It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Closure on GW. I don't see any conspiracy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I know this subject has been debated back and forth and sometimes with fury and blah blah blah but I want a decent closure. It feels like I have missed something. Mods, please don't lock this thread directly, at least let me get some replies first! Please?

Was sitting at home yesterday night after a horrendous day at work (13.5h without break, puh!) when a show with David Attenborough came on the TV. It was about GW and it was damn good too! It could easily compete with "An Inconvinient truth". Maybe this one was, at times, even better.

Anyhow, while I was watching it came across my mind that I need to make sure that I am on the right track here.

I believe that GW is true. I know it is a natural process also but that mankind is making it much worse. Maybe we can fix it, but it looks gloomy when studied (or maybe I am just a typical apocalypse-junkie...)
CO2 emissions are the main reason. I have been taught this since 5th grade (early 90's) so it is nothing new. I see the system of CO2 blocking in the suns heat, oceans rising and becomig acidic, ice caps melting and so on. It makes perfect sense to me.
Of course, since I'm just a layman, I could not prove this with some sort of demonstration, but I also know why the stone falls to the ground if I drop it (due to gravity) but I can't prove that either.
I understand GW. It is not hard to see, it is pretty plain if you think about it and it is sereious stuff, it really is. If we don't get our act together, right now we are screwed, royally screwed.

But still, there is quite some movement out there saying that there is no such thing as GW. This I do not understand. What is the scam? I just can't get it. So far no one has pointed out for me exactly what the scam is. What in the GW-consensus does not add up? Where is the missing link?
With all the people, and some of them known to be highly respected and thruthful in all other aspects, agreeing on this...are they all brainwashed? Am I brainwashed? I would not think so. I accually forbid myself to think so!

The only counterparts so far are those who normally are seen upon as "enemies of the planet"; major corporations and greedy goverments world wide. I also understand that major parts of the western society is against thinking that this problem exists because out of two reasons:
1. They are afraid of what is coming our way,
and/or
2. They feel that their enery-consuming lifestyles has to go.
But this is hardly any surprise, it adds up to the rest of the GW-concept.

So tell me now, am I totally out? I am so sure that the GW is happening and that it poses the one single major threat against all mankind.
But with a pretty large group of people saying otherwise...have I missed something?

Please behave now, no flaming, no one-liners just give me the counter-facts straight on. Why is there no GW going about? I just don't understand how anyone can igonre the facts.

Thank you.

[sorry for all the edits]

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Raud]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Global warming is THE SUN. We contribute about 20%, or less. There are more than enough trees to accommodate for our cars, houses, lungs, cig smokers, ETC ETC. Its more radiation coming off of it. THE WHOLE FREAKIN SOLAR SYSTEM IS HEATING. Mars ice caps are melting and weather storms are increasing in size/power on that planet too (I don't see any SUV's over there). Humans have little contribution, and I get pissed as hell every time I hear about al freaking gore and his "inconvenient #ing conspiracy". If he is so concerned about GW, he would drive a diesel, or not fly everyone where in a plane, BUT HE DOES. People call him hypocrite for it, BUT HES NOT, he knows that he is not really contributing much at all, since HE knows the truth, he continues to do these things. You would think "hey this guys not serious about his own movie" but in reality, the movie isn't true. Most of his facts, except we are causing it, are true, but notice how he does not show a time line chart of more than hundreds of hundreds of years, why? Because this has happened before to earth, JUST AS BAD, just as long, many thousands of years ago. Humans were around then too (up to or over 1.2 mil years ago), no telling what technology they had, but it was not a combustible engine. Its all in the ICE. His carbon credits are a scam, and the money eventually goes to him and other FAR LEFT WING agendas and plans, ETC ETC. Screw you al gross, you piece of crap, YOU GET NOTHING AL, YOU LOOSE, GOOD DAY SIR.

Originally posted by Raud
I believe that GW is true. I know it is a natural process also but that mankind is making it much worse. Maybe we can fix it, but it looks gloomy when studied (or maybe I am just a typical apocalypse-junkie...)
CO2 emissions are the main reason. I have been taught this since 5th grade (early 90's) so it is nothing new. I see the system of CO2 blocking in the suns heat, oceans rising and becomig acidic, ice caps melting and so on. It makes perfect sense to me.

It does not make perfect sense to you, or else you would not be posting a topic to clear it up. That said,

FORGET everything political you learned in school, public or private. ITS DISINFORMATION. Schools don't teach us "how to learn" before they start cramming our heads with useless information. The school system today is to create an army of idiots who only think they know something. Its supposed to make "perfect sense", thats what they want so no one decides to GROW A BRAIN and question it.

Let that sink in before I get a ignorant response. Stare at my avatar so you know how serious my face is.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by 1337cshacker]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Oooh-kay... Just let me do this first:

Seems like you sir needs to go out and take a breather.

Sereiously, I don't want to disrespect you. You obviously already have pretty strong opinions so I will make no attempt to critizise them.

Nevertheless:
The somewhat agressive, if not to say rabid approach of you post takes away much of the point you are trying to make.
Your post leaves much to be asked for and I must say that when it comes down to making fun of someones name such as "Al Gross" (which is a quit lousy insult) most credebility is lost.

The perfect sense I am talking about is when you look at one massive coal-feuled powerplant is standing there in, let's say Russia, and all that thick smoke keeps coming out of there and the trees in the vincinity are all dead; or when you go through some real dirty city centre or by the highway and you see how dead nature has become you cant help but think that maybe this pollution is having some sort of bad influence on life here on earth.
You seem to implement that all kinds of pollution is ok, because...?

GW influenced by man or not, we have to cut down on polluting. I believe that GW is worsened by man, but it should not matter what you think, what the hell would we lose on changing technology to something that does not consume soon-depleted fossile fuels and that makes no toxines into our atmosphere? I see absolutely no evil in that.

Ps. I stared at your avatar and I almost wet myself! Ds.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1337cshacker
There are more than enough trees to accommodate for our cars, houses, lungs, cig smokers, ETC ETC. Its more radiation coming off of it.

Radiation?

Mars ice caps are melting and weather storms are increasing in size/power on that planet too (I don't see any SUV's over there).

Well, I see no oxygen there either. Or life for that matter.

Most of his facts, except we are causing it, are true, but notice how he does not show a time line chart of more than hundreds of hundreds of years, why? Because this has happened before to earth, JUST AS BAD, just as long, many thousands of years ago. Humans were around then too (up to or over 1.2 mil years ago), no telling what technology they had, but it was not a combustible engine. Its all in the ICE.

Well, as I remember he does make such a link on such a timeline and showing that due to the massive increase of population, this time the GW will have un-natural effects, and in any case we have a hell of a lot more to lose now that we have such advanced societies so we have to do what we can to battle this.

FORGET everything political you learned in school, public or private. ITS DISINFORMATION. Schools don't teach us "how to learn" before they start cramming our heads with useless information. The school system today is to create an army of idiots who only think they know something. Its supposed to make "perfect sense", thats what they want so no one decides to GROW A BRAIN and question it.

Well, I hardly believe that everything would be disinfo. I am not a US citizen so I would not know how school is where you live, therefore I would not discuss that. In my homeland, not much, if any political views enter schools. That would almost be a scandal if political propaganda made its way into school teachings or literature.

I get a distinct feeling that you are not really sereious. I don't know why, but there is something fishy going on here, no offence.

top topics

join