It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOCOM: Confrontation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
SOCOM: Confrontation, or SOCOM 4, is being released sometime in late 2007 or 2008 for the PS3.

Is anyone else looking forward to this game as much as I am?

SOCOM breaches onto the PS3 in high-definition with the ultimate next-generation online combat experience. SOCOM Confrontation focuses on online play and the global community and clans that support it. With support for Tournaments, Clan Ladders, Leader Boards, this fourth title in the multi-million unit selling franchise is exactly what SOCOM fans have been clamoring for. Additionally, players will be able to modify their appearance through facial and physical customization. A global-scale experience, SOCOM Confrontation gives players the opportunity to battle against the best and brightest from the U.S., Europe and Asia. SOCOM Confrontation deploys with five new North African themed maps, including a 32-player version of "Crossroads." Additional themed packs for SOCOM Confrontation will be made available for download via the PlayStation Store.

SOCOM: Confrontation IGN Page

It looks awesome! Zipper Interactive apparently isn't doing the game anymore. It's a company called Slant Six Games.

You should check out the videos here. Especially the "E3 2007 Gameplay" video. It shows in game footage which looks amazing!

Apparently you'll be able to modify your player appearance, as well as your clan leader being able to make your clan uniforms unique. Also, players from North America, Europe, and Asia being able to play together online.

This game definitely looks like a must buy!

I still have to get a PS3, but I'm going to just for this game.

Anyone else going to get it?

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I will be playing it. I think the pushed back the release from fall 2007 to sometime in 2008. I am glad zipper wised up and made this only a online game. I do have some concerns. I think there are only 5 maps available. Zipper is the worst company ever in releasing downloadable content, so don't look for any additional maps.

Also they need to tweak the PS3 controls. Socom Combined Assult is unplayable on my PS3 because of the controls. They are WAY to sensitive, also the lack of a rumble controller is a bummer.

I think it was smart for them to push back the release date. This will be the game that Sony needs to compete with Halo 3. It will be there top selling game next year next to Grand Theft Auto. The worst case scenerio would have been releasing this game full of bugs.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Zipper actually isn't doing this game. It's Slant Six Games.

There is also going to be downloadable maps on the Playstation Store or something like that.

It does kinda suck that there will only be 5 maps initially, though. But I guess those five maps are going to have a number of possibilities depending on the game mode, such as control, suppression, demolition etc.

I really hope it's good. This game looks so much different than the typical SOCOM look. Different in a good way. Different in the way that it has been upgraded in a major way. I guess that's because PS3 offers more.

But I'd say this game has to be good for the SOCOM series to even survive. SOCOM 3, in my opinion, was a complete bust. So much hype, so little delivered.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I hope they also take out the red dot on the radar with represents the enemy. This would elimate sniping and the use of silent weapons. The of the best things in the game is the ability to use stealth to take out the other team. With the red dot it is like a big bullseye. I can't imagine them leaving that in.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by testrat]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think sniping and silent weapons are good for the game. That red dot is annoying though.

The SEALs should have better weapons than the terrorists, but the terrorists should have the advantage of the terrain, and be able to better use the surroundings to their advantage.

top topics

join