It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new twist on the "Bob Lazar" story?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I was just looking through some of the threads and came across this.

AREA 51 INSTALLATION GROOM LAKE, NEVADA

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I came across the part about Bob Lazar, and his story of working there, (At S-4) and a thought ran through my head.

My question to all of you is what if Bob was telling the truth?

At least in a way that he thought it to be the truth?

What if the Military told him that the work he was doing there was the reverse engineering of alien spacecraft, when, that was actually just a cover story for what they have previously engineered themselves, but don't want anyone else to know about it?

Again, it's just a thought that went through my mind just now, but what if what he said is something he really doesn't believe to be a lie? (Even though it may in fact be one?) If that's what he really believes to be the truth, then even if you hook him up to a lie detector, there's really no way for anyone to prove otherwise.

The military does, after all, really like to use cover stories to keep hidden what they are actually doing. History will prove that fact without a doubt. (To be quite honest, I can't really blame them.) And what better way than to deceive common humanity with a topic that most will dismiss without any further thought as being one too bizaar and out there to give any more real thought?

All thoughts on this are welcome.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Plausible, but even if Lazar was telling his own version of the truth, he still lied about his educational background and his work experience at Los Alamos. Lazar has taken lie detector tests in the past, with 'inconclusive' results.

I think Lazar thinks he's telling the truth, but I think it's more to do with self-delusion than a government disinformation ploy. Interesting topic none the less.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well it doesn't all make sense. The one thing I found to be weird is that his private company United Nuclear, still deals with classified government information. I do not understand how you supposedly blow the lid off one of the biggest government secrets, and they award you with more classified contracts. I believe some parts of his story, and other parts I have a hard time with. Very confusing.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Originally posted by sToKcArR

Plausible, but even if Lazar was telling his own version of the truth, he still lied about his educational background and his work experience at Los Alamos.

Thanks for the postsToKcArR. No, Bob did not lie about his educational background. For reaons unknown to me or Bob all of his records have disappeared. That doesn't mean he lied and in fact he didn't.

Lazar has taken lie detector tests in the past, with 'inconclusive' results.

This statement is incorrect. Tavernneti, the guy that George Knapp hired to do the tests did three. One was inconclusive trhe other 2 confirmed that Bob believed he was telling the truth.

I think Lazar thinks he's telling the truth, but I think it's more to do with self-delusion than a government disinformation ploy. Interesting topic none the less.

This line of speculation always comes back to the question, "How did Bob Lazar know the exact time and date of the flying saucer test at S-4 that John Lear witnessed on March 22, 1989?"

Some of the answers proposed:

Bob Lazar was a cook at S-4.

John Lear is lying.

They witnessed a government test of laser beams.

They never saw anything, thats where their meth lab was.

Thanks for your post and your input.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Isn't it true that Bob Lazar knew stuff about the properties of element 115 before that element was found to exist? I mean, isn't there an element that now exists that has the same properties that Bob Lazar said it had years before it was found, and it sits up at or near 115 in the element chart? sounds confusing but I know what I mean, lol.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by wigit]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Isn't it true that Bob Lazar knew stuff about the properties of element 115 before that element was found to exist?

This is true. Lazar knew details of the properties of element 115, now called Ununpentium, before it was generally discovered. His details differed from current analysis of the element, including it's half-life. Lazar postulates that the distant-stellar element 'version' is more stable.

This line of speculation always comes back to the question, "How did Bob Lazar know the exact time and date of the flying saucer test at S-4 that John Lear witnessed on March 22, 1989?"

Thanks for your response John. Those details are fascinating, and a lot of that information was new to me. I agree completely that anyone compromising a military installation secrecy policy in this way would have his employment record disavowed to ruin his credibility. He'd already made too much noise to just 'silence' him. I believe he did work at Los Alamos, and probably at other installations, and probably knew about future government vehicles, and could direct attention towards a specific date and time a concept vehicle was to be flight tested.

Thanks for the postsToKcArR. No, Bob did not lie about his educational background. For reaons unknown to me or Bob all of his records have disappeared. That doesn't mean he lied and in fact he didn't.

If his records have disapeared, and there's no record of his educational background, that doesn't mean Lazar is telling the truth, either. I have seen his W2 records from the Department of Naval Intelligence, and still believe Lazar was working in or around confidential projects. I think his stories, though based on fact, have been embellished and exaggerated.

In reference to the topic at hand, yes, I think Lazar is telling the truth - his truth. It is what he has come to believe, and what he has convinced himself happened. I believe most of it is the 'real' truth, but there is too much static to blindly believe in everything he says.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Maybe this has been posted before; I'm new here.

But couldn't the whole Bob Lazar thing be "deliberate" on the part of the government?

They deliberately put him to work apparently reverse engineering a spacecraft, then deliberately let him go so he'll tell his story as a way of "confusing and deceiving our enemies" that we have technology we really don't.

It seems to me that would be a clever ruse and I've never read it anywhere else.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I've pondered this as well,
in This thread.
Oddly, noone took it seriously.

I was quite serious.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I, for one believe Bob Lazar is telling the truth, or what he thinks is the truth. He seems to know what he's talking about. Note I bolded "seems" since I'm no physicist so it could be one of those sciences that sound real but are fake.
Here's a video of him explaining if you guys still didn't see it yet:
stage6.divx.com...

I even added him as a friend on MySpace! He put me as one of his "Top Friends" too, lol.

I'm [ºHyžeråº]~[§§§§]

Eddited for spelling

[edit on 10/15/2007 by Hyzera]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americantrucker
My question to all of you is what if Bob was telling the truth?
At least in a way that he thought it to be the truth?

He could very well be telling what he believes is the truth. Now, whether or not that is the actual, real truth is up for debate. Just because somebody showed him or told him things doesn't mean he was told and shown the real truth, either.

The truth is a pretty slippery thing. People generally believe what they see with their own two eyes, but I've sat at a magician's table and seen them do stuff that was simply impossble. So I know I can only trust my own eyes just so far.

Anyway, if his whole story is true, then I don't know a lot I can do about it one way or another. Should I demand that they come clean? Yeah, I'm sure they'd jump right up and tell me everything I wanted to know. Hah. So if it was the truth, it would be one of those kinds of useless truths, like how many moons are there around Saturn. Can't really do anything about it.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by Nohup]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
How can you all just point and call him a liar. The Goverment can hide military bases and such but can't edit your educational past?

I like that your thinking about the possibilities of it being a cover-up but even then we have alien like craft with myserious properties that wouldn't be known to what we would consider 'the best' of the engineering and physics world.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by amanbuthimself]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

lazars history is there so take 1 minute and 12 seconds to see his name in the los alamos phone directory and see him in a news paper which reads that he worked at the lab

he was clearly there doing something, playing with himself maybe? i mean if he wasn't there working on the things he said he worked on then what else would he be doing

[edit on 29-11-2007 by OSSkyWatcher]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
TextTextText RedI have a really hard time buyng Lazars story due to the fact that in recent interviews he is basically laughing at the questions surrounding Area 51/S-4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TextI also have a hard time buying into his story as if it were even half true Mr. Lazar would be dead or jailed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TextNow dont get me wrong I still think there is more to our Secret Bases than meets the eye but as far as Lazar I'd bet he made it all up..................

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There is one thing about Lazar that bothers me mostly . And I would love John to answer if he could please (because beeing a close friend of Lazar he should know the answer to that one )

If Lazar is telling the truth (I am on the fence on this one personally for now) how is it that after blowing the whisle on such a big cover up , (because lets be honest if all what he said was true that should piss off the gov pretty much ) and going public with it on so manny sites/places , he gets another goverment contract ? This dosent make sense to me

If that was answered anywhere please link me to that thread because I tried to get an answer to this question on several sites and nobody could really help me out

[edit on 13-12-2007 by Thill]

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JOEYSINNER

No, I think he must have some backing somewhere, like John Lear may have some...

some people who may be supportimng these guys... or maybe they have some setup, that in case if they are hurt will inform general masses... they may have made this clear to the people who wants to hurt them

On the other note... I think Bob's story is true... or else why his credentials from MIT are wiped completely? because that makes his story totals fake... just imagine that his degrees are true... than his story becomes more difficult to deny, so they just wiped his history and than simply said... who is Bob Lazer?, he is just making his story, he has no education to do what he claims.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think the right page is:
www.myspace.com...

Maybe John Lear could verify this?

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Originally posted by SkipShipman

I think the right page is:
www.myspace.com...

Maybe John Lear could verify this?

There is no way that this page was created by Bob. None.

Sorry for the one line post. There is nothing more to say.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
John could You please answer my question from a few post back in this thread ? I would really appreciate it . Beeing that You are a close friend of his , both of you had to talk about that sometime

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I was just wondering. What is the right "myspace," page?

It seems that anyone can post a tribute page, and make it appear to be genuine. For the rock stars however, you get enough information up to date about concerts to have a good idea about it, maybe when they say "The Official so and so site."

Well thanks for your remarks John, however if we can get a clue it would be interesting to view what the right page is. Nonetheless it may not exist at all, because it could well be bugged more so than other web pages due to the high volume of intramural traffic.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Originally posted by SkipShipman

Well thanks for your remarks John, however if we can get a clue it would be interesting to view what the right page is. Nonetheless it may not exist at all, because it could well be bugged more so than other web pages due to the high volume of intramural traffic.

Skip, the only page you are going to see any comments or any pictures about Bob is on unitednuclear.com. He is now one of the largest suppliers of scientific equipment in the world. He would not have the slightest time to post on any of the pages. He works a minimum of 16 hours a day just filling orders.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join