It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious lights spark UFO scare

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Updated story with more juicy bits

Tried to edit my original post but failed. There's only a little bit more to the story but there's a bunch more comments from people!

Personally I'd discount lanterns, for the reason somebody else gave; two remaining stationary as the others moved away.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
result of experimental proton beam systems.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It seems like everyone saw here saw something out of the ordinary at some point of time except me. Thousands of people seen fireballs in the sky or ufos.I just wish I could finally see something "interesting" too.
When will New Yorkers get see some extraterrestial activity.

Interesting subject.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The lights are interesting.

Has anyone read what the "Dark Knight" poster was saying in the old post (link posted earlier).

Do I have this right:

His friend's father made a death bed prediction.

Based on that prediction he and his friends sold everything and have completely dropped out of society.

We're going to see movies in the sky, and stars are going go crazy, then a fate worse than a nuclear war will occur. (Like this would matter, after seeing movies in the sky and having auditory hallucinations.)

Does anyone believe this?

If there will be an event worse than any nuclear holocaust, how will selling all of your stuff and going to Tibet help you?

Could these lights be experiments with lasers? I think some people in their garages/basements can make lights in the sky nowadays.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I am new to posting on this site (been reading threads for a couple of months)
I have to say that dark knights posts tie in quite nicely with all of these 2012 doom stories.
Saying that, alot of what I've read has scared the **** out of me!
From planet x to alien forces, everyone seems to think that something is going to occur in 2012.
To be honest I don't see how hiding out in some remote place is going to save anyone from a predicted impending disaster.
Say 2012 is true... there is going to be major changes coming our way, but in what way? hostile alien attacks, earthquakes, tsunamis, magnetic flip... etc etc. Which way is the right way to get away?

As for the lights in the sky.. more people are becoming aware, but why? more media coverage, the internet, a friend of a friend.... its like a snowball running down a mountain, it will gather speed and get bigger!

As for 2012, I'm an avid listener, I want to know what its all about. My biggest concern is for my kids, in that year they will be 12 and 8 years... what chance do they have?!

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

Almost - the father did not make a prediction as such - but he parted with information to his son that he was privvy to from his military career positions. This caused his son, a trauma doctor, to up and leave instantly, selling everything and living nomadically in a remote, safe location.

D4rk Kn1ght, albeit a while after his friend, has done the same, along with his wife, and 3 other families.

If people can make these lights in the sky from their garages, what can the military do?

And while he said it would "make WW3 look like childs play", this may not be worse than a nuclear world war - it could be a nuclear world war on a truly global, and truly catastrophic scale.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
That dark knight thread was very interesting, and a bit scary. I did not understand why he made such a point as to why you should pay off all your debt and move to the wilderness. If your that sure the end of civilization is coming in a few years. get all the credit cards you can,take out an equity loan on the house buy everything you need, then laugh as the billing department gets vaporized. I doubt the "survivors" will judge you on your FICO score.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by b309302]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join