It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home School, Anyone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Home School, Anyone?

www.americanchronicle.com

In Arizona the courts have ruled that a13-year-old girl’s rights were not violated after a strip search was performed by Safford Middle School officials looking for ibuprofen (Advil). After two students informed school officials that the girl had ibuprofen on her person, the vice-principle, nurse and an administrative assistant called the student into an office where she was made to expose her breasts and pubic area to them.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Schools are teaching a lot these days, but I'm not sure how much of it is about education.

www.americanchronicle.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Ibuprophen?!

She had Tylenol and that gives them a right to make her strip in front of them?

Is anyone suing the school over this? They should be. The school is a public building, and by being forced to strip in front of them, they are not only forcing Public Indecency upon the girl, but these are also acts of pedophilia.

What a wonderful legal system the US has...

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
That is absolutely outrageous! I would hope that my kids have had common sense and self regard drummed into them enough by me to NEVER allow such a disrespect to happen. I tell them that if the teachers at school or anyone attempts anything that feels wrong to them to insist that they call me. This is when it would have been a good idea for the child to have had a cell phone handy to call her parents. Unfortunately some parents are drones and sheeple just allow what ever to happen to their kids... I say S_U_E_!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is ridiculous! While there are kids going around with illegal drugs, they go after someone with ibuprofen. i know just about any drug can be abused, but they could've called her parents before violating her rights like that. Her rights were violated! that judge apparently doesn't know how to do his job. if i was her father i would raise hell with that school!

If i do have kids someday, i just don't know what i would do about their education. If they are home-schooled, they don't get to socialize with other kids their age. but on the other hand, if they go to public or even private, they're treated like this! it makes me irate!

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Yes, the mother sued, but the courts decided that the admin of the school were well within their rights. The decision was 2-1, one justice thought it was as outrageous as we do, but two others did not.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Originally posted by Sandro

This is ridiculous! While there are kids going around with illegal drugs, they go after someone with ibuprofen.

I was about to ask if Ibuprofen was illegal in the USA for minors.
Let me know when a multi-million dollar lawsuit is brought against the school and the participants placed on the sex register.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vikturtle

Do you know how many people in the higher echelons of the judiciary are 'allegedly' involved in paedophilia?
Don't answer that (obviously).

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
That ruling pretty much just opened the door for PEDOs in the school system. If they want to see some little girl's titas, now all they have to do now is have her searched for drugs.

If I was that girl's father, I'd be feeling a strong urge to hurt those involved.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TommyCrown
I was about to ask if Ibuprofen was illegal in the USA for minors.
Let me know when a multi-million dollar lawsuit is brought against the school and the participants placed on the sex register.

Locally[PA]. ANY drugs are forbidden in a student's possession. Cold/Cough Medicine, Pain Relievers, etc.
If a child is found to be in possession of either of the aforementioned, they are considered and addressed the same as if it were a controlled substance. Crazy, yeah... but that's the way it is anymore.

If my daughter suffers from menstrual cramps, she's NOT allowed to take Motrin to school without it being given to and dispensed by the school nurse. We also have to sign off stating that the nurse is authorized/allowed to dispsense said medication upon request/need.

Unfortunately, I doubt there'll be any lawsuit over this incident, no matter how ridiculous it may seem.

Undeclared medicines in the possession of underaged students seem to be considered the same as illicit drugs ... Go Figure. Tylenol will get you suspended, if not prosecuted.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The American urge to sue everyone and everything is a big joke to many outside the US. However, in this case, sueing just doesn't go far enough. If this were my daughter, I would remove her from the school immediately and would find it very hard to resist the temptation to break heads.

Parents should be called first. How can any professional educator not know that this is just plain wrong!!

The amount of psych damage done to a new teen, making her strip infront of multiple adults and be searched in this way, could be very long lasting indeed. Let's hope the parents didn't add to the shame and embarrassment in any way once she got home.

This is just another example of how the education system exists purely to condition young minds to conform and be controlled, rather than to educate and promote thinking.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to 12m8keall2c

Many thanks for the clarification.

It got me thinking about a slightly tangential topic.

I once managed a swimming pool which was partly owned by the local authority and partly by a school (it was on school ground).
The school catered for 11 - 18 year olds.
Often when I came on shift towards the end of the school day I would find female teachers standing in the male changing rooms while the boys got changed.
Of course I told them to leave but also asked them whether they would consider it acceptable for a male teacher to be standing in the female changing room.

Thick as sh*t.

[edit on 3-10-2007 by TommyCrown]

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I am a mother to a girl. This story has me so outraged and so upset. I would be sitting in jail right now, if that happend to my daughter because I would do some harm to those 3 adults.

Absolutely unacceptable.

My voice was shaking while I was telling this story to my husband.

I was homeschooled for about 2 years - I hated it.

However, my parents did it for religious reaons and us moving around (due to my father being a pastor).

But in this day and age, I fear for the condition of schools when my daughter finally enters them. I will be making sure she has a cell phone on her - regardless of what they say. LOL

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandro

If i do have kids someday, i just don't know what i would do about their education. If they are home-schooled, they don't get to socialize with other kids their age

As a home school mom, I've got to tell you that my four children have BETTER socialization now than they did at public school. The biggest difference is now they get to choose who they want to be around instead of being forced to be with kids who may not be such great influences. My teenagers agree that they are much happier now. And on any given day, you can find 8 or 9 kids hanging at my house. My kids are involved in sports, drama groups, go to dances and parties, etc, just like public school kids do.

And to get back on topic:
It amazes me how quickly the control has been shifted from parents to schools. Even parents who are involved in their child's education really have no control over what happens to that child at school. Because of drugs and violence, we now have school staff reacting in completely unacceptable ways, school rules have become ridiculous and, from what I can see, school is actually more dangerous now instead of the restrictions making it safer. The OP is just one example that captured attention. I bet if parents asked their kids what really goes on every day, they'd be in for a surprise.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Most schools Do promote pedophiles and molesters as they continue to allow
the song Rock and Roll part 2 (aka the hey song) to be play at school games
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
I was going to start a thread about this awhile back but this looks like a good spot.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by deadcatsrule]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I am so outraged right now I can hardly speak or type. This is out and out child abuse, pedophilia, molesting and wrong in so many ways. It amazes me that schools don't seem able to make any kind of intelligent choices any more. If I had children, no way would I allow my kid in a public school.
I, too, would be in jail right now, as I would have broken heads but good. It's time for ALL of us, not just parents, to form together with pitchforks, tar and feathers and gather at local administrative offices and principal offices all over the country and demand to know what in hell is going on.

Parents should ALWAYS be called first. The school may not like the way parents handle the situation, but tough, they aren't their kids, they need to deal with it, as the schools are handling things worse than any incompetent parent could dare think about.
My mother would have had their heads on a platter if they had dared do this to me. WHERE are the parents? Why aren't more parents banding together and coming forward to take strong action about this? Or maybe they are, but they're being shot down by the court system. What in the hell is going on here, that children and their parents are being violated so much at so many schools in the U.S.? How long before parents start rioting at public schools in protest?
And they also arrested her mother? What the hell...?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is disgusting. Here in the UK we might be turning into a big brother state or whatever but that would never be allowed. It would be on the news and there would be the biggest scandal ever. And I don't advocate violence but there would be a couple of teachers/nurses whatever with a big black eye each for that kind of thing. No kidding.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I am a father; I have a daughter and I can assure EVERYONE that had this been my daughter there would be many people left in the wake of my complete and uncontrolled rage!!!

I do not trust the government any longer. I do not trust the police any longer. I do not trust the legal system any longer. I would have become judge, jury and executioner in one fell swoop.

I am a firm believer that it is high time to round up the people that are responsible for this type of thing and eradicate them systematically from the face of the earth! This embodies absolutely EVERYTHING that is wrong with this God-for-saken planet and I cannot conceive how the human race allows this type of abhorrent behavior to be permitted on any level. Suing these pieces of crap and winning wouldn't even constitute 1% of the punishment that I would dole out!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
jesus! and i found getting patted down everyday degrading. you cant even get high off ibuprofen (ive tried). thats ridiculous i could understand if someone said she had a gun or was trying to sell them heroin. it all depends too on what you look like if she was wearing abercrombie and fitch and doc martins and came from a wealthy family they propably wouldve just went through her purse. you look like a skater a stoner or a gangster and theyll take you to the janitors office and ARTICHOKE you. ide se the expletive out of the school or atleast attempt to file criminal charges. i didnt readthe full article because my internets being iffy this morning. was there a officer present or was it just the school? if there wasnt a officer present then they can sue and file criminal charges. if there was a officer present then theres not much they can do.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
just a few moments ago i posted in another thread that i would be homeschooling my kid. every day i read about something that reinforces that decision. this is #3 for today. =)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join