It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Milky Way Alive?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheConservative

Originally posted by effigyrelease

Originally posted by junglejake
Looking more for a definition of what life is. The Milkey Way Galaxy creates order out of chaos. Stars out of clouds of hydrogen. Planets. Moons, and, as we see here on earth, life. So would something that can do this be considered a life form?

*dramatic gasp* i've had an epiphany! what if the milky way is our god? i mean... it cannot be denied we were made by it, because of it. maybe all the god beliefs stemmed from an antient story that the milky way is the true god?

dunno. it sounds crazy even to me.
but i find this whole topis interesting. wouldn't it be amusing if it was alive?

Theoretically, you could say the same thing about the universe, being "God" if you will.

I've had this idea since I was younger. I've never believed in some "all-knowing God" up in the sky, but instead that the galaxy we live in is a molecule or cell of some sort in the body of an unimaginably enormous being. Then, technically, God would be everywhere because we ourselves would be a piece of God. It also could be said that we were created by God in that instance also.However, I doubt that God would have anymore control or interest in our existance than we have over individual molecules in our bodies. I've also wondered if the same thing could be possible in reverse--little tiny sentient beings living in the tiny "solar systems" of atoms.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
God is intelligence period, thought, idea, imagination, cognizance, plans, design, organization, order, details, etc out of the chaos that was the darkness.

All existing life in order to exist must have god in it. It aspires to greater heights of evolution and then eventually reunification into a whole.

Why would someone want to run to the darkness away from the light is simply beyond me?

Is that predistination from the big bang? the creation of light and dark, good and evil?

The entire universe is an organism on a large scale.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
God is intelligence period, thought, idea, imagination, cognizance, plans, design, organization, order, details, etc out of the chaos that was the darkness.

All existing life in order to exist must have god in it. It aspires to greater heights of evolution and then eventually reunification into a whole.

Why would someone want to run to the darkness away from the light is simply beyond me?

Is that predistination from the big bang? the creation of light and dark, good and evil?

The entire universe is an organism on a large scale.

exactly. everything is alive. each galaxy a cell in the larger body, which is a cell in the larger body.
i wonder if at some 'point' it all folds back into the 'god quanta'? which in 'my' mind, is a single point that is everything and nothing all at once?
good and evil might be an invention of man. light and dark are needed for experience.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
if the milky way is alive because it eats and breaths then what about cars? A lot of the organs that are in the human body are present in some form in cars. they eat they breath they have parts to filter impurities they excrete they can even think with their computer chips.
the problems lies with having a concrete definition of what life is.

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
how is taking from a cloud taking from chaos when it is all made up of the same h2 element? by going from cloud to planet , it is moving from order to order. therefore life does spring up from chaos

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join