It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What one question would ask to get to heaven?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
There are 2 doors with a demon infront of one and an angel infront of the other but they both look alike they are in the same form. The door the demon is standing infront of leads to hell the door the angel is standing infront of leads to heaven. You can ask them one question that they will both answer but the demon will lie and the angel will tell the truth.

What question would you ask inorder to find out which door leads to heavin?

Post what question you would ask.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by g14meilooksee]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by g14meilooksee

Have I made difference in my childrens life? Simple, to the point and straight forward.

The end result "they" can decide on.

[edit on 10/8/2007 by Stockburn]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by g14meilooksee

If the hell guard ALWAYS lies, that is the key. Just ask any simple yes or no question with a simple answer.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I can not figure it out thats why I'm asking all of you.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

If the hell guard ALWAYS lies, that is the key. Just ask any simple yes or no question with a simple answer.

But you dont know what one is the lier and what one isnt

you ask one of them what door would the other one says leades to heaven

if you ask the lier he will lie if you ask the honenst one he will tell the truth

so whoever you ask you will get the right door

understand?

try this one

Three people enjoy a meal at a Thai restaurant. The waiter brings the bill for $30 so each person pays $10.

Later the chef realises that the bill should have only been $25 so she sends the waiter back to the table with $5. The waiter wasn't very good at Maths and couldn't figure out how to divide the $5 so he gave each person a $1 and kept $2 for himself.

So....the three people have paid $9 each for the meal.
9x3=27

The waiter kept $2
27+2 = £29

What happened to the other dollar?

[edit on 08/10/2000 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Easy:
What is my name?
One will say something that isnt my name and the other will tell me my name.

Peace

dAlen

- or like the other poster said, any yes or no question that can be verified.
i.e. "was G. Bush president? - of course he was, but one will say no.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

But you dont know what one is the lier and what one isnt

if you ask the lier he will lie if you ask the hoenst one he will tell the truth

understand?

try this one

3 men go into a restaurant for dinner. The meal comes to $30 so they all put in $10. Later, the waiter comes back and says that he overcharged them by $5, so he gives back them $5 . They all put $1 in as a tip, and there are $2 left.

Technically, they all paid £9. 3x9= 27. there’s a pound missing, where is it?

Question #1:

Does 2+2=4? The angel would answer yes, the demon would answer no.

Question #2:

They paid $30. they got back $5. 30-5=$25. $25+$3 in tips = $28. $28+$2 extra=$30 Its all accounted for.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

remember you only have one question so yes you can ask one what colour shoes you have got on or how many fingers you are holding up and yes you will find the lier but then what...... you only had one question remember

there is only one question to ask

Demon A always lies

Demon B always tells the truth

Door A leads to heaven

Door B leads to hell

if you ask demon A what door will Demon B say is the door that leads to heaven he will always lie and say that Demon B will say B

Ask Demon B what door would Demon A will say is the door that leads to heaven he always tells the truth so he will say Demon A will say its door B

so whoever you ask will say door B and you go threw door A

you get it ?

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Does 2+2=4? The angel would answer yes, the demon would answer no.

but you only have one question so now you know who is the lier but now your stuck because you have no more questions

Three people enjoy a meal at a Thai restaurant. The waiter brings the bill for $30 so each person pays $10.

Later the chef realises that the bill should have only been $25 so she sends the waiter back to the table with $5. The waiter wasn't very good at Maths and couldn't figure out how to divide the $5 so he gave each person a $1 and kept $2 for himself.

So....the three people have paid $9 each for the meal.
9x3=27

The waiter kept $2
27+2 = £29

What happened to the other dollar?

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

What?
The question says the angel stands in front of the door to heaven the demon stands in front of the door to hell.... the demon always lies... so say you ask the demon is my name Mr. Bean and he says yes, and your name is actually Fred then you go in the other door. If you ask the Angel if your name is Mr. Bean and he says No. Then you go through that door... Correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   

The $2 the waiter received is part of the $27 they spent. $25 for the room, $2 for the bell boy with the arbitrary tip, and that is the $27.

The trick lies in the $2 not being subtracted from the $27 just the way it is presented in this riddle.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by iCEdTenG

There are 2 doors with a demon infront of one and an angel infront of the other but they both look alike they are in the same form. The door the demon is standing infront of leads to hell the door the angel is standing infront of leads to heaven. You can ask them ONE question that they will BOTH answer but the demon will lie and the angel will tell the truth.

What question would you ask inorder to find out which door leads to
heavin?

YOU can only ask ONE question that they must BOTH answer

so if you ask what colour are my shoes yes one will lie and one will telll the truth but then your screwd as you have used your question and you still have to find the right door

do you get it now?

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by iCEdTenG

The $2 the waiter received is part of the $27 they spent. $25 for the room, $2 for the bell boy with the arbitrary tip, and that is the $27.

The trick lies in the $2 not being subtracted from the $27 just the way it is presented in this riddle.

lol where did you get your answer from google i never said anything about a bell boy
but yes that answer will do gratz .but you still havent got the 1st question right there is only one question you can ask and i explained it

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   

my shoes are red.

the demon will answer (color not red).

the angel will answer red.

enter door which has person standing before it who answers red.

solved.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It's a classic riddle that shows up in one form or another in movies and games and stuff. You have to ask one of them what the other one would answer. Then you can reason out which one is which, no matter which of the two you asked or which door it is.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by forsakenwayfarer

dude thats about as right an answer as saying cheese is made of coal

i already answerd the question there is only one answer / question to ask and i explained it 3 times now

it has nothing to do with shoes that was just an analogy to try and help explian it

it is a pretty famous question and it only has one logical answer as i explained

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

if you ask the lier he will lie if you ask the honenst one he will tell the truth

understand?

actually, you ask one of them which door the other will say leads to heaven, then you enter the opposite door.

the angel will tell you that the demon is going to point to the door to hell (the demon will lie about which door leads to heaven)
the demon is going to tell you the angel is going to point hell because the demon will lie and give you the opposite of what the angel will do.

they will both point to hell, therefore, the other door is the way to heaven.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
each person has 10. The meal (real price) costs 25, so that means each person must pay 8.33
now, the boy must returm 5/3 = 1.66 to each customer (1.66 + 8.33 = 10)
Instead, he gives each 1, thereby keeping .66 for himself
.66 * 3 = 1.98

There is still money missing. This is because 9 is not an actual representaion of the real number. It is rounded to make a whole. what really comes after 9? 10 is just one starting over again, wherein acutality 9 is really 9.blah blah blah blah blah. This is one of the most famous cases where this math "error" comes to light.

Oh and as for the money that went missing..... that was my 2 cents
kleverone is

[edit on 9-10-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I tthink thtas what i said didnt i ?

Demon A always lies

Demon B always tells the truth

Door A leads to heaven

Door B leads to hell

if you ask demon A what door will Demon B say is the door that leads to heaven he will always lie and say that Demon B will say B

Ask Demon B what door would Demon A will say is the door that leads to heaven he always tells the truth so he will say Demon A will say its door B

so whoever you ask will say door B and you go threw door A

ive known of this question for some time i had a teacher that used to set me a question like this or a puzzle once a week and if i got it wrong he would make me do laps or some other thing i wasnt keen on doing

i soon learned how to do research lol

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
or you could do it like this .......................LOOK AWAY NOW IF YOU DONT WANT THE ANSWER

The waiter's $2 came out of the $27 paid by the three diners. They did pay $27 3 x $9 and $25 went to the kitchen and $2 to the waiter (the crook)

or like this

The $30 is spead out like this Restaurant $25,Waitor $2,Customers $3

so 25 + 2 + 3 = $30 so the dollar is still there and the waiter is still a crook lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join