It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What one question would ask to get to heaven?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I tthink thtas what i said didnt i ?

Demon A always lies

Demon B always tells the truth

Door A leads to heaven

Door B leads to hell

if you ask demon A what door will Demon B say is the door that leads to heaven he will always lie and say that Demon B will say B

Ask Demon B what door would Demon A will say is the door that leads to heaven he always tells the truth so he will say Demon A will say its door B

so whoever you ask will say door B and you go threw door A

ive known of this question for some time i had a teacher that used to set me a question like this or a puzzle once a week and if i got it wrong he would make me do laps or some other thing i wasnt keen on doing

i soon learned how to do research lol

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
you said ask which door the other will say leads to heaven and that would give you the right door. you didn't say to enter the other door.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

sorry it has been a while since i heard that question i wasnt far out

it was only a matter of Heaven and Hell no biggy lol

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by g14meilooksee

But the Angel could be a demon and both doors lead to hell.....

It would be better not to ask any questions.

It could be a test of your fate, and your last test. If we are prepared before we leave this world to enter heaven then we would know we have already past every test while we are alive. Only the weak in spirit would fall for this test.

Now that makes sense, don't it?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I think that the riddle was not phrased correctly, because if angel who guards the door to heaven always tells the true, and the devil who guards the door to hell always lies, asking one simple question which you know the correct answer of that question to be, will tell you which one is the lier and which one tells the truth.

Which means that you will know which door leads to heaven or hell because the seeker already knows which door the the lier and truth teller is guarding.

The riddle should be rephrased to asking only one question to discover which door leads to heaven or hell, where the angel who always tells the truth and devil who always lies are not guarding or standing infront of their respective doors leading to heaven or hell. They are both standing away from the doors together on one side.

That is what I remembered the orignial riddle to be.

Where any other question that the seeker already knows the answer to be, will not help uncover the secret to this riddle.

[edit on 10-10-2007 by ixiy]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Actually my answer came from a group of friends we got this email back about 2 years ago. And it was three guys in a hotel and the bell boy brings the change up

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Why doesnt this work exactly? You get to ask both of them one question? They Both answer the one question.

Ask them "is my name notmyrealname?", the angel will say no the demon will say yes.... go to the door of the angel?????

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I was right

www.coolmath4kids.com...

its the same Question but asked in a different way and it gives you the soulution

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This is so dumb... the Angel is standing in front of the door leading to heaven?

The only thing you need to ask is for the Angel to move out of the way.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Lmao i hope your being sarcsatic?

you dont know who is who or what door leads where

all you know is you have one question and one of them allways lies and one of them allways tells the truth

so your question is "what door will he say leads to heaven?"
(he being the other/demon/angel/lier/honest one)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join