It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Their Research can now Help Bird Flu Spread to us Humans.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   

THURSDAY, Oct. 4 (HealthDay News) -- U.S. scientists say they've spotted a crucial step the deadly H5N1 bird flu virus must take in order to spread easily in humans.

Since H5N1 first appeared in 1997, there have been more than 250 human infections. Of those, 150 were fatal. Most of the human infections were the result of close contact with infected birds. So far, the virus has not developed the ability to spread easily among humans.

Now, researchers led by University of Wisconsin-Madison virologist Yoshihiro Kawaoka have pinpointed a single change in a viral protein that helps H5N1 infect the cells of the upper respiratory system in mammals. The adaptation could enable the virus to infect a wider range of cell types and spread more easily among humans, the scientists said.

Yelp, I'm a firm believer our government has made this virus. Way back in 97 I watched them in their white coats on the news pumping something in chickens with needles. Claiming they had this virus. Yeah, right after they gave it to them. Now the government wants to give this virus to us. They have stopped at nothing to find the last step to do so. Now it can easily be spread.

So heads up everyone. This research was not done to stop it. It was done to put it out there for us.

link to story

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I knew this would eventually happen. Now its just a matter of time until an accident happens and an outbreak happens in humans. Im sure itll be a long way down the road until that happens thought, not really too worried about it right now, but iguess anythings possible these days.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It should be noted, that the Colony Colapse Disorder that has killed as much as 50% of the North American Honey Bees struck 2 months after the Genome for the Honey Bee was decoded.

I see your point.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
As unfortunate as it is I think what you have stated is completely possible. Just another form of population control. Quite the prospect, and none of it is good for us. Thanks for the thread. Flagged, and starred.

Did you ever get a glass of water for that cough? lol, catch ya later Shar, nice seeing you.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Bird Flu is just one of the many contagions that (I believe) the government have engineered,and released among society for the purpose of depopulization.

I honestly see no other reason they'd do this other than to control the number of humans living on Earth.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Osiris1953,

Um, nope still have that “cough” “cough, cough”

I totally agree with everyone’s statement’s on here. The government is doing this against the people.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:13 AM
link   
If the bird flu had actually affected more than 250 people world wide, or had any affect on global population, then I might believe that it was engineered to depopulate the planet. However, since 000000003% of the planet has been affected, I doubt it. In my own opinion it was just another sick way for Rumsfeld and his cronies to profit off of fear.

I would be curious to see just how much money he made by hyping up that as a "pandemic" and being the sole provider of the vaccine. I would bet it is a pretty substantial sum of money.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
One of the people on the Dr Deagle Show actually was in contact with one of the Phd level scientists involved in the engineering of Bird Flu - he stated he left the program when he realized he was simply on a wepaonization program...

Dr Deagle talked extensively about this bird flu in the WAY OUT there talk one can download at www.anomalicresearch.com...

Fox news confirmed that the Spanish Flu was actually reverse engineered from nothing in their own articles - and as reported in Science and Nature.

It does not get any more obvious than that...

Researchers in the United States described how they used a "reverse engineering" technique to re-construct Spanish Flu.
www.channel4.com...

Dr Deagle has stated that the odds of the Spanish Flu magically migrating from having 1 receptor to having 6, and spontaneously creating itself from nothing is like winning a million lotteries - it doesn't happen.

Spanish Flu Very Similar to Avian Flu
www.finfacts.com...

"It has been reported that the virus responsible for the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic, which killed an estimated 50m people worldwide, has been reconstructed by genetic engineering in a high-security US laboratory. Separately, the World Health Organization released a major report on chronic diseases."

Fatality rate of Spanish Flu - 2% death rate.
Fatality rate of Avain Flu - 60% Average Death Rate

Source WHO etc.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by XR500Final]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Wow, thank you. Yelp, its not hard to open you’re eyes up and realize what is truly going on.

The government has for years, years, years created this kind of stuff against us. They could care less.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't know how, by reading the original article, anyone could come to the conclusion that we have manufactured H5N1. Influenza has many different serotypes including H9N2, H5N1, H7N2, H1N1, H7N3, H10N7, which in the case of Bird Flu stand for the 5th glycoprotein of Hemagglutinin (HA) and the 1st glycoprotein of Neuraminidase (NA). On the most basic level this is what distinguishes each serotype of Influenza in that Neuraminidase is a specific enzyme which releases new viral particles and Hemagglutinin is a Lectin (carbohydrate bound protein) which helps the virus bind to the host cell. When antibiotic agents are administered to a patient some of them only attach to the aforementioned proteins found on the capsid and lipid envelope, and we are able to classify each serotype by its binding factors. In other words, the distinguishing factor between say Bird Flu and Spanish Flu is that we see certain antibiotics will only attach to the following:

Bird Flu: 5th protein of Hemagglutinin and 1st protein of Neuraminidase

Spanish Flu: 1st protein of Hemagglutinin and 1st protein of Neuraminidase

I believe this is what the original article was referring to in that they have observed one of these proteins on the viral capsid, which allows it to cross species. With this information you can see how easy it is for many variations of one virus to occur, and this taken with the fact that Influenza is one of the fastest replicating RNA based viruses, we can also observe how mutations occur so often. Influenza also lacks RNA polymerase enzymes that are responsible for pinpointing errors during transcriptase, meaning that every time it replicates it only makes 1 error in every 10,000 nucleotides. Now, because the entire length of one Influenza viral RNA genome is only 10,000 nucleotides itself we see that 1 error (mutation) will occur in every single budding virus. This means one replication cycle of H5N1 will produce a slightly different virus than its predecessor, which is biologically consistant with RNA based viruses.

As XR500Final alluded to about Spanish Influenza being reverse engineered, this has a few meanings, but in genetics and biology it basically means to manipulate the genome in order to transfer certain genes between viruses. In the case of Spanish Flu H1N1 Immunologists and Medical scientists will essentially work with two mutations of the same Influenza virus and splice parts of H1 and N1 from the 1st virus into seperate DNA plasmids. Then they will take additional pieces of HA and NA from the 2nd virus and splice them with the prepared plasmids. These plasmids are then grown in fully matured mammalian cells, which instructs the cell to create more versions of the newly created strain and remove the virulence. Many vaccines are engineered by this exact same process and it's quite common because it makes the vaccines even safer to handle.

On top of that, as XR500Final stated, and I'm quite curious as to where this information came from:

Dr Deagle has stated that the odds of the Spanish Flu magically migrating from having 1 receptor to having 6, and spontaneously creating itself from nothing is like winning a million lotteries - it doesn't happen.

All viruses have the ability to alter their genetic structure and Spanish Flu (H1N1) has angenically drifted its genome and structure on numerous occasions because of the RNA polymerase proofreading error I previously mentioned. This means that the outer glycoprotein layer of HA and NA can drift and reassort itself from H1N1 into H2N2 and H3N2, of which it has before, but this is completely different than what "Dr. Deagle" said. In fact, H1N1 (which is a distinct serotype of Influenza A) does not have any "receptors" on its surface, so there is something intrinsically wrong with the above quote. Viruses are composed of an outer layer of glycoproteins and human cells are the receptors of the virus. In other words, the receptors are found on your own cells and are composed of sialic acid linked sugars in the form of sialylglycoconjugates bearing of 2'-sialyllactose and 3'-sialyllactose (when H1N1 crosses to humans it has 2' and 6' linkages), so there is no way for a virus to display the characteristics of "migrating from having 1 receptor to having 6" as the above quote states.

With that information one can see why influenza continues to pose problems, and does't need the help of scientists to help its already present pathogenic traits. Namely, because of the following:

1. Influenza's viral RNA polymerase creates too many mistakes per genome and mutates so often based on this to account for all the serotypes.

2. The main distinction between serotypes involves the number of and location of Hemagglutinin proteins and Neuraminidase enzymes on the viral surface.

3. Each serotype uses site specific cellular receptors to bind with the host, and these receptors are located on the host cell, and not on the virus itself.

4. Influenza subtypes, like most RNA viruses are difficult to manufacture even in controlled settings, and errors during viral transcription make it hard to account for their variability. There is no reason to re-manufacture a virus that is already so good at fooling the best minds in the world by itself.

[edit on 13-11-2007 by Jazzerman]

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well in my humble opinion virus seem alter their genetic structure all right. Especially, when man is playing where he shouldn’t be. We do a lot in helping these virus spread and change.

new topics

top topics

join