go. That Love one another in the name of being the right way to be as a miracle of life created was our ultimate directive to achieve happiness of life on Earth.

There are many who do practice true love for thier fellow man who are not religious followers. Does that mean they are Godless in their ways, for perhaps I would argue that there are those that practice righteousness without a religious affiliation.

That the Truth was that Love Was the Way and the Life, and that Christ himself emboddied that Love. Not a religion, but a way of being, regardless of what you believe.

All in all, religion has alienated us more then bonded in many ways. One merely needs to look at the divisions in faiths today, even amongst Christianity and Islam. It is in looking beyond what they are ultimately trying to achieve, that perhaps we can abandon religion as a label, and practice the law of Love.

Peace

[edit on 9-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Love is a molecule called phenylethylamine

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Love is light.
Love is an action.
Love is a choice.

Yes.

Love IS the law.

Good thread, HIFIGUY.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Love is God. Christ is God and is love.

Now. The thing that makes angels from mere men is loving your enemies.

Alot, and I mean alot of people love their homeboys or girls or family or whatever, but, but they dont love anybody who they have a beef with.

Christ said, dont judge, and love every soul.

I remember when I had very few graces, that we would see a homeless person outside, my Mom would say should we take him in?

I didnt want the inconvenience, so I said no please its too much.

My levels of compassion are much different now and I would think differently.

also dont forget that there is a type of love that is selflove pride.

Like I said, its the ones who try and make best freinds with everybody for gain or to be liked, and always want to be first minded in everything they do.

they are constantly build up on how they are viewed and loved by others. Self love the saints have talked about.

This is different than the deep grace and feeling of God, (mixed) with true humility.

" religion"

God created a church, and one, and the bride of christ. If this is a religion so be it. The old law was like a religion, you had superiors and subjects, preist and men, why is it different now?

Its the same, but all the church is for is for true communion.

peace.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
Love is God. Christ is God and is love.

Yes this is true..and God is the Law. The Law of love infitesimal.

I found this, Written at the beginning of the Gospel of the Holy 12 which sums it up quite nicely..

From the Ages of Ages is the Eternal Thought, and the Thought is the Word, and the Word is the Act, and these Three are one in the Eternal Law, and the Law is with God and the Law proceeds from God. All things are created by Law and without it is not anything created that existeth. In the Word is Life and Substance, the Fire and the Light. The Love and the Wisdom, are One for the Salvation of all.

The Churches existed in the Time of Christ. If things were great, why then did Christ come?

This earth has turned into a den of thieves.

Each person has taken their share of the Garden and is selling and taking everything they can for themselves to he point where their fellow man is homeless and starving to death.

So when one thinks the church of today is doing the will of God..think again because somehow in this world of plenty, there seems to be an awful lot of damm misery.l

There are two classes of the sons of men; they who would build the human race upon the sure foundation stones of justice, truth, equality and right, 22 And they who would destroy the holy temple where the Spirit dwells and bring their fellows down to beggary and crime Jesus Christ

The United states has 5% of the worlds population. We have 25% of the worlds prison population. Now you tell me.

Peace

[edit on 10-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

[edit on 10-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
High F

Those preist were hypocrites.

Not all presit of today are. You have to understand that the freemasons have infiltrated the church and have tlaked about it for decades.

all popes since the 60s have been antipopes, freemasons. Thats why John Pual 11 had world religious meetings and kissed the Koran.
This has been planned for decades

all starting with Crowley, the satanist and the leader of the new age, which we are in.

and it will end with all religions joining into one, Antichrist will fit everybodies awaited God, and deny Christ.

And he will sit in the temple.

Now if the temple is the Church of the NT, than he would be a pope. My opinion, I dont know though.

But this new age movement which began in the 60s mostly is a teaching of denying of commands, and joining all faiths.

Since this country was founded on freemasonry (the dollar) has its satanic pyramid on it, than this will all come to a climax with antichrist.

Than the micro chip and so forth.

But my point is, that hypocrites dont destroy the way things were set up.

God set up high preist low presit and subjects. So just because they are infested with hypocrites, does that mean that what he set up is not valid?

peace.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
The Jist of some of Christs teaching was that while there was prosperity, there was great diivision between the rich and the poor.

That he taught Love of all, and that we should do for each other.

Christs Teachings and what he wanted was demonstrated in the Apostles and the Believers after Christs death.

32 And the congregation of those who believed were of one heart and soul; and not one of them claimed that anything belonging to him was his own, but all things were common property to them. 33 And with great power the apostles were giving testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and abundant grace was upon them all. 34 For there was not a needy person among them, for all who were owners of land or houses would sell them and bring the proceeds of the sales 35 and lay them at the apostles’ feet, and they would be distributed to each as any had need.

Love of thy enemy, creating a community where no one has need, and where they acted as one body. This was the way.

This way of unity of multiple faiths. Do you not think that he Lord God Almighty loves all his children? Even Exodus speaks of God showing the Egyptians that he was indeed real.

When Christ comes and or the Messiah, The Jews will say its the first coming. The Christians will say its the second coming, and yet others will say its the Antichrist. Its conceivable, that if Christ were to walk the earth today, that the churches themselves would not recognize him.

We have created a system of no one knows what to believe. Yet I would say that we, the believers, who love all, and work to attain a single body under the command of Christ will know that which is not the Christ. Any that deny Christ is risen, or Christ at all for that matter. Their is your Antichrist for there are many !

Faith with Acts. Acts that are Christlike. This is what I seek. This is what I wish to do. But habits and culture taint my ability to see. What a miserable man I am..to quote Paul.

We have accepted Capitalism, and individual prosperity without consideration to resource distribution or poverty. Its profit at any cost as the way of our land. We pay farmers not to grow food while there is starvation in the world. How did something that came to all of us, become so partitioned to the point where we almost cant get a free drink of water.

There are some that get it. The Amish are more on the correct way then any culture imo, and their forgiveness shown in their recent tragedy was a tremendous demonstration of honoring Christs command by which the world can learn much. They are Christlike, in community, actions, and culture.

Peace

[edit on 11-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

[edit on 11-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

new topics

top topics

join