It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars looks blue...seen from Earth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
PAX

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hi Everybody,

Please check these Mars pictures;taken from Earth by
an amateur astronomer in Portugal in 1998/99.One can
see clearly that there is lots of BLUE in it ...
This astronomer is an amateur,has nothing to do with
official entities,he bought everything himself.
I think NASA has found some kind of ElDorado there and
wants to keep it secret untill US dominance is certain.
It`s a bit like when the Portuguese found a way around
Africa to go to the spices paradise in the East ... LOL !!!

www.astrosurf.com...
www.astrosurf.com...

www.enterprisemission.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
wow that is really kool! But you know it's not nessisarily blue, and it's not nessisarily red. Cameras don't see in color like us, infact not even the NASA pictures we're getting today are true color. That explains the reson it looks so red. Or if it looks green. They need to put those two images together to make thier 3D pictures. Thats why some of the pictures look blue and some look red or green.

PAX

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
BlackgraceGazia,

Check www.enterprisemission.com...

and read Richard Hoagland`s explanation about all this,
they have already done what you suggest,and what you
just saw is the final result,it`s hard to believe but there
is something blue on Mars.

Greetings,
PAX

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'd rather see it myself still.

There's a picture that shows many different variations of mars, you can't expect NASA to be perfect.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Similar discussion in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
See, there's a problem with this theory of the US government and NASA trying to hid the fact that Mars is blue until they have a sure foothold to control the planet. The United States isn't the only country in the world with optic technology. Most all first world countries have telescopes, and some very powerful ones. And the US doesn't control every astronomer on the planet except for this one guy in Portugal. If it was, in fact, blue, it would have been made known long ago. Astronomers, like most scientists, usually aren't working to further their government, but rather to further the cause of science and knowlege. It wouldn't make sense for all of them to keep under wraps their observations of mars and to change the colors of Mars every time they released a photo.

Also, looking at www.enterprisemission.com... they show this one image, and then the best picture of Mars taken 50 years ago. The Mars of 50 years ago, when it was EXTREAMLY difficult to doctor colors on photos and make them still look right and real, is red. The digital one, taken when it can be done by anyone with a digital camera and a copy of PhotoShop, is blue. Which would you suspect to be more likely to be doctored?

Also, your www.astrosurf.com... link showed the different filters the camera used and the final result when they were combined. I didn't see much blue in that guy. And the blue image was pretty much just grey. Red overwhelmed everything.

And finally, I can't imagine Greece thousands of years ago started this conspiracy by calling Mars the red planet so the US could keep future civilizations from gaining the rich resources on Mars.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I AGREE! Yes thank you! * has a coughing fit* Good point. ^__^

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
There should be no discussion how the planet Ma'adim (Mars) looks red from Earth with the naked eye. But this could infact be due to athmosphere distortion of the colors. The fact that it looks different from it's sister planets should tell us something. The Moon looks kind of yellow and even blood red from Earth, while a telescope reveils it's grey and sandy surface. It has to do with reflection and athmosphere. And if Ma'adim indeed has a living athmosphere as it seems, we have two athmospheres through which the reflected light has to travel through before it hits your eyes here on Earth. The physics of color is something man has been trying to master for God knows how long. There are many paradoxes when it comes to color. The difference between reflex and radiation for instance. How the colors of light behave nearly oposite from the colors of paint or surfaces. And how gasses works as filters, filtering out certain colors, while boosting others etc. The reddish, yellow-brown color of Ma'adim may infact be there because there is a presence of organic compounds in the athmosphere.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by mikromarius]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
The Mars of 50 years ago, when it was EXTREAMLY difficult to doctor colors on photos and make them still look right and real, is red.

This is bogus. It wasn't difficult at all. All you need is a single filter and a photolab. Nearly everything you do in Photoshop today having to do with color tweaking, cloning, retouching etc. are just simulations of what they've been doing at master level in photolabs for nearly 100 years. I'd say it is rather the other way around. And besides, do you think that the first super computer was the Cray-1 of 1976? That was the first you heared about. Besides, the letter C was always the "trademark" of Cray super computers. From the first letter in their brand to the very shape of the boxes they came in. Quite funny when you look at one of the greatest controversies in NASA's history of strange pictures: The Moon rock with the letter C branded into it's surface. Hmmm

Edit: And technology most people today believe is rather new inventions, like ISDN, broadband tech, etc. etc. are mostly inventions from the Cold War �ra. The same could be said about Stealth technology, and most other things we believe are modern inventions. It came about at the same time the USA "landed on the Moon".

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I'm sure that image is similar to this picture taken by the Hubble Telescope

As you can see, there is some blue in those clouds.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
MM, the continued harping on about the moon hoax is kind of pointless, it has been repeatedly and solidly debunked.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
MM, the continued harping on about the moon hoax is kind of pointless, it has been repeatedly and solidly debunked.

And their proofs have likeways been just as debunked. The proofs you gave me in the thread I made about that BBC article just doesn't make sense.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Its pointless arguing about the colour of mars, you won't know the true colour of mars until you go there yourself

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
if we are so willing to find out what color mars is and the sky is why don't they find a privat funded way of sending crafts to the planned so Nasa can't change the color IF they did it.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
if we are so willing to find out what color mars is and the sky is why don't they find a privat funded way of sending crafts to the planned so Nasa can't change the color IF they did it.

They are certainly moving in that direction with the X-Prize effort...
www.space.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikromarius

Originally posted by junglejake
The Mars of 50 years ago, when it was EXTREAMLY difficult to doctor colors on photos and make them still look right and real, is red.

This is bogus. It wasn't difficult at all. All you need is a single filter and a photolab. Nearly everything you do in Photoshop today having to do with color tweaking, cloning, retouching etc. are just simulations of what they've been doing at master level in photolabs for nearly 100 years. I'd say it is rather the other way around. And besides, do you think that the first super computer was the Cray-1 of 1976? That was the first you heared about. Besides, the letter C was always the "trademark" of Cray super computers. From the first letter in their brand to the very shape of the boxes they came in. Quite funny when you look at one of the greatest controversies in NASA's history of strange pictures: The Moon rock with the letter C branded into it's surface. Hmmm

Edit: And technology most people today believe is rather new inventions, like ISDN, broadband tech, etc. etc. are mostly inventions from the Cold War �ra. The same could be said about Stealth technology, and most other things we believe are modern inventions. It came about at the same time the USA "landed on the Moon".

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Ok, so the moon landing is bunk (I saw your latest post. Why didn't the proofs make sense?), the existance of computers was covered up by our covernment (The first computer to come out came out a lot earlier then '76! We had computers on bombers(B-29) and Wall Street had mainframes durring WWII...

PAX

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
A discussion can lead to many points of view ... but what
do you think about this picture? It was taken by Europe`s Mars Express Probe ... and have you guys checked the temperature on Mars lately ?...

ESA Picture :

www.esa.int...

Temperature on Mars :

emma.la.asu.edu...

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
ive seen seen mars on clear nights and it looks red to me. a little red dot in the sky

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
To get back on topic ( moon landing is fake arse staring up again!!!!!!) This is amazing.
My knowledge is limited in this field, but from the pics I observed, I would swear that I was looking at a breathing living planet.
Amazing find, Hats off!

Deep

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
ive seen seen mars on clear nights and it looks red to me. a little red dot in the sky

Me too, KI - and through optical telescopes of various apertures, ranging from a 4.5 in refractor to a 14 in Celestron SCT (an earlier version in the University of York's oberservatory). In all cases, as with the naked eye, the predominent colour is red - Mars has been known as the Red Planet since....?? Mars - the bringer of war = red = blood....

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by Genya]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join