It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reccuring dream about New York.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Greetings

I don't know much about dreams, and have not read about them much. I have this disturbing dream, that i would like to share with you. I see this dream few time's amonth and been seeing it for 4 years. I don't know what it mean's, and i would love to hear about different explanations, if there is a dream expert here.

The dream always start's with a travel to the target, this changes form time to time. Some time's i got to New York with a boat, bus or the dream just starts from there. Everytime the dream starts, i have my best friend with me and a woman that always look's the same and in the dream she is my wife. I have never seen this woman before, only in the dreams.

Each time when i arrive to the New York, it look's different and each time i go like "WOW, so this is New York, i tought i would never get here.", in each dream it is some sort of awe experience (This is strange since i have money now to fly to New York and it would not be such a awe experience, it would ofcourse be nice and all, but not in that scale that i have in the dream.)

I have never visited America and i live in scandinavia, but i have had my fair share of traveling to over 48 countries in the last 15 years.

Now each dream has same ending, i'm either in hotel or trying to run to hotel as i see a white flash of light for few seconds and then, i notice a nuclear explosion in the center of New York and the shock wave is coming my way, then in all dreams i wake up.

So why do i see these dreams few times each month. In every dream i'm first time in New York and it ends in nuclear explosion. Is there some kind of explanation to this dream? I'm not fearful of terrorism, or nuclear war, so i don't understand it.

FaxMachine

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FaxMachine

A lot of times dreams tell what will happen in the future, or something like it. Dude that is kidna of scary and sounds like it can happen. Whats more assuring, is that you have the dream over and over. Ive had dreams like that especially since i live in NYC

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
If it is reoccurring for years, the subconscious of humanity is trying to tell you something.

You see, god, knows and experiences things all at once, in past, present, and future, and what has happened, happens, and cannot happen any other way. I could not have typed this any other way, or make any typos that I did not make.

We can all agree that New York is the most powerful city in the world, being head for the majority of companies that exist in the world, and holding people of ALL races. In all civilizations, this is Babylon.

What you are experiencing is in revelations, gods word. Go read it and you will be amazed at the comparison to your dream. Specifically, the passage your dreaming about is revelations 18 "The Fall of Babylon". Babylon is a city that is destroyed by the mistakes of humanity. The destruction of it symbolizes the beginning of the final end of that civilization. There have been several Babylons in the last 1.2 million years or more. When each civilization becomes doomed, Babylon is destroyed.

So new york being nuked in your dream is not out of the norm. Was was Hitlers #1 target? You guessed it, it was New York city. He spent allot of his war funds on ways of delivering munitions to it, one of which even included making a semi-orbital space plane, that was powered on a track by 30 V2 rockets, and accelerated to mach 1.2, at the end of the track throwing it upward into orbit, then it glides to new york to delives its payload, a "dirty bomb", not a nuke, but a heavy bomb with uranium enriched rods or radioactive silicone that spread radiation to the whole city. Anyway, you can see in all times of new yorks existence, it has been public enemy number 1.

Your dream is the end of the world, only years away. After the four hourses finish their rein, after all bowls have been poured, after all trumpets blown, new york will be nuked, and anyone not taken by the rapture there, will be killed.

If I were you, I would not go to new york.

To analyze your dream further, a bus, boat, or plane, signifies a "journey" or 'venture' you will take. If not to new york, somewhere. You will try to start a business of helping people judging by the hotel. You will either try to warn or get people you know out.

I'm not sure what this woman signifies, but at ALL COST, remember her face. YOU WILL MEET HER. Listen to her every word, marry her if you must, she is a very important person, and will give you guidance.

Only you can unlock deeper self meaning, because only YOU have the keys in your head. I have said all I can. I would say I hope this helps, but ny ny will be nuked, no matter what we try to do. Do not let this message I have given stop you from trying to warn the whore (ny), do not let it stop you taking a trip there if chance or situation calls. Take the trip, help people, and finally, GODSPEED BROTHER.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think dreams are just a figment of your imagination. I remember when I first started researching UFO'S I had a number of strange different dreams relating to UFO'S and different planets. Maybe you've been researching wars and current events, it's natural.

[edit on 6uSaturday07/27/20 by paul76]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by zakd619
Ive had dreams like that especially since i live in NYC

I have 1 think to say to you, and 1 alone. GET OUT. NOWWWW!

Originally posted by paul76
I think dreams are just a figment of your imagination.

pay ZERO attention to this. No offense to paul.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Well, from experience, my dreams generally are an amalgamation of things I have recently experienced combined with stress level and other stimuli (such as eating right before bed, or sleeping in a strange place). But on occasion I have had dreams that aren't nearly as prophetic as yours, and they DO come true. Generally It'll be something simple, like a conversation with a friend. I'll wake up and think "Now why would I ask Don if his Jaguar was in the shop... he doesn't own one!". Then, sometime later, Sure enough Don owns a Jaguar and tells me he had to take it to the shop to get this or that fixed. Generally I stop the conversation in mid stride and say "Now I say , and you reply , and it freaks people out.

Anyway, my point is that maybe it's stimuli or it's prophecy, but I'd be wary of going to NYC in either case. Better safe than sorry. And I'm sorry 1337, but I don't and won't put the god tag on this. I don't push any religion on anybody nor do I incorporate it into daily conversations.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1337cshacker

We can all agree that New York is the most powerful city in the world, being head for the majority of companies that exist in the world, and holding people of ALL races. In all civilizations, this is Babylon.

What you are experiencing is in revelations, gods word. Go read it and you will be amazed at the comparison to your dream. Specifically, the passage your dreaming about is revelations 18 "The Fall of Babylon". Babylon is a city that is destroyed by the mistakes of humanity. The destruction of it symbolizes the beginning of the final end of that civilization. There have been several Babylons in the last 1.2 million years or more. When each civilization becomes doomed, Babylon is destroyed.

I think this is illigetimate because babylon is Iraq and no way close to New york city. Just because its a big city doesnt mean anything.

To analyze your dream further, a bus, boat, or plane, signifies a "journey" or 'venture' you will take. If not to new york, somewhere. You will try to start a business of helping people judging by the hotel. You will either try to warn or get people you know out.

I'm not sure what this woman signifies, but at ALL COST, remember her face. YOU WILL MEET HER. Listen to her every word, marry her if you must, she is a very important person, and will give you guidance.

Only you can unlock deeper self meaning, because only YOU have the keys in your head. I have said all I can. I would say I hope this helps, but ny ny will be nuked, no matter what we try to do. Do not let this message I have given stop you from trying to warn the whore (ny), do not let it stop you taking a trip there if chance or situation calls. Take the trip, help people, and finally, GODSPEED BROTHER.

Although i do agree with this and dreams can give you hints and tips to your future. Dreams can also be VERY Symbollic and all these things could be Symbolizing something else. I believe that the woman, if you ever find her. Keep her.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I think this is illigetimate because babylon is Iraq and no way close to New york city. Just because its a big city doesnt mean anything.

New York is the incarnation of ancient Babylon.

The bible may be a fairy tale, but what it talks about in prophacy HAS happened, and will happen again and again.

Rome is the incarnation of Babylon, the U.S. is the incarnation of Rome. There's even a suburb of New York called Babylon. Think about it!, haha

[edit on 7-10-2007 by tobiascore]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I have recurring dreams from time to time, would like to tell you one...

In one, I am in a tall skycraper, and there's warnings being blasted on the radio about this mysterious cloud that is approaching. I don't know how I know this, but in the dream, I know that this cloud is traveling from the west coast of the US to the east. and well, I'm at the east, so it's traveled across the nation. but the warning is saying to get inside, that this cloud is so dense and heavy, it will crush you. secure all the windows, and doors, so it cannot enter your building.
Well, I am standing at the window watching this cloud move in...and yes, it's literally crushing people on the streets. But, well, as it passes, I reach out and take a chunk of it in my hand, and it turns to dust very easily....
so, how is it crushing the people???

well, I kind of think I figured out what this dream meant when the smoking bans began sweeping across the nation, with it's kind of not so sane fear of second hand smoke. That would kind of tie into the research and work I was doing at the time into the US's welfare system and such...the crushing will come later down the road, when the gov't lets things continue it's downward slide and they discover that most of the people are being forced by household economics to depend on these programs or credit debt....and well, not enough people are putting more money into the state coffer than they are taking out.
and in essence, much of the reason for all this sudden interest in our personal habits, what we eat and such is that it's beginning to be seen that hey, our habits seem to be costing other people money!!

but, the point I am making is that it might be a good idea to keep your mind open as to the reason for the dream....you might find a few years from now, to be quite symbolic pointing to something entirely different. just like I might with the dream I mentioned above.

by the way, I was assure a long time ago, that one could survive a nuclear blast....if the creator, God, decided it was his will for you to survive....

I still would be very uneasy to go to NYC if I were you....
ain't such a great place to be anyways...and well, if you do try to go, don't try to drive into the place.....that's a nightmare. probably why you're coming in by boat....lol... Maybe your subconscious mind knows this and is trying to find the easiest way to get into the city???

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I think this is illegitimate because Babylon is Iraq and no way close to New york city. Just because its a big city doesn't mean anything.

That is not so. The old Babylon was where modern Iraq is, yes very true. But its a fact in old tales, vedic literature, and revelations that Babylon is the greatest city on earth, which is currently New York. If the world is soon going to end in years, this is where destruction would be on this magnitude. Also, you think their are luxuries and splendor in Iraq? No, far from it, and Babylon in revelations is the 'greatest city', not country. Furthermore the words apply to modern times, because that is when the book was intended to be understood. No one even 20 years ago could fully understand revelations, but today we can.

Babylon is a place where people want to exist WITHOUT god and be on their own, sounds like crap hole New York to me.

Further, the description in revelations IS New York, "where all businesses are, where luxury is" and "how all other nations drunk her wine", "how business men made so much gold from her". Most all companies that exist have HQ in New York, or at least an office. Some places only exist in New York, bringing further merrit. Babylon is always destroyed with the fall of each civilization, has happened to past people, and will ours.

NY has been target of all US enemies almost since its birth. It holds "A sea" which is people of all races.

I suggest you go read it.

Anyone in NY, get out, or be disintegrated.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I would say as long as YOU don't go to New York we'll all be fine.

Stay in Scandinavia and keep your nukes to yourself

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
New york City is the greatest city on earth? Really. That's a pretty large claim. Isn't it? Do if NY is Babylon, what is Los Angeles???

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlausibleDeniability

I have nukes/planes to blow nyc and live in scandinavia? Really?!?!? Did you iptrace me? If you did, you would see time warner ISP. I'm not proxied now. If you want I can relay though a proxy in Scandinavia (if they have proxyies there dunno). Heh, you worry about the sleeper cells and who we elected to be in charge of securing borders, and not where I am, what I'm doing, etc.

Originally posted by acegotflows
what is Los Angeles???

I can tell you what its not. Not the worlds business capitol like nyc. LA is hardly "sharing its wine and luxury". I doubt its more populated but if it is, it still makes no difference because of said statement.

Hey guys, this is what I think ok, call it my opinion, rather than attempting to debunk this, share yours on what you think of the dream. I do not intend to offend, change any ones residence, or scare people in nyc. I'm stating what I think is going to happen because of this kids reoccurring dream (most all the time a prophecy) and what is stated by gods word in revelations. Anyone do some homework and read rev 18, or the entire book yet? Revelations is in the bible for a reason, if none of it were true, wtf is it doing in there and what does it mean? Unless you debunk the entire bible, (lol) its pretty much going to happen, whether NYC is babylon or not, babylon exist somewhere today and these events are about to occur. Thats what I thought.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I have nukes/planes to blow nyc and live in scandinavia? Really?!?!? Did you iptrace me? If you did, you would see time warner ISP. I'm not proxied now. If you want I can relay though a proxy in Scandinavia (if they have proxyies there dunno). Heh, you worry about the sleeper cells and who we elected to be in charge of securing borders, and not where I am, what I'm doing, etc.

Originally posted by acegotflows
what is Los Angeles???

I can tell you what its not. Not the worlds business capitol like nyc. LA is hardly "sharing its wine and luxury". I doubt its more populated but if it is, it still makes no difference because of said statement.

Hey guys, this is what I think ok, call it my opinion, rather than attempting to debunk this, share yours on what you think of the dream. I do not intend to offend, change any ones residence, or scare people in nyc. I'm stating what I think is going to happen because of this kids reoccurring dream (most all the time a prophecy) and what is stated by gods word in revelations. Anyone do some homework and read rev 18, or the entire book yet? Revelations is in the bible for a reason, if none of it were true, wtf is it doing in there and what does it mean? Unless you debunk the entire bible, (lol) its pretty much going to happen, whether NYC is babylon or not, babylon exist somewhere today and these events are about to occur. Thats what I thought.

I have said this before in other threads, pardon if I sound repeted.

Revelation is an account of what going to happen in the future, based on what has happend in the past. Predicting human actions is easy once you understand human nature. Predicting the universe is more difficult, but it all works along the same lines. Recycle, rebirth, death, recycle, etc, etc.

Revelation was just predicting a new Babylon, because the spirit of Nimrod which came from babylon, was the same spirit that brought down 3 other empires. When John made predictions, he did it based on the Roman model he lived in, and knew history and how the Universe works (his direct connection with God).

The more prophacy plays out, and the more history you know, the more things add up and the more you can predict the future. But it's never set in stone. Like I said, it's based on human nature and the Universal model of negativity and positivity.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i live right now, across the river from new york. i am looking out the window, as i type, at the empire state building.

before this apartment, i had an apartment in JERSEY CITY, which was right across the river, as well.

i had a dream once, where i went to this TWO FLOOR bar in the city. i was driving home one night, and WHAM, i see some weird bar i had never seen. (i do not drink, but i love to explore bars.)

i stopped my car, which was on some weird side street i never go to. the street was named DOMINIC, which in itself, is a coincidence, as that is my confirmation name.

so i walk into this bar, for no apparent reason, only to realize, i had visited it, in my dream! i even told the bartender, who had a laugh at me.

i was amazed to see this bar from my dreams, exist in reality.

i did take a dream class, in college, which explored how dreams worked. we studied the scientific aspects, as well as spiritual.

scary thing is, i think dreams are a little bit of BOTH.

the scientific aspect is, your SUBCONCIOUS, which is 94% of your brain, is trying to give your CONSICOUS brain a report on how your body is doing. like, if your foot is hurt, it tries to explain this to your concious brain, THROUGH IMAGERY. remember, we only use like 6% of our brain, that is what im using to write this, and you are using this to read.

so every day, your subconcious runs your body. it has to repair all the damage done to it, build cells, etc. then, it makes a 'report' of sorts, and EXPLAINS this, to your concious, through DREAMS.

in order to fully understand your dreams, you need to keep a DETAILED dream journal, over the course of 2 months, and then, and ONLY then, can you attempt to comprehend the messages. DO NOT USE dream books you see at barnes and noble. your brain does not follow the same messages as my brain.

it is like this. let us say, you injured your RIGHT CALF, only slightly. so yoru subconcious warns you, 'hey, this week, take it easy because we are repairing your RIGHT CALF.' but it uses SYMBOLISM to do it. your right calf, could be a CAT, a SHIN GUARD, a SOCCER BALL, anything!

this is why you cannot use some book in a store, because everyone's brain will use different symbolism.

now, the only way to interpret these symbols, is to write down your dreams over 2 months, THEN, read them back to back to back. you will see certain elements, that your body is trying to explain to you. then, you can start to learn the language of your own subconcious.

that is what i gathered, from all the scientific studies we learned in the dream class.

BUT, i also believe, we do some light 'spirit projection' as well. at this point, if that happens, ANYTHING is poissible, and all symbolism would be very difficult to comprehend, as we would then be visiting the infinity.

the problem is, you have your body, trying to give you a report of how your are doing, and then, you have light spirit (astral) projecting as well. these two events are extremely similar. which is another reason, you need to write down your dreams over a minimum 2 month span, to really start to even TRY and comprehend them.

this problem screws everything up. because, if we do spirit project, then that is a 'reality' even though it is a crazy. so those events are REAL.

but at the same time, you have your body, creating images, which are NOT real, and all they are, is symbolism trying to convey messages.

but i think spirit projection is MUCH less than normal. meaning, 99% of dreams, are just your body giving you the daily report.

your story scares the heck out of me, though. having found a bar, from my dreams, means, dreams can in fact, be real. so the fact you dream the bomb will hit nyc, scares me, considering i live across the river from it.

the only promising news, is, just about EVERY movie, every tv show, always LOVE to show nyc getting blown up, hit by asteroids, hit by lasers from some UFO, etc. so that image has been bombared into many people for many years. and maybe you are just transfixed on that memory.

even so, thanks for scaring me big time tonight!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   

The fact that you don't live in Scandinavia should have been an obvious clue that I wasn't talking to you.

If you actually read the OP's post it might make more sense to you.

sigh, another one of my hilarious jokes wasted

[edit on 10/8/2007 by PlausibleDeniability]

top topics

join