It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO or Blimp analysis please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Hi i've been advised to repost this one in here for an expert opinion, need to confirm whether this is a blimp or craft, as far as i'm aware there is no dealership or parade where it is hovering, if you could take a look and give your opinion please, thanks.

Possible UFO sighting (photo's)

I saw this object this morning from my back door, my first thought was that it was a advertising ballon, but its at a hell of a height and to be honest there is nothing to advertise at were its above, i put the object at about 4-5 miles from my position and about 500-600ft, it hung there for a while went up then descended at a slow speed below the tree there.

I have zoomed in on the object with these two shots but i can't see the tether lines i was hoping that someone here could clean up the original shots that i have hosted at flickr and provided a link for, and see if they can spot the lines.

any questions or comments welcome, also i did shoot a movie aswell but the quality is horrendous at full zoom on my camera.

flikr
files.abovetopsecret.com...
files.abovetopsecret.com...

link to original thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Lemme have a look and I'll get back to ya tonight.

Wasnt there another shot with a man looking at it from his car beside a road?...or was that not you?

Whats the approximate length of time you saw it.

Speed? Noise?

After it descended did you happen to go 'round the area and look?

Has anyone else reported anything odd in the area. Doesnt have to be the same day.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This looks very manmade to me. Reason being is that it does not have that energy signal or blur around it. Interesting just the same it would be worth sending it in for analysis to the different reporting agencies with dates ect. Air traffic reports could be telling. Also the USAF and police. I am cetain you could find out what it was by checking these agancies. Let us know what you discover. It made me think of that guy that sent himself up in his lawn chair attached to a bunch of helium balloons a couple of years ago.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
No noise that i could hear, moved slowly ascended and then descended, did'nt check it out because i had the kids with me,i have been checking the local news online and the daily post but no mentions.
I also i know the area that it is above, its just a quite town, i phoned the local pub down there (i used to work there) and asked if they had seen a blimp but no one had.

Thanks for checking it out.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Just dropping a note that I'm still running thru this image(s), had very little time last night.

At any rate, I had asked
"Wasnt there another shot with a man looking at it from his car beside a road?...or was that not you? "

Whats the deal with that?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Inconclusive at best. When 20 gig cams come down it price maybe we'll see some better non pixellated stuff. Not to say any of my stuff wow'd anybody. It is frustrating so little is not sharp and crisp. But when it is everyone screams CGI. Danged if you do, danged if you don't.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
No the guy at the car was'nt me that was another post with the odd shaped object.

I have an update, i was showing the pictures to some work mates and one of them saw the object on his way to work, he thought the object was higher than i estimated and could not make out any advertising or slogans, he did describe it as moving slowly vertically and was white and orange, and did'nt think it was tethered to anything as it was too high, the mystery deepens.

i'll keep checking local media, if he saw it at rush hour on a busy bridge then loads of people must have.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RancidCat
No the guy at the car was'nt me that was another post with the odd shaped object.

Now was that the same place/time?

To be honest I'm leaning towards some sort of remote balloon or mini ad blimp, not due to the photo itself which is really low resolution, just due to the shape alone. The photos arent telling me much more then shape and slight color data so I've not much to go on past that.

It is of a considerable distance as near as I can tell, but not so much as to be huge in that respect. Maybe close to a mile.

Just as a side note, just because there isnt anything below it for the ad to apply to doesnt negate that it could be said blimp. These things often get off tethers, in which case if they catch thermal winds they can travel miles before going down due to temperature and/or helium contraction / loss.

I think the fact that it is moving slowly and decending is pretty consistent with that possible explanation.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Ok thanks for your input, while searching the local papers i did find this interesting story from 2005 which has some similarities,

"Last Monday I was taking my wife to Caernarfon when I thought I saw one of those advertising blimps above Valley railway sidings.

link to full story
bangor mail

Just seems odd that nothing has been reported in the local papers, i'll keep looking anyway.

[edit on 11/10/07 by RancidCat]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
and is that near to your area?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RancidCat

I enlarged the image and I can see some markings that look like:
NCC-1701

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

The one i have photographed is over the menai straits which is the same area, i have decided to bite the bullet and contact the same newspaper and ask if anyone has reported the same object or any errant blimps or balloons, i can't understand why nothing has been reported when it was visible from a major road at rush hour, it doesn't make sense.

In reply to Alxandro

Ha, thanks your helpful contribution is duly noted.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
As an update, i contacted the local paper and despite them running stories on ufo's before i recieved no reply, neither was there any mention of a blimp or ufo being reported, strange but there you go.

Oh and just to rule out the blimp idea, i have found the location it was above and there is nothing there, no dealership, no houses, just a large field on the banks on the menai strait.

I'll just put it down to one of those things, keep my eye's peeled and a camera handy.

top topics

join