It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was hypnotised

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
No hypnosis isn't really paranornal, but I really can't think where else to put this story, but if anyone thinks its better off somewhere else please move it.

Well I am currently a student at university in England, the other night in our student bar there was a hypnotist so I thought i'd go along and check it out thinking it might be intresting.

Anyway I decided to go up on stage along with about 12 other people a bit skeptical of it all really, I have never really believed in hypnosis a great deal, plus I thought if it worked it might be fun.

It worked! it was so scary, the things he made me do and believe, doing a hypnosis act in a student union some of the things he made me do probs are not really for this forum. part of it all was that when I left the building I would remember everything I did that night. I kinda knew what I was doing but couldn't stop myself from doing it, very strange indeed. I just thought I would share my experiences with you all.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I would like to be hypnotized too, just for the experiance.

A question if i may ask too, if i may: When you were hypnotized, it was like you were sleeping correct? If so, was is like acutally sleeping, or were you aware of anything? And if you were aware you were, would you of been able to "fight" the hypnosis? Like 2 sides conflicting each other?

Thanks, and if you dont answer the questions, its all good. Thanks for telling us the experiance too!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jarheadjock
I would like to be hypnotized too, just for the experiance.

A question if i may ask too, if i may: When you were hypnotized, it was like you were sleeping correct? If so, was is like acutally sleeping, or were you aware of anything? And if you were aware you were, would you of been able to "fight" the hypnosis? Like 2 sides conflicting each other?

Thanks, and if you dont answer the questions, its all good. Thanks for telling us the experiance too!

*Sigh*

In hypnosis you are NOT asleep. The experience almeister 5000 had was done be a stage hypnotist. They pick out the easilly hypnotised subjects who would not really mind doing some fun things for the show.

The only time when hypnosis can make you do things you don't want is when you are not aware that you are hypnotised. And as far as I know, almeister 5000 was pretty aware of it.

If the hypnotist would have told you to do something that you really don't want. He can't make you do it...

A hypnotist simply shows you the door, but you are the one to walk through it.

- Chris

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Yes its just suggestibility. The hypnotist just makes suggestions...

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Yeah I was aware of him, and when I was "awake" I was aware of others around me etc. I did however manage to fight some things in the beginning but towards the end I did most of the things he told me to do, I didn't do everything he told me to do but I did most things. I don't know if that was me refusing or the hypnotist not being able, But I did do some things i'd rather not do in front of a couple of hundred people.

It was good fun though when I look back on it, made me laugh.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisDeemian

Is it also true that you can only be hypnotised if you want to? I heard that if you try to fight the hypnotist, then you have no chance of being hypnotised

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I had a dream that I was hypnotised not long back, it was really weird. I've never actually been hypnotised but I think I've now got an idea what it would be like.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by ChrisDeemian

Is it also true that you can only be hypnotised if you want to? I heard that if you try to fight the hypnotist, then you have no chance of being hypnotised

This is most certainly true. The only type of hypnosis that this does not apply to is Waking Hypnosis. this means that you give someone suggestions while he is "awake".

Example:

It's a hot summer day, and you are enjoying a rock festival in some park. You're all sitting on the ground (grass field) and are just having fun...

However, if I'd be sitting there and I'd go like: "Pff, it's really hot out here, I'm getting all sweatty" and I ask my girlfriend "Let's sit in the nice cool shade of the party tent, I'm getting fried!"

I bet ya, within 5 minutes, the party tent will be filled with people..

Anyway, apart from that, it is not possible to hypnotise someone into the usual state (somnambulism) if he/she doesn't want to.

- Chris

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
When you send a message to the subconcious mind its easier for it to go along with the command than it is to fight it and if you shatter the mind into many pieces through trauma you can program it like a computer. its a very powerful thing and if i were you id never allow myself to be put under for even an instant

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HuntaXX
its a very powerful thing and if i were you id never allow myself to be put under for even an instant

*Sigh*

You ever watch TV? I guess so..

Sorry mate, you been hypnotized plenty already...

- Chris

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
When I was in Highschool a friend of mine learned a few tricks on how to hypnotize and decided to try them out on me. He told me to lean up against the wall with my arms flat agaist it.. Then he went through the ususal stuff "close your eyes breath deep and count routine" He was speaking in an incredibly soft voice I remember.. Anyway he kept on saying your arms are slowly rising over and over again.. I started to doubt him and opened my eyes.. when I opened my eyes I noticed my arms were off the wall and above my chest. I couldnt beleive it cause I didnt feel them moving.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
First I'd like to agree with the poster saying that hypnotism doesn't make you do things you don't want to and isn't something that happens without conscent. Also, the reason why long-term hypnotism doesn't work (brainwashing) is because your mind 'wises up' to it being merely a trick or mechanism to get you to do things. Self-hypnotism is the same way.

My favorite hypnotist testimony:

In summer college, there was a stage hypnotist who called people up. He selected through a number of people as he was doing the mental regression. Filtering through to about ten percent, he had the volunteers perform some pretty fun and funny things.

The one thing no one could stop talking about was with a friend of mine who stayed a few doors down from me, Matt Z********. He was asked "Have you ever played guitar before?" Matt said "No". The hypnotist told him he was a music star and had been practising for months on a new song and tonight he was going to perform it. He did a lot of mental 'pumping up' confidence boosting and handed him an acoustic guitar. He played and sang incredible! Better than most things on the radio. Back at the dorms that night he said he remembers THAT he did it, but doesn't remember how he did it. To everyone's dismay, he could not recreate the experience. Had any of us known beforehand, we would've brought a recorder. The hypnotist explained at the end in a question and answer session that Matt had probably seen a guitar played before (even though he never played one), he had heard one played before and all he was doing was helping him to take bits and pieces of it that were stored in his subconcious to create his own. Very cool...

[edit on 10-10-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

First I'd like to agree with the poster saying that hypnotism doesn't make you do things you don't want to and isn't something that happens without conscent.

I said hypnotism doesn't make you do thing you don't want IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE HYPNOTIZED.

And even that goes only up to a certain point.

If you know you are hypnotized you will not do things against you fundamental beliefs. Yes, you can do some embarrassing things, act like a frog, or think an union is an apple. But the hypnotist cannot make you willingly hurt yourself, or do stuff you really don't want to. Remember, hypnosis is at the Sub-Conscious level, not the narrow minded conscience. Your sub-conscience thinks in fundamentals, becouse you are constantly changing, you are not the same person you where a year ago, due to the things you experienced.

I've got one question for you:

If a hypnotist could make people do whatever he wanted them to do, don't you think all hypnotists would be floating around on their yacht somewhere on the Mediterranean sea?

Stage hypnotists pick out extreamly suggestible people, allowing a great degree of fun.

- Chris

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
The hypnotist explained at the end in a question and answer session that Matt had probably seen a guitar played before (even though he never played one), he had heard one played before and all he was doing was helping him to take bits and pieces of it that were stored in his subconcious to create his own. Very cool...

wow! very interesting! I wonder what else you you could do with hypnosis?!

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Apologies to Chris, I'd never heard of an instance where people did not know they were hypnotized.

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
wow! very interesting! I wonder what else you you could do with hypnosis?!

Yeah! I was thinking about that myself. Most commonly it's used for addictions such as smoking, drinking and overeating. Does it work? Well, probably have to ask someone who went through it. The magazine ad says it does
. I had done an experiment with self-hypnosis to 'wake up on time and refreshed'. It worked well and without an alarm clock for a little while. After that though, it started happening later and later until it was no good. Seems I was 'on to my own game' so to speak and ignored the conditioning. Like bootcamp, you go to it and train yourself a certain way. After bootcamp it'll stick with you after a while but the training goes away if you don't keep up with it.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Apologies to Chris, I'd never heard of an instance where people did not know they were hypnotized.

Apologies accepted

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
chrisdeemian: what are your thoughts on darren brown's techniques? are they bunk or legit in your opinion?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not a big Darren Brown expert), his techniques are simply waking hypnosis suggestions, influencing a person to act a certain way, remember: A person is definitely influenceble when he is not aware he is hypnotized, or if he/she is accepting the suggestions in normal hypnosis.

He does funny things, but all based upon suggestibility. I wouldn't be surprised if he picked targets very suggestible (not saying that he does).

- Chris

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clarky
I had a dream that I was hypnotised not long back, it was really weird. I've never actually been hypnotised but I think I've now got an idea what it would be like.

Or the hypnotist left a suggestion that you would remeber it only as a dream...

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisDeemian
If a hypnotist could make people do whatever he wanted them to do, don't you think all hypnotists would be floating around on their yacht somewhere on the Mediterranean sea?

They are, see New World Order

I would tell my story, but nobody would believe it so, sigh. I suggest avoiding hypnosis if you can, ripping out those triggers is a real pain.

As a note, you can, through self hypnosis, put your own triggers in as alarms for when subliminals are used on you.

[edit on 11-10-2007 by Redge777]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join