It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home School, Anyone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Ok well you guys can get all pissed off but the rule that kids can't have any sort of drugs on them in school at any time without going through the nurse applies in 99% of schools. Parents even have to authorize the nurse to give their kids tylenol or advil at the start of the school year. I'm guessing this has to do with drug allergies and children being generally ignorant about dangerous things, but this sort of rule has been in place for a long time in most schools. Yes it is stupid, yes a strip search is extreme even if the girl wasn't cooperating, no it is not illegal or against anything that's been established for a long time. Sorry to burst your hate bubble.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
the fact that she had to strip in public is the issue here, not that she got in trouble for having pills. you seem to be ok with that which is a little disturbing.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by an0maly33]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
lightworker... you're FREAKING kidding me, right!?!? Forcing a minor to disrobe is a FELONY!!! She was NOT under arrest by the ONLY authorities permitted to execute a strip search - and even those authorities have VERY specific guidelines on how a strip search of a minor is to be conducted and what reasons - neither of which fit into this circumstance!

The fact that schools have a zero tolerance policy is fine. Call the parents and expel her from school for carrying a prohibited substance. Or call the police and have her arrested for breaking the law (I can assure you that the cops wouldn't have bothered by the way). This went WAAAAAAAAAAAY too far and you can be certain that my reaction to this would have been equally over-reaching!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

Seeing that the mother tried to sue and lost that means the legal system thinks it's ok for 13yr old girls to strip in school, And we all know the legal system know's whats best for us "sheeple"......

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
so if i send my kid to school naked one day i can have him carry along the copy of this ruling and have him show it to everyone that challenges his behavior - no problem. if the administration gets away with making kids get naked then the kids should be untouchable for willfully getting naked.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by an0maly33

No.She did not choose to strip but did buy force from school staff

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightworker12
Yes it is stupid, yes a strip search is extreme even if the girl wasn't cooperating, no it is not illegal or against anything that's been established for a long time. Sorry to burst your hate bubble.

It may not be illegal, but it's still completely insane.

These zero-tolerance policies are so idiotic it defies description.

Sorry, but my hate is still going strong, and with good reason.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I dont get the point of these zero tolerance policies?

I mean if some kid has a bottle of Tylenol in his bag it's not like there are "Tylenol detectors" that will beep and blink. The only way anyone would know is if the kid gets a headache and needs a Tylenol.

Now if the kid has a sack of heroine in his bag why on Earth would he be stupid enough to just pull it out and use it?

It's just moronic to think that banning and outlawing possession of ibuprofen or Tylenol will in anyway reduce the presence of illegal drug in schools.

We all pay the salaries of these government educators and administrators. They work for us. Unfortunately so many of us have grown up in their system so I seriously doubt there are that many who truly oppose anything they do to our kids. Give it a few more generations and they'll be strapping our daughters in OBGYN chairs and sending every administrator in for a turn and the deeply brainwashed and well trained government school graduates will demand tax hikes and increase the monsters salaries for the good job they are doing with out children.

Who was the great moron that thought government education for the masses was a good idea? The only thing they were missing is forcing it at gunpoint. Give it time.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lightworker12
Ok well you guys can get all pissed off but the rule that kids can't have any sort of drugs on them in school at any time without going through the nurse applies in 99% of schools. Parents even have to authorize the nurse to give their kids tylenol or advil at the start of the school year. I'm guessing this has to do with drug allergies and children being generally ignorant about dangerous things, but this sort of rule has been in place for a long time in most schools. Yes it is stupid, yes a strip search is extreme even if the girl wasn't cooperating, no it is not illegal or against anything that's been established for a long time. Sorry to burst your hate bubble.

What exactly is your point here, LW? That it's OK to force a young 13 y.o. child to strip in front of school employees? This is out and out molesting, child abuse and humiliation of that young girl. You're OK with that? I'm not OK with anyone being OK with that. My father and mother would have been down at the school with blood in their eyes, they would never have allowed it. Fact is, it was done without asking the parent's permission and all choices were taken away from the girl and her parents. I'm not a violent person but I'd sure want to kill anyone who forced my daughter to strip in front of them. And what the hell is wrong with kids having aspiring anyway??? Is the suspicious of drug use more important than scarring a young girl for life and forcing her to distrust authorities? Do you ahve any idea what this does to a young person?
Geez, I sure hope you don't have children. Did they issue you a Stupid License or something?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join