It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandemic Flu And You.... My Government Cares About Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I received a flyer in the mail box yesterday from Public Health Services.

I'm sorry I have a crappy camera, but here's the pics of the pamphlet.

Front...

Back...

Inside...

I find it nice that they care, or at least want to cover their ass in the event that it happens, but I almost feel like they know it's on the way. I guess it is inevitable that the flu will go pandemic at some point, though I wonder why this is being put out right now.

It's an informative piece of work, but they basically tell you that if a pandemic strikes we are on our own and the government will stop offering services until the pandemic passes.

And this.........

Who will be in charge during a pandemic?

The City of Hamilton, Public Health Services has formed a decision making group called the Pandemic Influenza Steering Committee. This committee has been meeting monthly to prepare for a pandemic. The Pandemic Influenza Steering Committee and the City of Hamilton Emergency Control Group will make decisions regarding the response to the pandemic in the City of Hamilton.

Here's the web pages that they direct you to for more information.

www.myhamilton.ca...
www.myhamilton.ca...
www.health.gov.on.ca...

Are they being prudent, or do they know more than they are telling us ???

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
AD..I believe this is just ass covering...they create the problem then offer the solution.Same old crap in a different package.
Yes I do believe that viruses mutate...however they have been hastened along by antibiotics and even outright created in my opinion.I will never believe the government gives a rats patootie about me or my family unless I refuse to pay taxes.:shk:

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Go Vegan. Since I've altered my diet, Strep and Influenza have skipped over me every time. No government shots, no under/over the counter medication, and no more immunizations. Fruits and vegetables, ftw.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Way to go..I wish I could but hypoglycemia prevents me from doing that.I need 3 times as much protein as a regular person who does eat meat...couldn't go vegan if I wanted too.
However..I have not used any over the counter or prescription drugs in the last 20 years,and I loathe vaccinations...especially the flu shot.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

that must suck, I can't believe what is going on are they ignorant or just plain stupid:bnghd: do they think for a second that we as people won't figure stuff out? wow, I think I agree with you this is a major ass covering.

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Yes I do believe that viruses mutate...however they have been hastened along by antibiotics and even outright created in my opinion.

Antibiotics will do nothing for a virus, and are only meant to help control bacterial infections. They behave on a completely different set of criteria as the molecular structure of bacteria and viruses are completely different. For example, take a common antibiotic such as Streptomycin, which works to interfere with protein synthesis by binding to cellular ribosomes. Viruses do not contain cell walls nor ribosomes so the antibiotic effect of these medications is completely mute. This also stands true for all antibiotics in that the mechanisms they trigger to help control and decimate bacterial populations will have no affect on their viral counterparts. The only current medications that will actually work for viruses are anti-virals such as those common with Influenza, HIV, Herpes, etc. These medications work because they specifically target the structure of viruses and prohibit the lifecycle of the virus in a few different ways, such as: attachment to a host cell, release of genes and enzymes, prohibiting replication, etc.

top topics

join