It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SSSC "Darkness Hold Me"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by angel_crush

Many Thanks Angel...

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
How did I miss this one?
Intriguing and captive. Kept me glued to my seat until the end! How could anyone ever forget a loved one just disappearing into thin air? Something I would take to my grave...I'm afraid.
I just read some true stories on the internet, about people just disappearing into thin air.

There was snow on the ground and a man had to go out to the well to get some water. After awhile his family was wondering what's taking him so long. When they went to check on him the only thing they found were his footprints leading half way to the well. Nothing else. He just vanished without a trace!

Another one.........

There were several prisoners on a chain gang. They had on leg shackles connected to the chain. One of the middle prisoners just started fading away until he disappeared according to the eye witnesse's. The only things left were his empty leg shackles!

Another Great story AD. Don't let me miss part two ok?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
If there is a part two..it will be in a parallel world.
Thanx. AD

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I just got done with yours AD
Very cool and creepy to say the least./ Probably more Halloween than mine hehehe...

Love it!!

Flag and star for you too my dear!

[edit on 16/10/2007 by shearder]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

Thanks Shearder.My first attempt at a story in 20 years.Guess I needed to think about it for awhile huh?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
reply to post by shearder

Thanks Shearder.My first attempt at a story in 20 years.Guess I needed to think about it for awhile huh?

Well a very good attempt for sure. Well Shadows was my first since school, and Platform 19 the second. The last i wrote a storyu was probably 23 years ago

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I had a hard time reading this story. Mostly due to the formatting.

Why don't you space the paragraphs and seperate the punctuation?

I'm going to read it again though, even though the formating makes it a little more difficult and distracts from the work.

From the comments, I'm expecting to be able to follow the story a little better than the first time through and hopefully enjoy it as much as others have

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Enrikez

Sorry you were disappointed.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I thought it was a very good story

[edit on 22-10-2007 by Enrikez]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Sorry, nothing to see here.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Enrikez

How could I not be upset,when you just completely dissected my story for all to see?
If you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.
That was my first attempt at writing in 20 years, if you had read the comments you would know that.
Thanks for shooting down my self esteem totally.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Access my dear friend,

I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your story.

BRAVO!!!

I know you worked very hard on it, and you deserve a big hug!

After 20 years of not writing?!?!
GOOD GOING GIRL!

YOU received points in the last while because of your wonderful poems/etc.. Don't ever forget that. People gave you points because YOU deserved it...earned it honestly. Obviously people thought highly of your penmanship? And so do I.

Now wear that badge with pride, keep writing, and take things in stride hon.

Your quacked up friend,

~Ducky~

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Jeez, you know what, I'm really sorry.

I didn't think I was hurting your feelings. Maybe there is some way I can make it up to you in the future? The last thing I wanted to do was embarrass you or make you feel bad. I tried to edit out my comments, but it won't let me anymore. I seriously would if I could and if the mods would let me I will remove them immediately.

If it is any consolation, I did reread your story and thought that you nailed the atmosphere and gave me a shiver that ran up my spine when I read the part about it being based on a real case.

I thought your writing flowed very well and that the 360 degree turn around from the dream to the events at the end was really well done.

It probably doesn't mean much now, but I'll be more careful with my comments from now on. Sorry that I upset you.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Thank you Ducky.
Hope your book is coming along!

[edit on 22-10-2007 by AccessDenied]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

flagged & starred!

My book is coming along....slowly albeit, but progressing nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Yeah! Glad to hear it. I'm reserving a copy now, before the rush...OK?
When it makes the best seller list, I want to brag that I got dibs on one of the first copies!

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Oops! I put the right comment on the wrong story! Ok so it matters not because I loved both stories so much, but this one really touched me deeply.

Happy Halloween my friend!

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Congratulations!!!! Great Story. I believe that by connecting a real event with the paranormal you really managed to instill that spooky, frightful, scary feeling into the reader. Again nicely done.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Great storys, Talent and luck what more do you need.

I enjoyed them a lot thanks

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Thank you everyone, for all the wonderful comments on my story.The true event that was my inspiration has haunted me always.So many people go missing every year, with very little explaination.
Some say aliens, some say time warps or black holes, who knows what else.
I would prefer to think that we all at some point go back to the oneness and the nothing that we all come from in the first place.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join