It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Kellogg-Briand Pact of 1928

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Thought this might be of some interest in this forum. The sad thing is that it was inspired and created by the Americans.
www.yale.edu...

I liked this line especially:
Persuaded that the time has, come when a frank renunciation of war as an instrument of na tional policy should be made to the end that the peaceful and friendly relations now existing between their peoples may be perpetuated;

This policies laid out in the document were expressly used in the war crime trials of the Germans and Japanese at the end opf the second world war...

There is no govenor anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:10 AM
link   
is this a kelloggs cornflakes conspiracy?

tr

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Not profitable. Guess it was good for government, though. Peace- is the word archaic? War on drugs-war on terrorism-war on war?
Even Germany signed that document. But the private army of Hitler, funded by George Bush's grandad (Prescott)
destroyed that German government. At least, thats what I read.

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by tr]

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I haven't heard mention of this pact since I was at school.

I think there are more recent international agreements which express similar sentiments within the auspices of the UN therefore I don't see the relevance to the present day situation.This is over 75 years old.

Still............

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Placed within proper historical context and relevance, one can see how and why it applied to that particular time period. That time period was after WWI and prior to WWII. Its relevance is that it was binding for that time period including up to the end of WWII, 1945. It has no relevance today though, as far as what I researched.

"EUROPE, 1919-1929"
Link:
www.johndclare.net...

* The Desire for Disarmament
* The Geneva Protocol, 1924
* Locarno Peace Pact, 1925
* The Pact of Paris (Kellogg-Briand Pact), 1928
* Naval Disarmament
* The 1935 Disarmament Conference

regards
seekerof

top topics